River Edge Behavioral Health Center Employee Reviews

Cliquish dynamics but great for training experiences
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 17, 2018
It was clear who was in and who was out and often those on the out were not really supported. Felt like upper levels of management were dismissive of input. It is a great teaching environment however and could provide a lot of experience for those who want to see what life is like in a crisis unit setting.
Pros
like to eat, training experience
Cons
cliques, not enough pay for experience
Love my staff and individuals
Day Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAOctober 11, 2018
I love working with my staff and also my individuals that I work with. I have enjoyed my work with the people that I serve for the last few years. Never a dull day at my job.
A productive and fun place to work
Psychiatric Nurse & Counselor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA 31206September 30, 2018
A typical day at work was preparing clients for evening events such as groups and medication administration. I learned about group and family counseling (mental health, substance abuse and developmental disabilities). The workplace culture was relaxed but also purpose driven. The hardest part of the job was deescalating certain situations and the most enjoyable was observing the clients during therapy/counseling sessions and seeing the sincerity in their desire to do better and change their lives.
I got free training that I can use in every day life
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 19, 2018
The workplace is a very relaxed place. You work at your pace with your ability. The staff is experienced with what they are doing they are very friendly and courteous to the people. Healthful information is found at River Edge.
Pros
free training
Cons
short lunch
Grossly underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 6, 2018
Never enough staff and Almost never have security with very high acuity pts. 95 percent employees are thru agency, no choice, and there is NO shift dif, wkend dif, holiday pay, or even decent pay compared to same type jobs in area. Staff always short, can't find people to work for the low pay. No pay raises. Period. On site management and main office management just says can't do anything about pay. For years. Might be two techs to whole unit with a lot of pts ready to hurt you. Just fill the beds. People just go up the road for better pay and safer work places. Sad. The few that care about behavioral health care get burned out and leave. Even a little financial incentive for nights, wkends, and holidays would help. NOT even time & half on holiday because they have contracts where you're agency and the employer and agency have some type of arrangement with straight, low rate pay at all times. Could be so much better. Building group homes everywhere, but no funding for staff in harm's way. CSU is old, roaches, mold, surprised it hasn't been shut down. People afraid to speak up and the ones that have just give up. CEO out of touch with reality of situation.
Pros
Some ok employees
Cons
Worst pay in area
Great Work Place
Substance Abuse/Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 15, 2018
Great work environment with a great team. Very compassionate work and serious. I enjoyed working with this population and providing therapy to this population.
Hire contractors instead of employees to cut costs
contractor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2018
River Edge is notorious in the area for under paying their employees, even managers! They consistently post for positions but hire them on as "contractors" in order to avoid having to pay unemployment, and benefits, etc. They expect professional level outcomes from non-professionals or professional level outcomes for minimum wage pay.
Employee for 3 years
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 10, 2018
I have been working a River Edge Behavioral Health for 3 years. The pay is not as competitive as it should be, however, the work is rewarding and there are many people that are helped.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation should be more competitive.
Great staff - low salary
Social Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 4, 2018
I loved the atmosphere and environment when I first started working here. The staff and management were very friendly. Benefits are good. It is a true 8-5 job. I loved my team and supervisor. I was cross-trained in several departments and always felt welcomed.

Cons: the pay - it's not market value, upper management does not communicate changes clearly and is focusing on pushing productivity when staff is already underpaid and overworked
Pros
staff/co-workers, atmosphere, benefits
Cons
lack of advancement, salary, upper management, high turnover
Great opportunity for experience
Current member (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 10, 2018
River Edge is a great organization to gain experience and training. The culture is very progressive and you can get free CEUs. I've learned so much about Behavioral Health, Recovery, and DD since I've been here! The training that is offered really makes me feel like a valued member of our team!
Pros
Free CEUs
Cons
The compensation could be more aligned with other agencies in the area
Productive and great place for mental health patients
RESIDENTIAL SITE MANAGER/SOCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 18, 2018
The mission of this company was great to assist the mental health individuals and to assist them with reclaiming a life after drug addiction and mental health disorders.
Pros
Great investment options
Cons
Not enough employee appreciation events.
Good place
Direct Client Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 23, 2018
I worked there for a year and a half and it was a good place to work at. you have people who really cares for the clients and the clients are as sweet as pie.
hardest part of the job
Developmental Disability Residential Nurse (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 25, 2018
Many of the client required special needs to get the care they need, sometimes is it not available without the many loops you have to go through to get the resources needed.
Pros
Great company, great staff
Cons
high staff turn over
River Edge is a Mental Health facility offering services for youth and adults with mental health illnesses and subtance abuse issues
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 14, 2018
There are no typical days at River Edge, each day is challenging and yet rewarding depending on the consumer being served.
Each consumer is treated as an individual based on their particular need. I have learned to have patience and to be compassionate.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to serve everyone that need assistance. The most rewarding part of the job is being able to serve the ones that we can.
Pros
Being able to provide services
Cons
No advancement
a learning experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 28, 2018
I would think that my experience with Riveredge taught me something about the individuals in which I enjoy working. I also learned time management and work ethics are somewhat uncommon in this field and need to be upheld.
Pros
free lunches, programs directed at indivdual needs
Cons
no healthcare, low salary
Long Term Care Facility
report any changes of resident to charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I think that this place is good for people that don't want to do anything else. But settle for the same things on a daily basis where they do a lot of labor work.
Productive fun place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at makepositive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Pros
pay
Cons
short staff
Overall ok place to work
House Parent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 24, 2017
I worked the second shift and weekend shift. I worked for 8 hrs most days but also worked a lot of overtime hours. The staffing wasn't great because it would be time to get off and no one has called to let you know that there's no one to come and release you, so you're stuck there for several more hours.
Terrible Company
Social Service Provider I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 4, 2017
One of the worst places I've ever worked. Management is terrible. No support. Some great people, but many are nasty, cut-throat, especially in management.
Pros
I got a pay check.
Cons
Horrible management and work environment.
Great Benefits and awesome manager
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 16, 2017
Dealing with people with mental health and behavioral health is a challenge. It's very stressful and when there's no teamwork it's hard to know who has your safety at hand and who doesn't.
benefits
Cons
no teamwork