River Crest Hospital Employee Reviews

Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76904April 4, 2019
Productive and mission driven work place, always customer driven and benefits are great. Good staff and great patient care, lots of employee recognition programs
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Would give this no stars if I could.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 29, 2019
If you want to work at a place where administration views you as only a warm body to meet licensing standards, then work here. This company is ONLY concerned about how they look to corporate and joint commission. You are constantly put through poor training and workdays while working on the floor. The patients that come in are far too dangerous for the little amount of training that you receive. Several staff members get sent to the hospital due to being attacked by patients, and administration still allows these patients to come back, or they try to make the situation your fault. Administration constantly pits the staff from other departments against each other as well. Overall, a horrible working experience.
Pros
Cons
Poor management across the board, no communication, no support from administration when short staffed, very poor pay for what the job asks of you.
Loved working there
HR Director (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 17, 2018
I loved working there. I had a great CEO that was a wonderful and fair leader. There was a good work-life balance there. The only reason I left is that I was grossly under paid. I went to another job that literally paid twice what I was making at River Crest. However, I loved the time I did work there. The other managers were great to work with and I really enjoyed my time there. We also had discounted lunches on site. We had several employee recognition programs then: Service Excellence, Department of Service Excellence in which the whole department goes out to lunch with the CEO, Movie Tickets for Birthdays, Years of Service recognition, Employee of the Month, etc....
Pros
Good work environment, great supervisor, good benefits
Cons
Pay was extremely low
My manager
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 9, 2018
Had never been in a managerial position before; and when I was assigned to do coding, for which I received no training, I was terminated because of a mistake I had made.
Unorganized
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 19, 2018
Unorganized stressful place to work. Not enough coverage to help staff. Bad management. Residents to staff ratio to high. I wouldn’t recommend working here.
I relieved the pharmacist at River Crest for less than a month.
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I relieved the pharmacist at River Crest for less than a month.
The pharmacy was clean and easy to work out of. The computer was easy to learn. The dispensing machine was Med-Dispnese which I was familiar with.
I was on call but I was never called.
It was a nice place to work.
Pros
Small facility, easy to get around, and learn.
Cons
Most activities occurred on time and as described. I rarely had to stay late.
INPATIENT CLINICAL DIETITIAN PRN (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 31, 2018
Love working at the place, never had any issues. pays well. friendly staff. Want to work here until I retire. Love management and directors very friendly
Disappointing Experience
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 30, 2018
A typical work day involved very busy days.

Things learned were to think quickly.

Management was sadly non-existent. You didn't even know who your exact supervisor was most times.

The hardest part of the job was the instability. Not knowing what was happening one day to the next. New patients brought in without warning, preparation or knowledge of their history. And the staff seemed disposable and easily replaceable.

The most enjoyable part was patients having therapy breakthroughs.
Pros
Teamwork Among Techs
Cons
Pay & Instability
Horrible workplace not safe management is bad!
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 9, 2018
If your looking for a place because it's your last resort I would say go apply at McDonald's you would be happier! The environment is very bad, staffing is awful and supervisor only care about how you make them look!
Fast paced
Lead Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 19, 2018
River Crest Hospital is a friendly, fast paced environment. We strive to always ensure patient safety and collaboratively work together. Time management is key to being successful and having a decrease in stress.
Cons
short lunch breaks (30 min.)
Closing
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJanuary 7, 2018
When I arrived at Rivercrest Hospital, it was easy to see that it was not thriving well. I stayed until the job I wanted opened up and then left. It closed a month after I left.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Dying business
nice place to work but stressfull at times
LEAD TECH (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 14, 2017
It is a nice place to work but can be stressful at times. kept me on my toes and co workers and management were great. all were understanding when I needed time off for any reason and everyone was willing to help out everyone.
shannon is better
MHT (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 23, 2016
terrible management, theyre very unorganized and scatter brained. they show no employee appreciation. ceo is more worried about how high he can pull his pants up then taking care of employees and important matters. Its always short staffed which causes an unsafe workplace for other employees. management definitely plays favorites also. most of the co workers are nice and fun to be around. but like every other healthcare job they don't pay enough for what you have to endure while on the work floor. all they care about is money and will keep patients as long as possible. and to top it off the HR lady is the rudest person ever and acts like its a hastle when she has to do her job and help someone
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
If you only need a job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Management has cut staffing to unsafe levels. There is no communication from supervisors to supervisors in nursing department. They don't message when flexing you off.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Lots of favortism. Management is awful. Unsafe staffing!!
I am a night time MHT
MHT (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 20, 2016
I work night shift. We are constantly under staffed and depending on your supervisor you might get screwed. Currently one of the supervisors are extremely unprofessional and creates a hostile environment to work in. Constantly having problems with pay and constantly. Over all most employees are great to work with but there is still always that 10% and that 10% is mostly in the management.
Enjoy working at River Crest
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Trusted key carrier, start with morning reports which have to be done in a certain time frame daily, receiving patient valuables and securing them for the duration of the patient stay, assist Dr.'s with their needs, safe access, problem solving, communicate with manager and other office staff with information relayed to me related to my job.

The hardest part of my job nothing its a really great job.
I enjoy working with the people at River Crest we have a great team
Pros
in expensive lunches, manager appreciation, communication
Cons
no employee break room
not stable place to work for .
OUTPATIENT TREATMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 22, 2014
you never know when they are going to dissolve your job, and you be stranded jobless.. no stability in the Co, not a place recommended to work at
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
no lunch short breaks
Mht
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 24, 2014
I loved everything about the job except we worked short handed all the time which put extra workload onthe ones that did show up.
Pros
enjoyed helping people
Cons
always working short handed which made it hard on us that wouls show up for work
Psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment facility.
RN / Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 16, 2012
Travel to hospitals, physician offices, clinic, military bases throughout West Texas to provide information about hospital services. Represent hospital in community health fairs and related community events. Liaison with military and community organizations.
Pros
set own schedule; work with minimal supervision; company car
Cons
requires extensive travel and time away from family
management changes have alienated and destroyed a great team
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 22, 2012
management changes have alienated and destroyed a great team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Crest Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9