RIVERSIDE HEALTHCARE CENTER Employee Reviews

They do not care about staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  5100 West St Convington, GADecember 20, 2018
The job was to assist patients with self-care (washing, bathing, feeding, diapering, walking, lots of heavy lifting, light housework etc). I've worked on all 3 units and the easiest is the VIP unit which gets preferential treatment from staff and administration. The hardest was the dementia unit where people care less since residents are not in their right mind and can't complain. On a hard day you can have 17 total care patients to care for and get out of bed in about 3 hours. It is hard for many caregivers to do right by patients when you don't have enough staff.

The management in this place does does care whether or not the patients are taken care of until an influential family member complains. They provide little in the way of working equipment and enough resources to get the job done PROPERLY. They are CHRONICALLY SHORT-STAFFED with a ridiculously HIGH TURN-OVER because it is so stressful to work there, especially for little pay.

However, there are some great nurses who do the best they can and you can usually find CNAs willing to help each other. As long as you are competent at your job, no one really bothers you. The undeclared culture is that staff are unimportant and easily replaceable and it is shows up in their policies and attitude of administration. I made long-term friendships and I don't regret working here.

*I hear there is new management now so things might be better.
Pros
Bonding with patients who were often sweet and funny.
Cons
Administration treats CNAs badly
Average place of employment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, GA 30014November 22, 2018
Since I left, i have heard that the facility is under new management, and I hope that is is much better than it was 2 years ago. Loved the residents, but was not fond of the management AT ALL.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Bad management, no team work.
Cafe
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 11, 2018
Worked the grill in the cafeteria , learned to cook in a timely manner how to sharpen knives. Management was good if I had any issues i could tell them anything and they would get really mad. I loved working there all the people were really friendly and they seemed they actually cared. Hardest thing was didn't have a set schedule it always changed depending were they needed the help
Pros
Payroll deduction options, enough days off
Cons
not having a set schedule
Close knit environment and well being focused establishment
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 25, 2018
My time at Riverside Healthcare was brief but enjoyable. I learned many life skills and personal strengths working as a certified nurses assistant. The nurses and staff at Riverside Healthcare take care of every employee and make sure that they are happy.
Pros
friendly staff, reasonable breaks, reliable hours
More relaxed at night some coworkers are not friendly pay could be better
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2018
Management hard to get in touch with. Employees gossip too much. Aides & Nurses do nothing most of the shift. Employees talk about residents negatively. A lot of employees not friendly or helpful. Training is short. Communication is poor. Residents are appreciative. Management unorganized. One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Understaffed as well.
Pros
Freedom. Can cross work
Cons
Short training. Pay.
Dangerous Place
Med Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLDecember 26, 2018
Not enough nurses per shift so patient-nurse ratio is very high.
License at risk all the time due to the lack of resources for a nurse to do his/her job.
good for management, bad for CNA's
CNA (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 9, 2014
this facility care more about catering to corporate policy and covering themselves than actual resident care. on a daily basis in the total care unit there could be up to 16 people per person and there is not enough time in the day nor energy in a person to keep up with that demand and PROPERLY take care of the residents. call me disgruntled but the reason i was fired was for excessive write ups during my probation period, well it is somewhat difficult to do every little thing perfect when you have so much work already. if you're reading this and thinking of applying as a CNA, DON'T. during my short 4 months there i saw 5 of us walk out and 3 including myself get fired.
Pros
the CNA's have a mutual understanding and help each other out
Cons
bad management, overworked, no communication between shift changes
Unorganized, unprofessional
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2016
Short training, throw staff under the bus, always short staffed, etc. The residents/patients are a joy to work with. Some of the staff are bitter & unfriendly. The secretary or front desk personnel, or whatever she is is very unprofessional, she personally told me it's a choice whether or not she chooses to say good morning or not...very rude. Some of the nurses are not team players, they are only out for theirselves and the off-going nurse does not want to give a good report, only some of the nurses are like that.....
Pros
Patients & pay
Cons
Bitter/unfriendly staff, some of the equipment, poor management, benefits are poor
Fast paced nursing home
LMAII/CNA (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 28, 2017
I have worked for riverside health care center for 7 years. I enjoy working with the elderly folks and my coworkers are a divers group of people. I would recommend this place as a great place to start your healthcare career. They are very supportive if you are going to school to further your education
Pros
Accumulated PTO after 90 days, pay is decent, paid CNA training
Cons
Work short staffed, weekends a must
OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 23, 2017
Nice place to work very friendly people. Good benefits fast pace. Hours may vary and days of work. Very clean palce going through some remodeling and expading.
Productive and hard working place.
Certified nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 6, 2012
A typical day at work was just like any other day at any other job, hard work. There was nothing new to learn, but more work for less pay. Management was o.k. I guess. Co-workers were very nice and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when all of the patients are calling for you at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we as workers come together and take care of each and averyone of the patients and their needs.
I was ntern
Front desk medical assistant at womens health (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Worked here through my school. It was okay. I worked in the obgyn clinic and everyone was nice. I had an overall okay time. I was underage (17) so I couldnt get a job there
Like any other nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 27, 2017
The residents keep you uplifted. The staff can't get along like they should, too much gossip, nobody cares if you have an emergency, they threaten you with termination if you have a family emergency and can't come in, they also fire you through a text message.
good employee's, bad management
CNA (Former Employee) –  covington,GaJanuary 27, 2015
the management viewed me as nothing more than an expendable asset, keeping me on until they hired enough people to let my go. my first job after getting certified and it was not what i was expecting, nasty living conditions, barely any co-ordination between the management and different units and whenever we were graced with their presence it was at the most inconvenient times.
Pros
decent pay for evening and night shift
Cons
too many to list
Great experience.
Scanner/Indexer (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 30, 2017
Great experience. would recommend local people work here as it is a close knit community. large hospital, small groups. I enjoyed working there as a whole.
Very informative and provided a new outlook on a group of people.
Social Services/Activities Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 18, 2013
Required assistance to the resident in various situations, such as assisting with lunch, engaging in dialogue with residents and etc. Became accustomed to speaking with a diverse group of people. Co-workers were diligent but also caring to the residents, which gave a positive outlook on the profession. Helping individuals that needed the assistance was a self fulfilling experience.
Coworkers are more like family,
Restorative Aide/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Covington, gaSeptember 23, 2014
Assisting the elderly with their adls, and weights.
I learned how to properly apply roms.
My coworkers are more like family.
The hardest part of the job is when a resident deceases. Keeping up with the weights is difficult to believe it or not.
I enjoy working with the coworkers and the residents.
Residents and family members are familiar with me and we are more like family.
Pros
coworkers are like family
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2017
Many education opportunity's, Structure shared governance . Many nursing committees such as nursing in computers,
Grand rounds ( which is composed of education on area's of interest and CE)
Pros
strong community
It was a busy place on a tight schedule.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  1500 West Street Covington, GA 30016January 29, 2013
A typical day at work is busy. We had to make sure that we were on schedule, but the boss didn't stress us that much. The co-workers were alright. (at least some of them.) The hardest part was getting the the seniors to listen. But the best part was seeing a smile on their face when we were done.
Pros
knowing how to deal with the residents on a good and bad days
Cons
getting them to work withyou
Energetic environment
Certified nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  covington ga 30014August 7, 2015
a typical work day would consist of me waking residents assisting resident with personal care. I would feed resident if necessary and record vitals. the most enjoyable part of my assignments is activities,creating things to inspire dementia residents .