RIVERSIDE RESEARCH Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Waste of my time
Employee (Former Employee) –  DMVAugust 12, 2018
Nothing fun, glad I left for better working conditions and healthier environment that promotes growth and learning. I would not recommend unless your on a good team with good manager. If you want your skills to deteriorate and waste away. Bunch of old men/farts making decisions and making all the money and your left with the scraps.
Cons
Health, Mental/Physical, Psychological, work environment, management, structure
Great Scientists
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 5, 2018
Great place to work with smart people if you get a flexible boss, otherwise you may fall under the command of an ex-airforce bulldog who won't hesitate to work you hard.
Great Company working alongside experts in Research
Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAMarch 26, 2018
Riverside Research supports Research and Development for the sake of pure research, as well as in support of the Department of Defense. Because of this research focus, the corporate culture is one of openness, inclusion, innovation, and progress. It's truly an exciting place to work.
Pros
growing innovation research
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 25, 2018
Great work culture if you are in the right area (directorate). Work weeks are mostly 40 hours, but go up around crunch-time. This is expected in a research environment. Management genuinely cares. I enjoy the research that I am doing and the people I work with, including my boss. I just wish it wasn't in Dayton.
Pros
Free Snacks, generous time off, great healthcare
Cons
Nothing Riverside can fix
Great place to work, a work family atmosphere
Contract Manager Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Riverside Research...everyone worked hard and enjoyed the time we could network and enjoy team building. A truly great bunch of people to work with.
Pros
Free Luncheons sometimes, flexible hours
Company Has Lost It's Way
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 21, 2017
Used to be a great company to work at but Senior Management has taken it from an A company to a D company. Cannot believe anything corporate tells you.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Very few advancement opportunities due to most managers blocking.
High Stress, long hours, micromanagement
Dev (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 21, 2017
If work is all you want to do with your life and not have a life this is the perfect place. They expect you to work long hours and if you don't they will write you up. The manager is not on your side. Work priorities change weekly. If you like disorganized leaders and cowboy coders that rush code checkins.
Cons
High Stress, long hours, micromanagement
Good place to be
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAAugust 27, 2016
Typical software development company. Management is good. Co-workers are good. Hardest part of the job - management communication could be more effective.
Pros
a lot of free food
Cons
Sometimes people can be loud making it difficult to concentrate
Dedicated individual who will go the extra mile to get the job done.
MASINT Portal Webmaster (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 14, 2016
Any typical day at work would be to accomplish any assigned task meeting the customer's satisfaction and or mission need. I expect management to take care of the majority of office functions allowing me to perform the mission activities. I work well with co-workers or completely solo. The hardest part of any job is to perform without having a clear direction from management of what their expectations are. The most enjoyable part of any job is the satisfaction knowing you performed well and met the customers needs.
Pros
Honest, Hardworking, Dedicated
Cons
Non performers.
Worked with some of the smartest engineers and scientists in my career.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 31, 2016
Great place to work with lots of benefits until they got hit with what the rest of the 'for profit' industry has been hit with, budget cuts.
Pros
Lots of functions that feed the employee's.
Good company but in a bit of a rut.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 3, 2015
It is likely that with proper management decision making and effort things will rebound readily and more work will become available.

Excellent co-workers and atmosphere. Management needs to take a more active role in getting requirements from the customer to those responsible for delivering the work.
Almost Perfect
Intern (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 5, 2015
Before starting my internship I was aware that there was no guarantee of a permanent position. The job environment was very nice and relaxed. Management was very effective and encouraged further education in area of study. The only downside is that they will invest in interns but not really consider hiring them as a permanent employee however they are very large and very well respected and will look great on a resume.
Pros
Free drinks, Work Enviroment, Nice hours, Nice benefits
Cons
Do not expect to be hired after an internship
Very productive
FSO/CSSO/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 5, 2015
Great place, great co-workers, juggling three jobs and meeting all the requirements. Love the type of work. Always very busy. challenging job.
Benefits
Cons
lots of changes, as if you were in the military
Outstanding Company
Course Developer / Instructor (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 21, 2012
You show up to work, do your job to your best ability and the company takes care of you. I was told at the beginning of my 1 year contract that they would be able to find another position for me at the end of this one...unfortunately they were unable too.
Pros
benefits, work environment
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RIVERSIDE RESEARCH. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight