Riverside Health System

Riverside Health System Employee Reviews

United States300 reviews
Featured review
Riverside Health System selected this as a representative review
This is the best place I have ever worked at. There’s always a need for staff, and plenty of opportunity to grow as a person and an employee. I have learned so much from working here about myself and about the field of work I am in. I have always felt supported by my coworkers, and by my leaders. Riverside is a great place to work and a trust worthy network of caregivers.
Top heavy management system with people who should not have the position...poor leadership which is afraid to remove long standing employees who are not effective in their roles. Poor physician relations which lead to them running amuck. Management tolerates poor behaviors and attitudes, from physicians.
Benefits
Cons
Pressures for increase revenue and pt visit, less time for basic pt interactions.
This job in the beginning was great, but once the "newness' has worn off true colors shine. The management is pitiful and makes you feel less than a person. I had my bracelet stolen from me there. Their sterile technique is sub par at best. I'm glad I left.

Was not paid even close to what a tech should be paid.
Pros
Cons
Verbal abusive management
Management is poor and completely out of touch with workers. The pay is the best in the area but not fair considering the work you are expected to do. Always more demands by management but no initiative on their part to help workers be successful. It is a stressful job lacking support or understanding from higher ups.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workplace environment and management
I loved working there before but now I'm going back to a different facility. I missed working with riverside so much. It is a great company to work for and they will work with you as well if you have any issues. I loves the aides I worked with. They always helped
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Honestly the job is not bad at all. But due to poor management everyone hates their job. She is the type of manager that causes a tension headache when you see her. She is the kind of manager who will walk in the door and not speak. You can do everything single thing she has asked you to do the way she would like it done and then she will make up a problem.
Great team that is understanding and family oriented. Great place to work for diversity. Flexibility on demands with amazing work life balance on benefits.
Pros
Great learning medical
Cons
Locality of trainings
Word of warning: my positioin was as an intern. I was there to learn and I did. This is a disclaimer that all of my views of management and my wor were based around me learning rather than working.

I enjoyed my time at Riverside. It was a standard 9-5 job with a more formal dress code. Management is supportive and more than willing to help you figure out the best way to solve a problem.

Everyone was easy going and the workplace atmosphere was quite enjoyable. If I were offered a chance to work there again I most likely would.
Glad to be apart of the story! I hope to study to become a nurse and then continue working with Riverside. I love the residents, they welcomed me into their homes and perpetually encouraged me.
Riverside invests in its own people in so many ways - education assistance, PTO rewards, etc. It's not only the extra little benefits they offer but the way management treats us that really makes us feel valued. I will be here for quite a while!
I really enjoyed my time here and we had an amazing team. Unfortunately I had to relocate and most of the team we had in place are no longer together there so I can't comment on what it is like currently.
Riverside is a awesome place to work. Teamwork is a priority with riverside. They are willing to give people a chance and opportunities for advancement.
The Administration Staff and Nurses are very rude, disrespectful. To much drama for all adults and NO TEAMWORK and very unpaid for the workload, always short staff, high rate turnover
Pros
Love the Residents
Cons
Low pay
Very nice company to work for. Very family oriented. Goes beyond and more to make sure you're taken care of. Always following up after you have had an appointment.
I worked there for a total of 23 years and have seen many changes . The operation has declined due to toxic environment with administrator. I feel the residents get left behind by admin. Trying to cover there own butt. No admin support. Work so many hour because you have no choice and burn out is inevitable.no help avail.
Not enough staff always short work loads hard and heavy they only care about numbers not the residents here too short not enough help not enough staff not enough staff they take strays off the streets
They are willing to listen and make some changes. Will work you more than you may want and complain if you are out sick. Overall good company but stingy with pay.
Pros
Ability to advance
Cons
Work/life balance not great
Good fair u can have a good advancement ther I enjoy my position I long something different everyday they have plenty of opportunities for u to advance yourself
The hardest part of working with this company is that it is so large that a lot of times, they forget the employees. I always looked forward to going to work and thoroughly loved my job. I seem to have a calling for working in a call center atmosphere.
CNA work is tedious and physically demanding. Riverside does not compensate nearly enough for the amount of energy that is needed to work in the field.
Riverside is a great company to work for overall.
I made a choice to help a patient at a hospital while I was off duty and it resulted in my termination. Which I feel was unfair.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight