River Oaks Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy and hectic place to work. Insufficient staff to accomplish duties.
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 6, 2018
UHS and River Oaks do not value their employees. It’s all about the bottom line, money. Poor management!
Despite the advancement opportunities people stay stagnate in their positions
Pros
Stock purchase
Cons
Busy schedules with short staff
Only worked prn there
PRN Social Services (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJanuary 20, 2018
I did not work there very often and only did prn for a while. It is fast paced. I had a great experience there during my internship while earning my masters degree
Fun
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 17, 2018
This job taught me a lot. I would recommend river oaks hospital as a job to anyone. The environment was a great place to work in. Would go back and work there in a heart beat
I enjoyed working on the weekend option program and being able to stay home with my daughter when she was born until she went to school
Part-time nurse orientation program (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 11, 2018
River Oaks used to be physician owned which was about half the time I was there. After it was sold, it became just another hospital and quality of care seemed to decrease. I was fortunate to be able to work just 2 days a week and be paid for full-time while my daughter was small. I also had time during the week to work part-time in the nursing orientation program.
Pros
Weekend option position with benefits and considered full-time. Paid 36 hours for working 24
Cons
No longer physician owned
Best Job Ever
Radiologic Technologist / PACS Super User (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 25, 2017
I love River Oaks. I would go back in a heartbeat if I return to Jackson, Ms. I love my bosses, my co-workers, the doctors, and the patient. I miss it!
Pros
Absolutely everything: pay, benefits, boss, co-worker, and doctors great
Cons
Absolutely no cons!
n/a
Psychiatric Technician, Universal Health Services (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 8, 2017
It is a good place to work. I would refer any person looking for a job to attend there to work. The pay could be better, but if you are looking to gain experience, then river oaks is the place to be.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Helping people in need
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 20, 2017
It was a pleasure to be at the aid of people needing the services our facility provided. My first experience was expediting Maintenance Technicians to correct problems within the facility and keeping logs on equipment and maintenance procedures. There were people of all shapes, sizes and cultures each having his/her uniqueness. The hardest part of the job was maintaining and updating the Operational Manuals required. The most enjoyable was seeing newborns, and working with a genuinely caring group.
Pros
Health Insurance and Vacation
Cons
When our crew could not solve problem.
I enjoyed working for River Oaks Hospital
Business Office Manager Assist (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJuly 14, 2017
My daily task at River Oaks Hospital would begin with Material Duties, Insurance Billing, Insurance Collections, Accounts Receivabe and payable. Managerial support functions.
ok
PATIENT SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time there had a chance to meet a lot of incredible people there the patients are the ones that grew on me my coworkers were great and will work there agin
Don't like it
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2017
Never received a job description. They do not pay well and brag about lowballing. The supervisors are not knowledgeable of their departments responsibilities.

Want to know more about River Oaks Hospital?

Ask a question
Make TPN
Deliver medications to floors
Deliver narcotics to floor
Clean IV Room
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
low wages
A very rewarding and satisfying job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with Doctors, nurses, patients as part of my job. i utilized medical terminology and learned alot about coding and charging patients as a Unit Secretary. I assisted with the admission and discharge process by updating patient information. Provided accurate transcription of orders and coordinated scheduling of procedures, tests, and appointments. Organized medical record charts, Greeted and interacted with patients, families, visitors, and guests. Responsible for completion of assignments, demonstrating reliability and dependability while utilizing cost-effective measures with a positive attitude.
Be safe and look elsewhere!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Ridge, LAMarch 12, 2017
This place is ran like a shelter. Dirty. Housekeeping and Maintenance are a joke. Many of the staff members are extremely lazy, claim to be former addicts, or suffering from some psych disorder of their own. The longer they work there, the worse their practice and ethics are. There is a fast turnover because the "good" nurses leave quickly, so you are stuck with the old garbage. Unorganized place. Staff/Management treat their favorite employees differently. Administration is cold and non-existent after your orientation. This is a good place to lose or constantly be threatened with any type of license that you may have. The favorites have no problem relating this to you daily. You are often left in dangerous staffing situations. Many nurses lose their license here. Never lost mine because I left due to inadequate staffing, poor administration, and rude coworkers. Be smart and stay away. Save your time, energy, and the heartache.
Pros
Free canned food. You can get benefits taken out of your check
Cons
Dangerous, inadequate staffing, low pay, lack of management

Comment – April 22, 2017

Favorite nurses get to pick their unit. Mostly everyone is unhappy with staffing. It is just ridiculous. You can not move from your assigned shift once you start, so you have to remain there with an unhappy or exhausted feeling. High staff turnover. Oldies stay, however they are the worst employees at the place. Get rid of the lazy, breastfed employees who have had their clique for years and you may "begin" to start to clean up your so called hospital. Amazing that this place is Joint Commission Accredited, because DHH would shut this place down if they saw behind the scenes.

HIM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MS 39232January 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at River Oaks. Most days were very busy, which is what I like. I worked with a great group of girls that knew their jobs and did them well. We all got alone great.
Pros
work schedule in my department was very flexible
Cons
pay could have been better
Be careful working here.
Psch Tech (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LANovember 29, 2016
While working for this so-call hospital, I noticed how the majority of the RN nursing stall chose who, what, when and where they wanted to work. The majority of the RN's didn't have much respect for the patients. For the most part, the nurses stayed in the office after giving report or medicines. The psych counselors where often left on their own, after being trained for a few days of orientation. Management pretty much didn't exist, because like I said the awful nurses were the ones running the show. This facility is more like a paid shelter, that really don't care about the patients needs. Ask yourself why is there a high turnover rate?
Pros
Being able to help the patients.
Cons
Nursing staff and Management is awful.
Do not apply
Psychiatric Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAOctober 31, 2016
It's not a good place to work. You are not paid what you are worth. It is not safe. They will over work you and expect much more than what the job requires.
Small hospital. Friendly staff
Crt (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 29, 2016
Been a good place to work for over 20 years . Overall , Has been a great learning experience from nicu to adult patients . Overall, a good atmosphere...
good
Sous Chef/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 24, 2016
preparing lunch for Dr.'s lounge and retail took up the first 3 hours,checking the storage units for neatness. I learned how to deal with coworker effectively.
Rn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 28, 2016
worked on med-surg floor at night

aide during the week but not weekends

overloaded at times

nurses on this floor would float to other positions in the hospital leaving us with only 3 or 4 nurses with 20-25 patients
Nice Workplace and alot of Opportunties to learn more
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 18, 2016
Working at the hospital was truly an amazing experience for me. Everyone there is so nice and talkative. Everyday your seeing a new face walk through the door. The place is so big every floor you go on you learn something new. You don't ever have to worry about being safe because security is watching the place 24/7 and also walking around. All over the hospital is an awesome place to work
Pros
discounts on breakfast and lunch, free stuff at least once a month, and free lunch for your birthday every year
Cons
they don't pay enough and the benefits suck