River City Medical Group Employee Reviews

Flexible with days off upon request.
Medical Assistant, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2018
I love working and providing care to patients.
The hardest part of my job is doing all the clinical work by myself, has been a challenge but fortunately that’s what I like, challenge, has give me the opportunity to develop my skills and learn different procedures.
Awful place to wirk
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
Management sucks. The directors are rejects of other good companies. If they like you,you have a job. If they don’t, your out. Too much gossip and backstabbing. If you want a good job. Don’t apply here too many fake people. They’ll tell you one thing and turn around and do another.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many yo list. Just run away from this horrible hole
Experience at RCMG
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2018
I am grateful for gaining experience in an medical area that I was not too familiar with. I thank River City Medical Group for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to work there. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting the specific amount of authorizations done everyday, but it was accomplished.
Rcmg is a great company
Utilization Management Coordinator/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2018
very enjoyable to work for RCMG
employees are very kind
supervisors are very responsible
there is a lot of work to do and work needs to be done in a certain time frame
Hostile environment nt rude employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2018
Hostile working environment rude employees lack of communication with employees. Alot of favoritism. Its like a big high school. Doctors don’t care. Nor do the employees. Upper management lies.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Negative daily work bal
Company is average, but my team ROCKS
Case Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2018
work culture - average
management - average
most enjoyable part of work - being around my team members and being able to help our patients together as a TEAM.
Pros
hours
Cons
no more bonuses for the staff
Productive environment , spoke with providers regarding reprocess.
Provider Relations Specialist/Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2018
Utilized Medi-Cal and Medicare fee schedule and DOFR. Adjudicated clean claims, spoke with providers, and adjusted claims as needed.
Performed audtining of adjudication claims prior to payment.
Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
So Much Potential
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2018
So much potential to be a great company, unfortunately a lack of leadership and the inability to place qualified, talented individuals in the right positions, is a consistent downfall.
Pros
a peppering of really great employees
Cons
too many to list
Working with the under served patient population is rewarding
Sacramento (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Flexible work schedule, work with the under served population and provide healthcare. Good collaboration with those who are open to suggestions. Look for opportunities to do more with less resources.
Challenging workplace
Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Every day is a new challenge and management pushes you to do your best. They are there every step of the way to provide the resources you need and help you find the answers.
Some Changes Need To Happen
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2018
At River City Medical Group there is not one set of rules that are evenly applied across the board. The leadership team changes the rules to suit whatever decision they want to make at any given time. They promote the people the like and can control rather than looking for the best people for the job. The culture here is that you don't matter if you aren't part of the leadership team, incentives and bonuses for staff are sacrificed to benefit the board (not always for the benefit of the company as a whole), there is very poor communication and money matters more than people. Of course, these statements don't necessarily apply to all of the executives as individuals. Some of them are wonderful people but in the end the decisions are made by the board and they do not value the employees of this company.

Understand, though, that it is not all bad. There are some great employees who truly care about the job they do and the people they work with. The HR team is amazing and does their best to keep things fair but their hands are often tied by the executive team and the board. All companies have their own set issues and the ones at River City Medical Group aren't impossible to overcome. But in order for that to happen, the board needs to start allowing the executive team to be the leaders they were hired to be. The culture needs to change to make the employees feel valued and heard. If those things can happen, River City Medical Group could be a great employer.
Pros
Good benefits, ok pay, good location
Cons
Workplace culture, leadership
RCMG is the local joke.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2017
River city medical group is a joke. It amazes me that they even list new jobs considering their recent weekly layoffs. Their medical directors are not knowledgeable, completely unprofessional and obviously the rejects from other companies where they couldn't survive. There is no stability. There is no room for advancement. The working environment is hostile. If you wish to hate your job daily and bring home your anger then by all means apply apply apply.
Pros
It's a job...till you get laid off with absolutely no severance. I would know.
Cons
Everything! You must experience it to truly believe how dysfunctional the company is.
Don't fall for the five stars
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2017
The company deserves more of a 1 star. Someone who has written a five star rating is clearly a person who doesn't work here or is trying to lure exceptionally working individuals only to axe them. There is absolutely no integrity here. Save yourself the trouble and keep your job or keep looking.
Pros
The compensation was okay
Great Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2017
River City Medical Group has experienced tremendous growth in the past 4 years. The organization is dynamic, features multiple unique departments that require critical and diverse skill sets and is continuously developing and maturing. RCMG provides a rewarding career opportunity with an organization that makes a difference in the lives of the greater Sacramento area's and nearby rural county's most vulnerable populations.

The best part of my job has been the freedom and opportunity to develop, create and implement something new. I have also greatly enjoyed collaborating with people who work at RCMG and their commitment to our mission.

RCMG also has a competitive and generous and competitive compensation and benefits package.
Pros
Mission, Opportunity, People, Compensation and Benefits
Feels good to work for Doctors who believe in helping the underserved.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work, helping the underserved get quality care. Management supports staff with a great working environment.
The Board and Senior Staff lead by example making the tough jobs
a team effort. Almost 3years in at RCMG, it's been a truly rewarding job on many levels.
Pros
Rewarding work.
Cons
Lots of external challenges to bringing quality healthcare to all.
Excellent Place to Work
River City Employee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2017
I would highly recommend RCMG. Truly an exciting, intellectually stimulating, challenging, rewarding, and career actualizing place to work. It has a dynamic, inspirational, empowering, creative, and experienced management and leadership team that truly cares about their employees, partners, providers, patients, and the healthcare community at large. The corporate culture is friendly, collaborative, and team oriented.
Horrible
Senior Manager, Network Development & Contracting (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2017
Horrible Place to Work. This isn't a place anyone should work. This is a very stressful place to work. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone very
Unprofessional Management
Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2016
Very unprofessional management, inexperienced management not versed on work place laws and employee confidentiality , medical benefits are not great, extremely poor training. The pay is okay could have been better. This company has a long way to go as far as building good management.
Pros
hour long lunches
Cons
no choice in working most weekends
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 3, 2015
A good company to work for, there is room for growth very professional atmosphere. would recommend this company to everyone . Benefits are too high but the pay is great. I had leave because my husband wanted me to take care of our son. But if they would take back I would go back. They only thin I have agree on is high benefits.
Pros
Everything!! benefits, pay, management, professional all around.
Cons
High medical insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River City Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9