RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Poor
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 14, 2018
Working at the Riverside Community College District's HR department was quite stressful. Lot of office politics and co-workers not backing you up when needed. I would not recommend the HR department to anyone. Also, there is no upward mobility in this department. However,, do try other departments just not HR.
Fun and Productive
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 1, 2017
Worked with special need child and helping them get throw college by writing there notes so that they could focus on the teacher. I also got to work with teacher to help the student one on one
Great environment Great people Management needs help
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 11, 2017
Great coworkers, good service, good benefits but Management seems too disorganized for that big of an organization. The outdated systems create stress and chaos at times. HR is not dependable and consistent.
Great benefits, bad leadership
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside County, CASeptember 24, 2017
Riverside Community College District offers amazing benefits and pay. However, its unstable leadership and lack of logistical planning makes it a difficult place to work.
RCC some good and some bad
Executive Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 25, 2017
RCC used to be a good place to work 10 years ago. Now management expects miracles and works employees to the bone without a word of thanks. A lot of turn-over in top management. Pride and camaraderie are a thing of the past, now all it's all about getting those students in and out as fast as possible.
Very Team orrrianted
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 12, 2017
Very hands-on with students and public. Verbal communication was required. Lots of clerical work. Worked in a very friendly atmosphere were teamwork and accountability was essential.
Fun career
Associate Professor Engineering (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAJune 1, 2017
Great place to work. I had a lot of fun teaching. We had a gym on campus. Didn't like to pay for parking. I had my summers off and over month off during winter.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
We had to pay for parking.
Great Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 10, 2017
Great Team Work Environment
Trust in it's workers as well as being supportive when learning new things at work.
Benefits are the best available.
Diverse crowd to work with.
Egos are put aside.
Everyone is friendly.
Pros
Set hours, salary pay, vacation
Cons
short in staff in finance department. Payroll always backed up.
Productive and rewarding career
Electronics Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 28, 2016
A fulfilling job experience. There is ample opportunity to make a impact on the lives of your students and your community.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
To few available teaching assignments
good atmosphere
Community Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAMay 21, 2013
Norco College is a great place to work at.
Administrators are friendly and encourage personal and professional growth.
Pros
pay
Cons
part time employment
Great benefits and pay
Risk Management Technician - Admin. Asst. III (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaliforniaApril 29, 2013
Working at RCCD was challenging but great. I learned many new things and made wonderful professional and personal relationships.

The hardest part of the job was working alone in an office away form the rest of my co-workers. I was invisible to the greater part of the organization.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Departments are fragmented
Fun learning environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 13, 2012
I enjoyed my time at RCCD; I learned a lot of new things and how to communicate with people with communicative disabilities. The office was full of fun, laid back people with a great team ethic.
Custodian
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 3, 2012
Going to my work station reviewing what needed to be done, I have learned how to strip & wax floors, what chemicals to use on the carpert and different areas. I had a very good repor with my Supervisor we workked hand a hand to get the job complete and done, I was also on the hiring commitee looking over various application. There was not to many hard day I made my job very easy for me. Just being a able to complete my station and see all the complements an praise I recieved from different departments.
Pros
benefits, pay, vacations, holidays
Cons
short breaks