River Edge Behavioral Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great opportunity for experience
Current member (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 10, 2018
River Edge is a great organization to gain experience and training. The culture is very progressive and you can get free CEUs. I've learned so much about Behavioral Health, Recovery, and DD since I've been here! The training that is offered really makes me feel like a valued member of our team!
Pros
Free CEUs
Cons
The compensation could be more aligned with other agencies in the area
Good place
Direct Client Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 23, 2018
I worked there for a year and a half and it was a good place to work at. you have people who really cares for the clients and the clients are as sweet as pie.
hardest part of the job
Developmental Disability Residential Nurse (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 25, 2018
Many of the client required special needs to get the care they need, sometimes is it not available without the many loops you have to go through to get the resources needed.
Pros
Great company, great staff
Cons
high staff turn over
River Edge is a Mental Health facility offering services for youth and adults with mental health illnesses and subtance abuse issues
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 14, 2018
There are no typical days at River Edge, each day is challenging and yet rewarding depending on the consumer being served.
Each consumer is treated as an individual based on their particular need. I have learned to have patience and to be compassionate.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to serve everyone that need assistance. The most rewarding part of the job is being able to serve the ones that we can.
Pros
Being able to provide services
Cons
No advancement
a learning experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 28, 2018
I would think that my experience with Riveredge taught me something about the individuals in which I enjoy working. I also learned time management and work ethics are somewhat uncommon in this field and need to be upheld.
Pros
free lunches, programs directed at indivdual needs
Cons
no healthcare, low salary
Long Term Care Facility
report any changes of resident to charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I think that this place is good for people that don't want to do anything else. But settle for the same things on a daily basis where they do a lot of labor work.
Overall ok place to work
House Parent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 24, 2017
I worked the second shift and weekend shift. I worked for 8 hrs most days but also worked a lot of overtime hours. The staffing wasn't great because it would be time to get off and no one has called to let you know that there's no one to come and release you, so you're stuck there for several more hours.
Terrible Company
Social Service Provider I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 4, 2017
One of the worst places I've ever worked. Management is terrible. No support. Some great people, but many are nasty, cut-throat, especially in management.
Pros
I got a pay check.
Cons
Horrible management and work environment.
Great Benefits and awesome manager
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 16, 2017
Dealing with people with mental health and behavioral health is a challenge. It's very stressful and when there's no teamwork it's hard to know who has your safety at hand and who doesn't.
benefits
Cons
no teamwork
Productive and new learning opportunities
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 11, 2017
On a day to day basis, I completed a variety of office duties in which contains: typing, filing, answering the phone, opening and closing crisis records and usda reports, etc.
fun place to work
Assisting Clients (Former Employee) –  Macon GAAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with my clients i enjoyed taking my client's out to the store helping my client's cook passing medication's to the client's
having group talks
Pros
we had to bring our own lunches
Cons
no breaks
Not recovery focused.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 22, 2017
Mediocre company. More concerned about appearance than anything. Staff morale sucks. Clients get little care and compassion. Get experience here and keep it moving.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Little concern from management.
Excellent Job Training
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 8, 2017
RE provides the best training for their employees and promotes a healthy environment for growth and creativity. Team work is a must and continuous training is given to management to ensure a person centered place of work not only for the individuals served but for the employees.
Excellent Training
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 8, 2017
I was afforded the best training with this company. The team work environment in nurtured and freedom to be creative is pushed and encouraged with each employee
The staff get along well.
Utilization Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 30, 2017
Its been great working for the company and it will be great for someone that doesn't have financial responsibilities. I love my job and love my supervisors but the pay was disappointing.
Not a bad place to work overall.
Social Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 11, 2017
Been with company several years in case management. Had success with helping a few clients improve their mental health. Just like any job, you get out what you put in. Met some great co-workers and some not so great. Had many trainings. Management is very distant and not personable. Enjoy the people I help. It would be great to see this company offer more visibility in the community. Depression and suicide rates have increased but services are drying up.
Pros
Paid Time Off - Flexible work schedule
Cons
Salaries on low end of pay scale.
Excellent Culture
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 6, 2017
River Edge is a great place to work. The company truly cares for their employees and their clients. Management listens to the their employees and provides coaching and training on all levels. I love working for River Edge.
Pros
Excellent Culture, benefits, family work life balance
Instructor day center
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 3, 2017
Never enough help. Micromanaged. The day center managers create a hostile work evoriment. They are allowed to treat you like trash and HR take sides. The trainings are copied and the CEO and center coordinator is old and rude, she needs to re-retire. They show no regards for family life. Only numbers and how many 1:1 clients they can get to get more money from the state. Benchmark needs to pull all funding and a total overhaul needs to be done. The CEO only is there part-time, get a free car to drive, and if your not in the inner circle you can kiss you position goodbye. Stressful. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. All they want are warm bodies to fill positions. I wouldn't send my pet dog there for services. And the HE chief manager is rude,bypass and very disrespective. Run run as fast as you can, unless you want drama. What's a working lunch break?
Pros
no lunch breaks
Cons
use pto time for everthing
They need to make sure that the people they hire really care for the people they serve.
Health Serive Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 16, 2017
RiverEdge is a great place to work if the management team cared for the individuals they served. I loved working for the company the time that I was there.
Worst job I ever had
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 14, 2017
This company is poorly managed from the CEO down. It will never be better until she is removed. Every decision must be approved by her, which holds up productivity. It's a very cliquish environment and you won't advance if you're not a part of the group. 401(k) doesn't have a good match so don't expect your fund to grow much. I cried every morning before going to this job, I was so unhappy there.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Poor management