RIVERSIDE HEALTHCARE CENTER Employee Reviews

Close knit environment and well being focused establishment
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 25, 2018
My time at Riverside Healthcare was brief but enjoyable. I learned many life skills and personal strengths working as a certified nurses assistant. The nurses and staff at Riverside Healthcare take care of every employee and make sure that they are happy.
Pros
friendly staff, reasonable breaks, reliable hours
Cafe
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 11, 2018
Worked the grill in the cafeteria , learned to cook in a timely manner how to sharpen knives. Management was good if I had any issues i could tell them anything and they would get really mad. I loved working there all the people were really friendly and they seemed they actually cared. Hardest thing was didn't have a set schedule it always changed depending were they needed the help
Pros
Payroll deduction options, enough days off
Cons
not having a set schedule
More relaxed at night some coworkers are not friendly pay could be better
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2018
Management hard to get in touch with. Employees gossip too much. Aides & Nurses do nothing most of the shift. Employees talk about residents negatively. A lot of employees not friendly or helpful. Training is short. Communication is poor. Residents are appreciative. Management unorganized. One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Understaffed as well.
Pros
Freedom. Can cross work
Cons
Short training. Pay.
I was ntern
Front desk medical assistant at womens health (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Worked here through my school. It was okay. I worked in the obgyn clinic and everyone was nice. I had an overall okay time. I was underage (17) so I couldnt get a job there
Like any other nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 27, 2017
The residents keep you uplifted. The staff can't get along like they should, too much gossip, nobody cares if you have an emergency, they threaten you with termination if you have a family emergency and can't come in, they also fire you through a text message.
OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 23, 2017
Nice place to work very friendly people. Good benefits fast pace. Hours may vary and days of work. Very clean palce going through some remodeling and expading.
Great experience.
Scanner/Indexer (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 30, 2017
Great experience. would recommend local people work here as it is a close knit community. large hospital, small groups. I enjoyed working there as a whole.
Fast paced nursing home
LMAII/CNA (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 28, 2017
I have worked for riverside health care center for 7 years. I enjoy working with the elderly folks and my coworkers are a divers group of people. I would recommend this place as a great place to start your healthcare career. They are very supportive if you are going to school to further your education
Pros
Accumulated PTO after 90 days, pay is decent, paid CNA training
Cons
Work short staffed, weekends a must
RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2017
Many education opportunity's, Structure shared governance . Many nursing committees such as nursing in computers,
Grand rounds ( which is composed of education on area's of interest and CE)
Pros
strong community
Stressful. The employee were nice
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  2398 riverside dr. Danville va.December 30, 2016
Very stressful. People were quicking left and right. The office only had 4 people. 3 quick left me in charge. I had to do everyone job and mine too
Cons
Dealing with death
Unorganized, unprofessional
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2016
Short training, throw staff under the bus, always short staffed, etc. The residents/patients are a joy to work with. Some of the staff are bitter & unfriendly. The secretary or front desk personnel, or whatever she is is very unprofessional, she personally told me it's a choice whether or not she chooses to say good morning or not...very rude. Some of the nurses are not team players, they are only out for theirselves and the off-going nurse does not want to give a good report, only some of the nurses are like that.....
Pros
Patients & pay
Cons
Bitter/unfriendly staff, some of the equipment, poor management, benefits are poor
Fun Place to Work
MDS/CARE PLAN COORDINATOR, CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 10, 2015
I have worked for this company for 10 yrs. I have enjoyed working with staff and the residents have been a joy to work with.
Pros
flexible with work schedule when needed
Energetic environment
Certified nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  covington ga 30014August 7, 2015
a typical work day would consist of me waking residents assisting resident with personal care. I would feed resident if necessary and record vitals. the most enjoyable part of my assignments is activities,creating things to inspire dementia residents .
Float Nurse LPN
LPN float nurse (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 6, 2015
do not train enough. need employees who leave home life away from work. need equipment that functions correctly. Needs to update patient information
Pros
nice people
Cons
horrible training
Summary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington GAMarch 25, 2015
At this job I would do ADLs on 10-12 resident a day. These include feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, shaving, nail care and oral care. I would also do light housekeeping.
Pros
Good work family.
Cons
Could not work with school schedule.
Good place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Covington,GAFebruary 10, 2015
Helping with ADL's, giving out medications, taking vital signs, assisting with baths, feeding,transporting patients, staying in communication other nurses.
good employee's, bad management
CNA (Former Employee) –  covington,GaJanuary 27, 2015
the management viewed me as nothing more than an expendable asset, keeping me on until they hired enough people to let my go. my first job after getting certified and it was not what i was expecting, nasty living conditions, barely any co-ordination between the management and different units and whenever we were graced with their presence it was at the most inconvenient times.
Pros
decent pay for evening and night shift
Cons
too many to list
Coworkers are more like family,
Restorative Aide/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Covington, gaSeptember 23, 2014
Assisting the elderly with their adls, and weights.
I learned how to properly apply roms.
My coworkers are more like family.
The hardest part of the job is when a resident deceases. Keeping up with the weights is difficult to believe it or not.
I enjoy working with the coworkers and the residents.
Residents and family members are familiar with me and we are more like family.
Pros
coworkers are like family
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
good for management, bad for CNA's
CNA (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 9, 2014
this facility care more about catering to corporate policy and covering themselves than actual resident care. on a daily basis in the total care unit there could be up to 16 people per person and there is not enough time in the day nor energy in a person to keep up with that demand and PROPERLY take care of the residents. call me disgruntled but the reason i was fired was for excessive write ups during my probation period, well it is somewhat difficult to do every little thing perfect when you have so much work already. if you're reading this and thinking of applying as a CNA, DON'T. during my short 4 months there i saw 5 of us walk out and 3 including myself get fired.
Pros
the CNA's have a mutual understanding and help each other out
Cons
bad management, overworked, no communication between shift changes
Very informative and provided a new outlook on a group of people.
Social Services/Activities Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 18, 2013
Required assistance to the resident in various situations, such as assisting with lunch, engaging in dialogue with residents and etc. Became accustomed to speaking with a diverse group of people. Co-workers were diligent but also caring to the residents, which gave a positive outlook on the profession. Helping individuals that needed the assistance was a self fulfilling experience.