Riverside Hotel Employee Reviews

Satisfactory
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 19, 2018
Enjoyed customer service, learned hotel front desk LMS system, manager was excellent, struggled with supervising staff. Difficulty in lack of detailed training required for posting payments for rentals.
Pros
Edr
Cons
No regular schedule provided
good place
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 28, 2017
Good place I enjoy the employees and the work environment It was never a dull moment in this place the food was good the location of the hotel was perfect.
It’s a ok workplace
dish washer (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WADecember 23, 2017
It’s a great place for vacation and if u need a job
Need more positions. If I could I do this job again I would it is a great experience for work and you get more chances to move up positions and try new things.
Pros
Money and coworkers
Cons
Manager and management
Great Place
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleDecember 1, 2017
Great pleasure working here. Definitely a place for growth and career advancement. A typical work day includes a minimum 100 arrivals and departures. Most of the guest are regulars
I love working here
Front Desk & Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 7, 2017
I love working at the riverside hotel. I love seeing our regulars coming back and just basically the environment. I would recommend that hotel. There are days where it really gets stressful because lots of complains from guests but it really teaches you to be patient and understand the guests' frustration
Pros
so much friendly people
Cons
more communications
Gift Shop is independently run
GIFT SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2017
Gift Shop is independently run. Long hours but easy job. Pay was nice and so was the work environment. The hotel is conveniently located on Las Olas boulevard so you can walk around on your break. Parking is also free for employees.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  BoscastleOctober 1, 2017
Was a great environment to work all the staff was friendly and helpful if ever I needed to ask for help or a question someone would always assist me. The people who stayed in the hotel were all lovely people and some were very generous with tips
Great place to work .
Banquet Captain/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 9, 2017
Worked there for 10 plus years.
It was Great place for me to work and learn new skills, new friends.
So many great groups would come and lots of fun people you meet there . Work can be very easy if you use your brain. Lots of great people to work with.
Pros
95% of the time you will get free food Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
Cons
you can get more than enough breaks mostly, if work goes well.
Nice pay, but kind of a upsetting environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 28, 2017
My boss was not very understanding about time off and he punished people by docking hours when they made him mad. The customers weren't very great either.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Late nights, early mornings
Nothing to provide a good work environment for employees
Banquets (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of lifting heavy tables and such. The management was very unorganized and foul mouthed. The hardest part of the job was working with others who were just there for the pay and not to complete the job
Good Work environment
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2017
The Riverside Hotel is a very nice boutique hotel and a fun place to work. I have been responsible for overseeing all aspects of the guest function on the day of the event from ensuring proper signage is placed, the room is set according to the function sheet, proper set up of the tables and food stations, ensuring that the hosts needs are fulfilled and the closing side work, paperwork and money (if necessary) are completed and dropped off to the proper departments for processing.
Pros
A good work life balance is regards to scheduling.
Cons
Benefits are costly, they have stopped matching your retirement contributions, and not much room for upward movement within the company
Excellent
House Keeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 21, 2017
Staff was excellent to work with. Very high energy and always enjoyable. My supervisor would always assist when necessary and treated us well. A nice place to work
On Job Training
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJuly 20, 2017
They train 3 people for one position, so that means you sit home for 2 weeks without pay.
I really think they could have did something different with training.
Pros
Very nice guests from all over, decent wage
Cons
No schedule for 2 weeks...no paycheck.
customer service skills
Server (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 23, 2017
I learned a great deal of customer service at this company and i got to meet different types of people with different backgrounds and stories. It is a great place to start with but not a great place to be for a long period of time because of its benefits and treatment of employees.
Privately owned`
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Not managed well since it was a privately held company. Needed more structure, and it also needed more direction. They also needed to be more open to the needs of associates.
It was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2016
It was an okay place to work management was iffy and they hired people that sucked at their job and let them stay on even when they were more trouble than they were worth.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoOctober 13, 2016
Working in the front desk, restaurant, bar and server. that customer service is very important. My coworker worked as a team. The hards part of the job was cleaning up. and setting up.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No breaks
Productive and interesting experience
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVSeptember 18, 2016
Working at the Riverside helped me understand what my responsibilities are and what I have to build my weaknesses on. I was able to use my strengths when it came to customer experience and solving problems. I also learned that now that I am finished with my business degree, I want to be an owner of my own business.
Great work place
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 25, 2016
Its was a great experience. I learned alot and grew as a person.i gained leadership. Qualitys . And learn to give 100 % in everythingl i do .they gave me opportunity. To work several department.
Pros
Great places to learn
Cons
Having to move on
Getting the work doen and making eveyone surrounding me haapy
SERVING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me could range from a making customer satisfied with the customer service care I provided to them on that day and getting the work done at the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.