Riverside Health System Employee Reviews

In home service provider doesn’t have benefits just started paid vacation within the last year
IHSS Provider (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 14, 2018
Stepping stone until a better job, although environment is what you make it and the client you take care of. Overall decent job easy and you meet new people with different life experiences.
Pros
Not a 9-5 job, meeting new people, union
Cons
Low pay
Overworked and unappreciated
CTRS (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 10, 2018
They talk up a great work environment but the directors and administration “eat their young.” They want to hire a specific certification or degree but do not understand what the profession is or trained to do. When we advocate for our profession we are made to feel like we are doing something wrong. Negativity comes from the top and trickles down. Administration at the hospital I worked at hired family members and when I had to counsel or write up family due to safety concerns I was told I couldn’t and my professional and personal life was attacked. Very unprofessional and toxic work environment. I had to document daily tasks I completed, staffing issues and complaints and go straight to HR in order to get anything done and for them to have a paper trail of everything. High turnover, awful pay, no staff support and unrealistic expectations but new grads have to get experience somehow. Sadly, I would leave crying and exhausted every day and have warned professors, advisors and future students to never work or intern there.
Pros
The patients are great
Cons
Awful pay, no employee support, high turnover, unprofessional staff, unrealistic expectations
Quick Paced
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 21, 2018
During my tenure at Riverside my department had a total of 4 managers and the senior leadership changed frequently. I worked in patient accounts and mostly spent time on the phone with lot of patients applying for charity on accounts in collections status. The turnover is really high and there's not a lot room for career advancement.
Pros
Good Healthcare Insurance
Cons
No career advancement
Just another hospital
ALS Medic (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 11, 2018
Like most hospitals there is a hierarchy. Doctors, nurses, techs. Techs do all the work nurses do not want to do or are bad at doing. You are never appreciated.
Fun place to work
Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 16, 2018
I enjoy working for Riverside but their low pay constantly leaves me contemplating leaving the company. There is plenty of opportunity for growth!!!!
Great company to grow with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, VAMay 16, 2018
Advancing your education is education is encouraged at Riverside. They are a great company to work for with great benefits. The work environment is very clean and friendly!
Benefits
Stress-free work environment.
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 1, 2018
This was a stress-free work environment with the option to get off early if all of your work was completed that day. The free vendor lunches was a plus.
I have no review.
Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 27, 2018
I have no review that I would like to include I haven't worked at this place in over 10 years and do not remember anything about my position or my previous coworkers.
Zero loyalty
Director (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 23, 2018
Employees are definitely NOT the greatest asset for Riverside. The leadership at the corporate level is out of touch with the true worth of the employees. Morale is at an all time low and the President of Riverside is not to be trusted.
Pros
Immediate manager very good
Cons
Immediate manager not supported by leadership
run
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saluda, VAApril 22, 2018
This was a wonderful place to work for at one time but it has gone down due to poor management. You are constantly having your job threatened. You are required to still come in when your sick.
Great Organization for the Region
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 17, 2018
Large Health Care System in the region. Seen as number one employer. I gained invaluable experience working with the executive director for the PACE program to establish the new site in Hampton, VA.
Pros
Start-up challenges
Cons
Loved my role
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA 23185April 15, 2018
Riverside is an excellent place to work. They are efficient in both providing healthcare and job clarity and security. They provide raises in a timely manner and are very easy to work for. I would highly recommend Riverside as a provider and Healthcare facility!
Great co-workers, but upper management doesn't care about their employees.
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside Walter Reed in GloucesterApril 9, 2018
I’ve watched some of the best people have their jobs “eliminated” while the upper management either doesn’t know or care about how that impacts the people left behind. Happens every year - yet there is money for conferences and leader payouts. The last round of “cuts “ made little sense. After 30 years of exemplary performance, I somehow managed to receive 3 warnings in the last 6 months that I was employed. Three strikes and you're out. Seems suspicious to me. All I can say is watch your back. If they want you out, they will find a way.
Pros
I worked with some great people, like family.
Cons
No loyalty or appreciation from management.
good job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 7, 2018
its good place to work you learn a lot of things like patients care hospital rules and it is very secure place to work in therefore, it is very helpful to find any healthcare job if you work in hospital
Awesome team, great advancement opportunities, family-like culture
Director, Organizational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAApril 2, 2018
Enjoyed the people and community, very progressive organization. (did not want to leave the organization, but had to relocate, as I could not sell house I moved from).
Medical Facility
Epic Go-Live Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMarch 20, 2018
I was involved with helping to implement a new medical system. It was a very detail oriented position and extremely confidential; my position was side-by-side comparison of medical records.
Direct manager great... CEO and VPs heartless
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VAMarch 14, 2018
I’ve watched some of the best people have their jobs “eliminated” while the upper management either doesn’t know or care about how that impacts the people left behind. Happens every year - yet there is money for conferences and leader payouts. Clichish at the highest level. The last round of “cuts “ made little sense. Clueless. I’ll be looking elsewhere because no matter how hard or long you work you are never valued or secure .
Pros
Nice buildings
Cons
Lousy leaders
Just ok
Grand Central/Prelude/RTE Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 12, 2018
You give years of service and i n the end, no empathy. The team I work with is GREAT, the management could use some help. There is nio:buffer" between staff and operations.
No Comment
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 14, 2018
The rules are unfair and unethical. No compassion for the everyday trials and tribulations. Management is ok except for one, who is disrespectful and unprofessional.
Constantly challenging
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Very little political BS. They hired you as a professional, and treated you as a professional. Very little second guessing. With only 13 techs supporting over 13000 employees spread across the state of Virginia, you were essentially on your own on a day to day basis. We were awarded status as 100 Most Wired workplace since 2002. We ARE the pros. Don't work here if you need your hand held, or you expect your supervisor to be a helicopter.
Pros
Ability to work to your fullest extent.
Cons
Training can be lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight