Riverstone Communities Employee Reviews

I've never worked for a company like this before
Traveling maintainance (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 17, 2019
This is a maintenance tech nightmare, they rehab mobile homes at their least cost to flip, corparate wants us to just put a band aid on very iffy stuff as well as termite infestations and electrical fire hazards, I had to leave this company in order to sleep at night, most people who buy properties from this Riverstone Communities cant afford to buy a home elsewhere or cant afford to rent, most have children or are single mothers, this place really sucks, I really hated working here. They should be reported
Pros
Paid holidaya
Cons
Dishonest, and unprofessional
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLFebruary 28, 2019
I have worked with this company over 8 years , best team I have ever worked with. Upper management listen to your problem and help solve it. I started in 2004 as a sub contractor and have 8 years full time.
March 6, 2019

We appreciate and value your hard work throughout your years with us here at Riverstone Communities. This feedback always means a lot, so please continue to provide it - good or bad.

One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 19, 2019
Riverstone Communities has a very unique culture that truly makes it one of a kind. They genuinely live by their company mission and core values - they are not just words on a wall. It is a work hard, play hard environment. All team members genuinely care about the success of Riverstone and work hard to get there, but they have a ton of fun doing it!

There are many unique programs offered that make the company unique - a TON of PTO time, holidays you wouldn't normally expect, team events, a Make a Dream program that helps team members in time of need, leave donation program, great maternity and paternity leave benefits, mentorship programs - you name it!

It truly is a great place to be if you want to make a difference in people's lives, including your own and have fun doing it!
Pros
Ancillary benefits offered, culture, team
Cons
No 401K match, but it is on the radar to implement in the future
February 22, 2019

We enjoy learning about your positive experience with Riverstone Communities. We care about our team members and want to ensure we are doing things that they find are important to them, including providing a good work life balance. Please continue to provide us with feedback, via hr@rivstone.com, so we can continue to grow and ensure our team’s continued success. Thank you!

Terrible management.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 11, 2019
I've never worked anywhere that was so unorganized. Materials orders sat on a desk for a week before being submitted, even though we had 15-20 laborers in houses, waiting on the materials. Was sent a number of times to "pick up" items with a company card that was declined. I've also never had a manager talk down to me the way this person did, demanding trash in their office be emptied, their bathroom be cleaned. And i mean demanding, not asking. Brought a resident's LEGITIMATE complaint, according to the rules of the company/community, to the manager to be told, "You are wasting my time". Property's manager also liked using Comp. Time instead of paying overtime to their employees. (Look into comp. Time under FLSA) The maintenance team i worked with was awesome! Super knowledgeable and friendly individuals. They would do anything to help/teach one another. The assistant property manager is amazing. Super friendly, very patient with the residents, even the ones giving her a hard time.
Pros
Knowledgeable maintenance staff
February 13, 2019

Thank you for bringing your feedback to us. We apologize your experience as a team member at Riverstone Communities was less than positive. These are not things we like to hear and are working quickly to address these concerns. We do wish this was brought to us sooner, so we could have helped the situation earlier. We do have the See Something, Say Something program that encourages you to speak up and bring issues to higher management if you are not getting what is needed from your manager. Comp time is not something we promote or support. If you would like to provide us with additional details, please email hr@rivstone.com. We are happy to discuss this further with you.

Awesome Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 6, 2019
I have been working for 45 years and I have to say, hands down, this is the best company I've ever worked for. They respect their employees and their opinions. They have an open door policy to top management and are always willing to listen and they are willing to help employees financially, who may suffer a hardship due to unexpected issues. Sometimes they fix things that aren't broken, but that happens everywhere. Love this company.
Pros
They listen.
February 11, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We are glad your time here with us has been positive! Please continue to provide us with feedback as you have it.

Great place to work!!!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Recently started at Riverstone. I was afraid to make tge jump from my old job but I am glad i did.

This company will take care of you from top to bottom. Not only do the care about their tenants but they care about their employees!

I was shocked to see an employee survey in the company newsletter with everyone's opinions.
Pros
Bonus days off, good benefits, great work culture
Cons
No matching of 401k but they are working on it.
February 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review! We appreciate hearing about your experience with our company and are glad to learn that you enjoy working for Riverstone Communities. We care deeply about our Team Members and our residents. Please continue to provide us with feedback (via hr@rivstone.com) - good, bad or otherwise so we can continue to grow and ensure our team’s continued success.

Company does care about the community or the employees.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 2, 2019
This company does everything in it's power to make it impossible to get anything done.

Management consistently has it's maintenance technicians partake in illegal and un-permitted work.

Riverstone's stated mission and core values are contradictory to how they actually conduct business.

Management always blames the residents and never takes responsibility for their own short comings.

A maintenance technician will not earn enough money to make it out of the poverty bracket.
Pros
Access to equipment most people don't have at their residence
Cons
Everything else
February 6, 2019

We are sorry you had a poor experience while working for Riverstone Communities. We do take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss the “illegal and un-permitted work” you refer to in your review. Please reach out to hr@rivstone.com as soon as possible, so we can get further details. Please keep in mind that mobile homes are not under the same code as houses or buildings so you may have a misunderstanding here, however, we would need to have a discussion to better understand. We do not permit/condone illegal work to be done at Riverstone Communities.

Our See Something, Say Something program provides a way for our team members to speak up when they feel something is not right. This is available and promoted throughout the organization. They can either do this anonymously or they can provide their name, but it offers the opportunity for us to correct situations that are wrong. If someone does not speak up, we are not able to fix it. Unfortunately, although it is responsibility of the team member to report issues to their company, they fail to, making it challenging for company leadership to address concerns.

We also have a monthly meeting with our maintenance teams so they are able to talk directly to HR and other members of upper management about any issues, concerns, questions, etc. In addition to this, we conduct anonymous surveys throughout the year. Finally, we have a completely independent hotline team members can call to report concerns. As mentioned above, team members have a duty to report such items to the employer. We are very transparent and strive  more... to be a premier employer, which is why we have many outlets to speak up and contact anyone in the organization.

Each year we do a pay evaluation to ensure we are paying at market value for the job being done and this year was no exception. We want to make sure our team members are being paid a fair hourly wage for the time they work, in addition to the 11 paid holidays, paid time off, and other benefits we offer. This past year, each maintenance team member took part in a Maintenance Trade Show offering them additional training, a chance to network with peers, and for most a free trip to Florida. They learned how to better serve our residents and the communities we own - focusing to quality. We care about all of our team members and want to make sure we are doing our best to help them grow. We truly feel all of our team members are “Living the Mission” when it comes to the numerous food banks, clothing drives, resident events we do in our communities - the list continues to grow each year. Our Mission and Values are very important to us.

Poor Management
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR/PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 17, 2018
My experience was less than favorable,poor management.if you ask for help they in turn take it as not cooperating.i was ultimately and unexpectadly terminated right before the holidays,they say they adhere to the companies core values, they do not.I do not recommend applying to this company
Pros
awesome community i was overseeing
Cons
too many to list
January 3, 2019

Our team members own their success at Riverstone Communities. Whether it is through constructive feedback or continued learning, it is up to the team member to embrace what they learn and work to better themselves. You have weekly 1:1 meetings with your manager and annual performance reviews where expectations are discussed. In these meetings, you are also told what you are doing well. It is never our goal to surprise someone with a termination which is why feedback is constant. Here at Riverstone Communities, you always know where you stand. It is then up to you to improve where necessary and continue doing what you are doing well. This all encompasses Riverstone's Core Value of Be Direct.

My experience with Riverstone
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 20, 2018
My experience may not have been typical. I experience racism by some of the upper management. My team members were excellent.Sarah (VP) absolute best .
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Low budget for repairs. Unskilled laborers to save money on staff
November 25, 2018

We ensure our team members all stand behind our core values, including, Care and Do the Right Thing. Riverstone Communities is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a diverse workplace. We do not tolerate or condone any mistreatment of team members. We are glad you hear you had an excellent experience with your past team members and are sorry to hear your entire experience with us was not that way. We strive everyday to make Riverstone Communities a place that all team members enjoy working. We will continue to take feedback that we receive to ensure we do just that.

Extremely Poor Management
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 15, 2018
Have never and will never work for a company like this again. The accounting managers and Property management managers Micro Manage, miss tons of time and dump on the employees working for them. The company promotes and makes you attend outside activities on your own time and on your own dime! They expect you to attend to create team work, it creates division because the managers are all friends and treat the people below them terribly.
Pros
A Job
Cons
No benefits to speak of and a whole week vacation after a year
November 16, 2018

Riverstone Communities find team member recognition to be a very important component of creating a successful workplace. Although attendance to events in and out of work is expected, team member’s are never mandated. Although these events always take place during the normal workday, we understand that our team members have families and other obligations that come first. In addition, all events put on by Riverstone Communities for their team members, are paid for by the company. Our intent of these events is to take time away from the workday to bring the team together for some fun and laughter. These events do achieve this goal - we apologize if you did not feel this way.

Riverstone company had a friendly work environment. The company only had one extreme con, & that was lack of room for growth.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 1, 2018
A typical day with the company consisted of grounds keeping; Tasks varied with the day.
I gained knowledge in time management, organization, & remodeling.
Management was helpful, and considerate in most of their responsibilities.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No room for growth
November 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you were able to leave Riverstone Communities with some additional skills from when you started. We are working on providing a better and more efficient way for our team to grow their career at our company. We understand that is what is important to our team members, therefore we have focused our efforts to making this better.

Property Management
Former Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 17, 2018
If you work as Property Manager or Asst. Manager, expect to work 7 days a week. They have activities for the tenants after hours and staff are expected to stay late or get up on your day off to assist. They blame the manager's for everything. You will not have a life because of all the hours you have to work and they do not appreciate it. So, the salary after working all those hours is not really that great!
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list
October 30, 2018

At Riverstone Communities, you own your time management, efficiency and results. We do not require team members to work seven days a week, however, we expect the job to get done by every team member. Events held at the community are a bonus to our residents and help us live our mission. Sometimes they are on weekends or after hours, so more residents can attend. In that event, we allow days off, comp time and depending on the position overtime. Property Management, like any other customer service business requires people to be at work when their customers need them. This is something discussed during the interview process and when a team member starts with us because we want our team members to see value of the events as much as we do. We do appreciate all of our team members and their efforts as seen in the many team member focused programs we have; Make a Dream, conferences, extra PTO for meeting monthly goals, just to name a few. We apologize you had a poor experience with us and wish you the best in the future.

Riverstone
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasSeptember 6, 2018
I went to work for this company because of the core values, regardless of the bad reviews. There is always stress in property management. But they are continually advertising everyone’s position so how can you feel secure in your position? The micro management from the regional causes conflict and drama. You watch films to remove drama from the office, but people are not machines, if you follow your core values and are given the opportunity and the right time frame to shape a team that has had no direction for months from the regional until a manager was Put in place then the regional decides to mange over the manager it won’t come together. Trying to manage a team then the regional will interject and take your authority and respect away from you. Employees don’t know who to take direction from. I would not work for this company. The pay was good, the Benefits were ok. Until they let their managers manage and stop having so many meetings and one on ones. The demands are great and the meetings interfere with time needed to get the work accomplished. The mixro managing is backed by fear and intimidation. Or maybe it was just my regional. Also supervisors put in place that have no prior management experience and can not delegate or complete reports or paper work or even use a computer will cause you even more responsibility and a greater work load as you doing their job on top of yours and then when they fail it becomes your fault. They don’t allow for enough training time for amount of information you need to report. They promise training and then they don’t deliver.  more... The regional disinterested even have the training needed to help the manager and you were not allowed to ask questions.  less
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
High stress, unrealistic budget goals
September 14, 2018

We apologize that you had a poor experience with Riverstone Communities during your time with us. We do our best to provide a good work environment and do care for our employees. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to see how we can do better in the future. As far as job postings, this is not meant to make anyone feel on uneasy ground, it is so we have a pipeline for future growth and an emergency plan.

Strangest Company I've Ever Worked For
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 16, 2018
Managed like a military camp. Micro-managed to the hilt by constant emails, phone calls, video chats and site visits. Not allowed to think for yourself. Employees in this company will back-stab you in a heartbeat if they feel it will improve their status with their supervisors. Heavy workload with long hours with no assistance.They change their procedures often adding a new learning curve. Some supervisors disrespectful. No designated time for breaks or lunch, rarely any time to get a bite to eat. This company's only concern is their bottom line, not their tenants or their employees. I would definitely not recommend this company if you are looking for a comfortable working environment, work/life balance and a chance to grow.
Pros
PTO but difficult to get time off
Cons
Micro-managed, supervisors act like drill sargents, extremely long work hours, stressful working environment due to their demands
September 14, 2018

I am very sorry if you had a less than stellar experience working at Riverstone Communities. We do strive to make this a great workplace and use feedback to do so. We be sure to document every process so it is easy for people to follow. And yes, we have a lot of check ins to be sure our staff is supported as well as it provides many ways to reach out if a team member feels their needs are not being met. I can understand that it is difficult to have set lunch times in a customer service business, although we do allow time for the required lunch hours. Our staff has a lot of flexibility to move their lunch times as needed. You may not have had a chance to experience our Living the Mission programs that we have for the residents and team members which we are extremely proud of. We have food banks, tutoring, etc for the residents and an amazing program where we give back to a team member in need.

Accountants considered disposable.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 11, 2018
Management mentality is ridiculously high expectation.
CFO is a suckup.

CEO has read too many management books and not enough true life experience,
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
March 27, 2018

Riverstone Communities as a whole likes to use many resources to help us grow and become a better organization. That occasionally does involve management books because we are not perfect and using other peoples’ experiences helps us to see things differently. Our CEO and President have been in our industry business for 20 years and 13 years respectively and have helped to build the successful company that we have today. Change is very common to keep the organization moving forward, which also involves high expectations and we understand not everyone is able to adjust to that and perform to those expectations. Riverstone Communities is not the organization for everyone.

An exciting opportunity that opened many doors for myself
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, StuartMarch 9, 2018
This was an employer from 4 years ago. Since then I have aquired many liscenses that have advanced me further I'm this field. I am looking for other opportunities that better suit my interest
Pros
Travel
Cons
Allot of time away from my daughter
March 27, 2018

We always appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that we were able to provide you with an opportunity to improve and grow yourself. We try to keep travel as minimal as possible although sometimes it is necessary to meet the needs of the business and fulfill the needs of the position you held. Part of our travel, is opportunities for additional training to grow in the field. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors as you search for opportunities that better suit your interest.

Riverstone is a great company to work for!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 3, 2018
The benefits are incredible and the culture is awesome. You get all the support you need to succeed. If this is the kind of work you thrive in then you would love it (property management).
Pros
So many paid days off it was crazy.
Cons
Stressful situations dealing with some residents.
March 27, 2018

Thank you for writing us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with our company. We do our best to provide our team members with an opportunity for work/life balance and to enjoy the place that they come to work at each day. We are always open to any feedback, good or bad, so please continue to give it.

Not What I Expected
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIOctober 9, 2017
- Hours can be flexible
- Great educational and professional seminars
- Advancement is slow at entry level
- Culture is great, very nice people
- Training could be improved
- I was overqualified for my position
- Management was good overall - passive/aggressive at times
November 12, 2018

We are sorry to hear you had a less than excellent experience while working for Riverstone Communities. We do offer various training sessions and growth opportunities, although those will advance your career, they may not result in an actual change in title. We always choose to promote from within first, however, there needs to be a position available to do so. At Riverstone Communities, we try to provide a realistic job preview before you accept a position with us, but will always use this feedback to better ourselves and to ensure new team members understand their role before accepting. Lastly, we work with our leaders to ensure they are displaying our company values each and every day - one of those is "be direct". We will continue to focus our training efforts there.

Fair Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 6, 2017
Daily expectatiins can be a bit high. Nit all upper management follows policies, yet when things happen, you are lwft holding the blame. Work week is FAR above the Monday through Friday 9-5. Employee is support is also not what the sell you it is.

That being said, there are additiinal trfaining available. Mowt compaby trainers are amqzing.
Pros
Training, paid holidays far above norm, Pto.
Cons
Hours, some management, expectations, unrealistic budgets

Comment – September 27, 2017

Your feedback is valuable to our organization. We feel we give every team member the opportunity to grow and reach new potential. Part of doing this is taking on extra tasks when needed and being accountable for your actions.

We do admit that we have high expectations as any successful organization does. However, we are clear about those expectations at all times. We also allow team members resources to get assistance should they need it.

We are a process and policy driven company and any violators are handled accordingly, provided that leadership is made aware of an issue.

At times, it is necessary to put in more than a 40 hour work week, however, we do offer work/life flexibility when the need arises (as you mentioned with holidays and PTO time offered). Each team member manages their own properties and tasks, thus the time it takes to meet all job requirements. We do also provide training on time management should any team member need it.

Don't work there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 16, 2017
It is not a good place to work unless you wanna hate your life and work with the worse people/tenants. It can be very stressful, the pay is ok but can be better
Cons

Comment – July 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, our company mission is to enrich the lives of our team members and our residents. We strive to provide an environment where team members and residents feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. At times however, it is necessary to work through difficult circumstances that are more challenging than normal - however, we always approach those with our company values and mission in mind and work towards a positive resolution. Although every Team Member has accountability to their success here with our organization; we always strive to provide as much support as needed to ensure success at all levels.

After doing an evaluation of our compensation packages in comparison to other employers in our surrounding metro areas as well as our industry, we find that our compensation and benefits, while not above average, are fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverstone Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4