Riverside Community Hospital Employee Reviews for Surgical Technician

3.9Pay & Benefits
Productive workplace Patient first
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 27, 2018
Great Work environment Pleasure to work for a great company competitive wages The patient is always first. Great learning and teaching experience as the Surgical program progresses
Very healthy productive work enviornment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 1, 2018
Although I only did my clinical there for a short amount of time I felt comfortable learning how to do my profession. Not only way I encouraged I was also challenged
Pros
Good teachers
Cons
MY day as a Scrub Tech
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 11, 2015
Come in and do my first scrub and get perpared for the first surgery of the day. Everyday I learn something new, if its a new instrument or something different in the procedure. The people I work with love teaching and doing the job that they were trained to do. The hardest part of my day is not feeling as if I did the best job that I could have done, but knowing I did everything that was necessary to complete my job at the time. Then most enjoyable part is seeing the patient waking up at the end of heir surgery.
very great staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 30, 2015
worked in sterile processing, and in L&D departments. Friendly co-workers. Very fast paced and we were all team players.
Excellent place to learn while your a student.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 12, 2014
I was not an employee at Riverside Community Hospital, I was doing my externship program for school there. The staff at the hospital were very helpful and answered all my questions; which was very nice because being new in the field I had a lot!
High quality trauma hospital
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2014
During my time at Riverside Community Hospital I was afforded the opportunity to scrub many cases in different specialties such as; general, vascular, orthopedics, ENT, and GYN. I was responsible to checking my case carts and setting up the room using sterile techniques. I assisted the surgeons during the procedures by passing instruments, retracting, and maintaining sterility and identifying any contamination.
Great learning environment
Surgical Technologist - Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 15, 2014
Completed my student clinical rotation at this location. Was able to scrub in on a variety of cases, from general surgery, orthopedic, obstetric and gynecologic, reconstructive, and neurosurgery. Observed, learned, and performed sterile procedures, donning gown and gloves, proper patient care, and responsibilities as the surgical tech in the scrub role.