Riverside Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Cooking
Server (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 30, 2019
This job is ok to work at its just the customers make it hard and my coworkers that I work with doesn’t like to work together so I try to do my work and leave I just wanna start a new life in Richmond
Poor Organizational Culture
Residency Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 18, 2019
They try to take care of the employees but the culture is poor so it does not translate well. Poor morale mostly due to high turnover. There is a culture of do more with less.
Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 1, 2019
Working in the ER was a great experience, I learned a lot, I worked in Trauma and was the charge nurse on nights in one of the biggest ER's in Riverside county
Pros
Staff
Cons
ER management
Great people to work with and it was a good place to work.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2019
I enjoyed working at Riverside Community Hospital, because I had great coworkers and good Managers and Directors. I was able to get all of my requested vacation time from my boss and that was greatly appreciated. I liked how I received some overtime.

However, I did not like rotating shifts every week from day shift to evening shift to night shift. It was very taxing physically and emotionally to rotate shifts.

It was hard to sometimes work by yourself and have to be not just the MRI Technologist, but to answer phone calls, and answer the doorbell, and try to be at 3 places at once.
Super busy hospital, good salary.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  iversideFebruary 18, 2019
Typical day is always super busy.
I've learned to prioritize the most important versus the least for job to be done on time.
Workplace culture is multi diverse.
The hardest part is 40 minutes commute from my house and traffic.
Enjoyable part is good salary and ok benefits.
Pros
Good salary, ok benefits
Cons
40 minutes commute to work and traffic
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 18, 2019
I worked at RCH for 12 years. I really enjoyed my time there. I had great coworkers and bosses. I worked very closely with the medical staff and they were great. .
Great Pay and Benefits
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 17, 2019
First hospital I worked at as a nurse. Provided excellent training through their StaRN program but precetorship wasn't long enough. Meditech is the only charting system I've used but admittedly its quite archaic. Union affiliated, great pay, and great benefits. Often understaffed. Charge nurses shared between two different units, resource nurses have patients, limited lunch relief nurses. Staffing is my only complaint about this hospital. Otherwise, great teamwork and collaboration.
Pros
Pay, benefits, union affiliated
Cons
Staffing
Its ok
Lead Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Riverside is a nice place to work at. I was a temp worker but I enjoyed working there. It offer good training programs. I enjoyed working with everyone there. I was sad when my position ended in layoff. From what I could remember.
Pros
pay
Cons
lot of work
fun environment to be around,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 23, 2019
i was a volunteer at riverside community hospital so my typical day at work was to answer calls at the information desk and direct the patients families to the rooms, or id be at the emergency department and take the patients to there rooms. what i enjoyed the most was having to help everyone.
Pros
free lunch, learning about the different departments, helping patients go from one room to another
Extremely busy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2019
I worked their as a registry and have always been an Epic user! If you only come here for
Money then don’t and also if you are a first time Meditech user you will have a trouble learning it!! Jumping from epic or cerner to meditech make u go crazy and that’s what happened to me! That slowed me down while I worked their and the night shift in a reg tele floor was crazy!! Some nurse were not gettin Their lunch break! Charge nurses were too busy to help out. Lots of codes were going on!! The units are always full and crazy busy! You have take a cart around to give meds ! The old building has one room and two patient and very conjusted! To give blood you have to walk all the way to the other side of the building which takes about 5-6 min! Just to get there! But the team work is great and help each other out!
Pros
Friendly staff ... good team work
Cons
Extremely busy, old system, old unit, conjusted place!
joyful and positive work place a delight to work for
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 27, 2018
i always looked forward to going in to work,i have nothing but positive feelings and thoughts about my lengthy career at RCH,
it was a great place to work.
Pros
Competitive pay, easy going staff, team players, positive out look.
Cons
busy place, but manageable.
Riverside Community Hospital
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 26, 2018
Managing multiple critical care patients along with learning strong team building skills. I loved being able to make the worst day in a persons life a little easier with my care.
Poor
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 11, 2018
Long hours , rough fitting in for African Americans, poor management, poor organization. Per diems do not get any weekends, not even if requested. Not family oriented.
health scholar
Health Scholar (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 5, 2018
I was a health scholar at Riverside community hospital. I was able to be a part of the healthcare team, by assisting nurses and physicians regarding patient care.
Cons
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 18, 2018
Pros
Free lunches
Nothing to review
Unit Secretary for Trauma Unit (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 17, 2018
There is nothing to rate. I had a bad experience working in the Trauma Department and I would never work that department again. It was a miserable experience.
Left for new position
RECEPTIONIST MEDICAL RECORD DEPT (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2018
Enjoyed working at hospital in medical record department. Assisted
in reception, pulling patient files, answered phones and dealt with release of patient information.
Great staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 5, 2018
Benefits and Pay is great. Nurse MD relationships are outstanding. Emergency Department is very busy and demanding, but you gain a ton of experience. Would Recommend.
HCA as a parent company
Nurse Director (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 2, 2018
Understanding that HCA has been a leader in the healthcare industry and is a data powerhouse. You have the ability to create a career path for anywhere in this nation.
Pros
Opportunities are in abundance
Cons
Like all organizations nursing shortages are real
Great team work
Gi Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 31, 2018
Good place to work workers flexed and hc d too much not getting 40 hours a week every week workers often working worried about keeping job people work very hard and often don’t get any thanks don’t want rewards just acknowledgement of doing good job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Riverside Community Hospital Reviews by Location