River Valley Foods Careers and Employment
River Valley is an established, family owned and operated grocery distribution company headquartered in Syracuse, NY. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to our customers and being flexible in designing programs to meet any needs our customers have. We strive to be the best at what we to and to develop lasting relationships with our customers and vendors. River Valley employs a dedicated staff of over 200 employees focused on providing the highest levels of service. River Valley carries over 8000 different SKU’s in the specialty, natural, ethnic, gluten free, snack and frozen categories.
You’re seeing all 9 jobs at River Valley Foods because we can’t find any available jobs at River Valley Foods close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 46 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
A typical day was slow-pace. What I learned was to stay busy and focus on goals.
Pretty back breaking so if you'd like to have the discs in your spine be plentiful by 35 steer clear. Benefit is you don't usually work full 8 hour days
A solid job with great hours. Management is willing to work with you and allow you to set your schedule as you go. However, sometimes the work is a tad bit repetitive.
One day of training? With a required picking rate to keep your job while you have other employees trying to succeed the same rate? There's no such thing as a team in this kind of work setting. If you pick slower than the guy in front of you then they get paid more, so why would you let anyone by? Day one you're bombarded with talk of how noone lasts and the jobs tough to handle. Good training techniques hahaha
Overall good company to work for .. pay compensation could be slightly better. Work / home balance can be a challenge at times do to lack of route coverage for time off but overall a fair company that cares about its employees.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 10 questions about working at River Valley Foods. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from River Valley Foods employees.
Insights from 7 Indeed users who have interviewed with River Valley Foods within the last 5 years.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- River Valley Foods