Riverside Health System Employee Reviews

productive place and easy to get along with
Surgical coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day of scheduling surgeries for several doctors and keeping up on the authorizations for surgeries. Faxing clearances to cardiology or other medical offices. Handling phone calls from patients and scheduling CT, mammograms, US.
Mission focuswd
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, VADecember 11, 2018
Mission focused Great people. Asset to community. Great team work. Great place to work and grow professionally. Culture is positive and caring for both patients and employees. I enjoyed and grew with my time at Riverside.
Administration is horrible!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  RBHCDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed most of my co-workers. It was like a big family. Even the Doctors are amazing. If you can fly under the radar, don't mind being talked down to, or like your opinions or concerns are valued this is a the right place for you. If you want to work someplace you are respected no matter your educational background or position by your Nursing administrator look elsewhere.

There seems to be no job security, Even for administrators.

There is absolutely no communication from Administrators. Policies are always changing verbally and not passed down to the people who need to know.
Pros
Co-workers/Family like atmosphere
Cons
Administrators/Management
Riverside Medical Scheduler
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 27, 2018
Job was stressful at first, but supervisors were very supportive. Atmosphere busy, co-workers supportive of each other. Plenty of opportunities for bonus pay.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere, supportive managers and coworkers
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement
fast pace enviroment
Senior Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working in a face paced environment, I never had time to get bored. I am very grateful that I was given the opportunity to work in a county hospital. I have acquired many skills, learned many lessons, and I plan on using these tools in the near future.
Wants to be that great place to work
Customer Service Rep- Patient Accounting (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 9, 2018
I have not worked for Riverside long it was not the company that was the issue. I chose to look else where because although I was misinformed I did not want to be at a call center
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Leadership
Productive and Stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 24, 2018
Your own opinion will guide you. Working with Riverside is a different background, your exposed to many different things. Some things are are more Great experiences some are not
Productive and fun place to volunteer at
Volunteer Work, Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 19, 2018
I volunteered at Riverside university health system for being a physical therapy assistant and it was a fun and productive clinic to volunteer at. I learned so much and they taught me many things that I can use in real life.
Lab harassment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 7, 2018
There are a few people on second shift in the laboratory who intentionally seek out their coworkers religious and political views and if they are different than their own they harass you about it. Its so bad that i feel unsafe around these people. There is no point in reporting these activities because the 2nd shift supervisor backs up the man who is doing this and often joins in on the bullying. Ive only been here for a short amount of time, and i plan on leaving because of this. The manager is wonderful.
Pros
Wonderful Manager
Cons
Harassment on 2nd shift
Leadership.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 6, 2018
My department leader and coworkers are fantastic! Teamwork is a priority and we have fun at work. Continuing education is the recent focus and it is truly making the team better.
No Management
Clinical Therapist 11 (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAAugust 30, 2018
I knew several of the employees at this clinic were committing insurance fraud and I reported it to both my supervisors. Nothing was done about it and it is continuing to go on in this clinic.
Official response from Riverside Health System
September 4, 2018

Good Morning!

It looks like you are located in California. This page is for Riverside Health System located in eastern Virginia. Please note that there is another healthcare entity known as "Riverside University Health System" in Morena Valley, California.

Great benefits, all else depends on your department
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2018
This is a very diverse organization, that comes with some great perks. Satisfaction with the job will depend on what kind of manager you have. Most people try to maintain the great mission of the company.
Awesome
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 28, 2018
RUHSBH provides hope for families and individuals. Employment is rewarding and managers are understanding and helpful. Assisting families and individuals is the primary focus.
A wonderful and fulfilling work environment.
Medical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 23, 2018
I enjoy coming to work at RHS and look forward to my job each day. I have exceptional management and co workers. It is truly a great place to work and I would highly recommend RHS to any and everyone.
Enjoyable place to work
Clerical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAAugust 21, 2018
Typical day at work was enjoyable, not stressful
Management was caring
Workplace culture was good
Nothing hard about job I held
Most enjoyable part of the job was being a member of Riverside Health System
If they want you out they will find a way
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Point, VAAugust 9, 2018
I was employed for almost 15 years and was terminated for something I didn't do. Two weeks prior I received an almost perfect review. I think management had someone in mind for my position and found a way to get rid of me. Plus my pay only increased by $5 in all that time but I was doing the duties of 3 people. They use employees until they no longer need them.
Terrible place to work
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 9, 2018
Don’t work here it’s awful!!! From management to coworkers it was the worst job I’ve ever had!!! I felt like I was under attack every day I went to work!!!
Pros
There are no pros to working here it’s completely awful
Cons
Stay away
Awards jobs to those who didn't earn it... Hiring of family and friends has hardships
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Newport News VAAugust 7, 2018
8 year employee. I used to love working for Riverside Health System... until recently when they requested I take a PAY CUT ...Twice...for another similar position I wanted to apply and transfer to. I couldn't figure out why they were telling me I would have to take a paycut for another CNA position when I clearly earned my pay for performance raises each year. I started off with a really low wage and new CNAs are starting with what took me 4 years to make. I finally had enough when I was told that 2 new out of school CNAs (that I trained) were offered 2 brand new positions that assist patients and customers that lack health insurance find the connections they need at local health clinics, labs. Etc.
I had never been so insulted in my life after I found out I, an 8 year employee, was overlooked yet I already had some training and other knowledge regarding such. Not only would I have been a great fit for that job, my personal hearing loss would be better accommodated by Riverside with a more one on one customer service experience position. I already work 3 times harder because of hearing loss and it's tough.
Once I actually voiced to someone why I was upset about not being offered or even told the New position was open, their response was "You might as well consider yourself as a disabled black women, because those pretty little girls are going to be awarded everything with ease and advance, and everything you do will most likely always go unnoticed."

No health benefits if you work less than an average of 30 hours a week. To lessen the cost of health insurance premiums
  more... they stopped providing insurance for part time staff and weeded out half that do not have the option or cannot pick up an extra 6 /8 hours to make that 30 hour average.

Other than that, you will have a chance to meet some amazing doctors, and nurses that will leave an imprint for life.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
People aren't held accountable. Positions given to those who didn't earn it. Not long enough lunch
For the most part, I loved this job!
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 5, 2018
I loved my job. I was at the call center in the Patient Accounting department. It was fast paced and stressful but I had to remember that our patients were calling because something was not right with their bill or they needed financial help. If a good, attentive attitude was given, most were most grateful for the help administered. For the most part, everyone in our department got along like a family. The hardest part of the job was the strict attendance policy, and company politics.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Office politics
Much is lacking
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 29, 2018
Riverside could be great. BUT most of the health system is stuck in the past before they were part of Riverside.

Assimilation of private practices into the system has not gone well which resulted in a very fragmented and divided company. A company divided against itself will not find success.

Riverside's mission is to care for their patients as they would for someone they love. They are a long way from treating the employees this way nevermind their patients.
Pros
Wages. Unstable management structure
Cons
Disorganized. Slow progress. Health system is not unified.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight