Riverside Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Just don't work here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Unhappy staff; unsafe patient conditions; dirty; not enough supplies to do jobs so you spend time hunting for things; not patient-focused, definitely monetarily focused
Pros
Wages/coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Hospitals policies and procedure need improvement.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Extremely busy environment. Learned that management didn't always support the real issues effecting flow and processing techniques. Learned that the voices of the people working there were misunderstood, misinterpreted and not validated. The hardest part was dedicating hours of my time and not having management sharing the same goals to correct the real issues impacting all employees. The most enjoyable time was working on the Outpatient side and having a great team of people who cared about making a difference.
Workplace culture
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 3, 2018
In my many years here I saw a lot of changes occur. The management changed abruptly several years before I left which then caused changes in the way the department was managed, and not for the good in my opinion
friendly
EVS Assistant/ Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92501February 3, 2018
Sometimes its a bit much. Face paced, energetic atmosphere, but too much favortisim. Overall, friendly staff, and coworkers but understaffed.Union affiliated.
Pros
employee discount.
Cons
pushy
Great Benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Great benefits and room for advancement. Great discounts for movies etc. Great staff. Always room for overtime in certain departments. Great place to work overall.
Pros
discount lunch
Lack of teamwork
Telemetry Unit - Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 4, 2018
There are a lot of clicks that make it hard for the new nurse to fit in. The night-shift had some staff that would only give support to their friends, and would leave the new nurse to flounder. If you can get past the amount of stress it causes, you might become part of that click.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The highly stressful work environment
Contract Work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 19, 2017
Transferred to all units of the hospital due to contract. Lot of support from the regular staff members and management. Very strong and friendly work environment. Facility offered strong continued education for all staff employees, in addition to providing weekly staff meetings.
Not a good place to work
Weekend Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 12, 2017
Very busy place on the weekends, lots of flexing for technologist working full time. Pay rate is way below scale for per diem. Not many perks except for a free turkey for Thanksgiving and a Christmas party. Working practices are unsafe and management does not care. Very money oriented.
Pros
Had weekend work which I needed
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Productive, fun place to work
Volunteer Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 6, 2017
I helped with all the patients that attended. I checked them in, gotten there file ready to be seen by doctor.
I:
a) fax all information that need to be faxed
b) filed
c) answer phone calls/arrange appointments
Pros
It was a nice place to work
Rch
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 6, 2017
The place is okay but the management is very Poor and it feels like they don't care about your interest and family.The other techs are great but over worked.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyed working NICU
Neonatal ICU (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 3, 2017
i enjoyed working the NICU in Riverside Community Hospital but management did not like my relationship with the OBGYN physicians as well with Neonatologists from the first week i worked there. why? I do not know but i think they felt threatned, whith my experience
Pros
enjoyed NICU work
Cons
Management has very marked favoritism
Riverside Community
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 26, 2017
Fast paced facility to obtain good healthcare. The staff members are caring and supportive. There is never a dull day. Your workweek will fly by interaction of different cultures and disease processes.
I was young and easily manipulated. The position paid well with excellent benefits.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 13, 2017
The overlap with the day crew was relaxed. Then the action started. It often felt like a football game trying to outperform the demands of acute and critical hospital care.

I learned a whole universe of equipment and triage of the needs of the various hospital departments. I learned a lot of medicine.

The most difficult part was handling all the stress. I was difficult to unwind after a workday.

Management put us between being understaffed and comprising patient care. The were deaf to our requests for an adjusted floor plan or additional staffing.

My coworkers were two faced gossipers. Some were excellent workers. Some were slackers who refused to be motivated.

The stress and uncooperative management were difficult.

I really love medicine. I loved being part of a team the delivered excellent care to patients in need.
Pros
The pay and benefits were excellent.
Cons
I didn't know how to protect myself from exploitation.
Loved this employer
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2017
This was the best place to work for. Working conditions and medical team were very pleasant. The benefits are excellent and they even have tuition reimbursement.
Fun work area
Volunteered (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2017
Volunteered at this hospital for over a year and overall it was a great experience. Taught me a lot about the healthcare industry and the ups and downs of the field.
Alot of favoritism
Room Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 16, 2017
There js people who have been their for longer than the new recruit, but when the new recruit is doing more work than the old folks its not fair. The old recruit are already confortable and dont want to keep up the pace of work so they take longer. They take advantage of the new and the managers favor them. Their is ALOT Of FaAvortism
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Favortism
Flexible environment
Nurse Extern and Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 16, 2017
I was able to complete my nursing extern program at this hospital as well as be employed as a nursing assistant through nursing school. I value the time the organization invested in me and enjoyed working here.
Very corporate
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2017
Larger facility that is easy to get overlooked in. Has a lot of staff with longevity. Enjoyed working there. Downside was it is a corporate atmosphere.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Large
Nurse Practitioner/ Registered Nurse First Assist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2017
Hospital is growing. First class training hospital with residency program. The hospital is adding 200 beds and will have new rotation for medical students and residents. Leadership is invested in employees.
Stepping stone in healthcare
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2017
As a Clinical Care Extender (CCE) volunteer, I was able to participate in patient care activities such as taking vital signs and learning how to hospital community system flowed. There was a good amount of departments to volunteer in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Riverside Community Hospital Reviews by Location