Riverside Unified School District Employee Reviews

education
Assist Teachers and Aides (Former Employee) –  riversteJuly 30, 2018
A district to work for especially if you know someone or have a family member that works there. It is better district than most but once you have issues it is impossible to have a happy work life.
Pros
holidays, vacations union
Cons
adminstration
Rusd
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 25, 2018
For teaching positions this district is as good as any. I liked working there but the pay is not up to the cost of living in CA. Benefits were ok and my administrators were always great.
Pros
time off
Cons
low pay
Riverside Unified School was a challenging and interesting place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 23, 2018
I am substitute teacher in this school district. It is fascinating to experience all the different schools and the different campuses that exist within Riverside Unified school District. The students across all grade levels have been respectful, friendly and yearning to learn. I enjoy working with the diverse cultures that exist within the school district. I have also enjoyed working with the administration that exist with each school. The are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. I have and continue to enjoy working as a substitute school teacher for the Riverside Unified School District.
Pros
Friendly, competent and supportive
Cons
Unruly students
Low Pay, Rewarding, Challenging,
Special Education Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 12, 2018
I worked for RUSD for 19 rears and love it 99% of the time. The 1% was working on the playground during supervision and was the hottest time of the day. I gained plenty of experience while working for RUSD. A typical day at work started with supervising early morning arrivals and discussing anything that interested them. Then to the playground for A.M recess. Making sure everyone got to their classes on time. Then class instruction started. Schedules varied according to the age, ability and special needs of the students. The average size of a group was 5, sometimes one on one instruction was necessary. Groups rarely exceeded 6. Small group instruction was the main goal. All educational areas were addressed. The staff worked closely with each other to achieve the best approach for individual goals. There were several enjoyable parts of the job. The proverbial light bulb when a student understands. Watching the kids grow up and leave 6th grade with confidence. Students returning just to say hello or thank me for preparing them for the future.
Pros
being part of a childs growth in education, Pto, holidays off
Cons
Underpaid and overworked, out of pocket expenses, not enough school couselors to address at risk students
Great Workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 30, 2018
The environment was very good. Everybody that I have worked with is very kind and have been. The teachers that I work with are very relaxed as long as all the kids do their work.
Pros
Long rest hour
Cons
Quick pace
great place to be.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 4, 2018
working at RUSD has been a great experience. The staff and Students are very friendly. All they From the HR offices down to the teachers and students.
Good job with great benefits
Student Assistance Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 3, 2018
Great work hours and low amount of required paperwork. Little support from management. Little recognition for work effort. Many opportunities for training.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
lack of support from management
Good low stress place to work, but not a lot of upward mobility for classified staff.
Library Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 3, 2018
Not a mentally demanding job. Great if you like autonomy and working with kids. Work can be repetitive (shelving books, reading the same story) Co-workers are very nice. Not a good fit for career advancement.
Enjoyed working with the people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 22, 2018
Good place to work. Enjoyed the interaction of the students, parents and staff. Happy to assist and make a difference and the lives of the students.
Wonderful school district.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 31, 2018
It is a wonderful district to work. They provide the newest technology and training for teachers and to students. It is an AVID school district, with training for teachers from kindergarten through high school.
Good School District to Work For
Fine Arts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 26, 2018
RUSD is a decent district to work for in regards to pay and district funds. There are quality schools and teachers. You have opportunity to advance and grow.
It is a nice place to work
Substitute Bilingual Translator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 23, 2018
This job has helped me with my confidence in reintegrating myself into the workforce. I had not worked in the past twenty years but now I feel that I can do good at any job that I challenge myself to do.
Great place for a fulltime student
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I would work almost everyday either before school for about 3 hours helping an AVID class usually with math homework problems. Other days i would work in the after school program running a class of about 40 students. Everything was great and working with the middle schoolers was always an adventure but my hours had been cut so it was time to look for another job.
Pros
Wonderful kids, workable schedules, nice management
Cons
Few hours
productive, collaborative workplace
Substitute Paraprofessional/ Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 8, 2018
I really liked RUSD. They were friendly and able to meet your needs as a substitute instructional aide special education. I really enjoyed getting to know the teachers, aides and the children. I
Pros
workable hours
Cons
no benefits
Rewarding and fun workplace
Library Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Working for Riverside Unified School District is a great experience. If you enjoy working with children any position among the district is enjoyable. It is also very nice to work school hours and have holidays/weekends off.
Pros
Health Benefits, Weekends and Holidays off
teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 5, 2018
works for some, but not for all. great time working with students, but faculty can be hard to work with. the ball is always in their court. get through the day and move on to the next assignment.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
poor people to work with and array of students.
Rewarding job and opportunity for advancement
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Assist special needs students with basic needs. Help children with school needs and assist teacher with classroom prep. Shadow student during daily routine. Help with bathroom needs and lunch pick up for special needs students.
Pros
During school hours. Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Don't offer full time positions
Productive and inspiring learning atmosphere
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 19, 2017
A typical day consisted of teaching 12th grade students. I learned to implement various student-centered learning methodologies. The culture and environment was very positive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was not working full-time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students who needed encouragement to continue the learning process after graduation.
Pros
Very Positive Learning Environment
Cons
Not enough hours
love the people and nice work place,also managers are very fair
Food Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 27, 2017
Typically we enter our work place and look at the menu,start pulling out all the pallets full of the components that or for that day.Also the pallet jack and pallets full of produce.then start setting up the line. see whos working what component for the day. whos running Ameripack that day;we all lean that it really takes a team to make this day successful.the team Im working with are really a a great group of people.
Pros
prose are %50 off meals
A fast paste job
Office Assistant Substitute (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 15, 2017
A temporary job where worked at unified school district, different school sites, elementary as well as junior high. It consist of phone calls to parents, copying, filing, and typing.
Pros
Enjoyed working at the schools
Cons
Traveled a lot to different school locations, unfamiliar with some of them.