Riverstone Communities

Riverstone Communities Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
Management at this company sucks the turnaround is constant because they don't know how to train their employees also they like to throw people under the bus to cover their butts
March 25, 2020
People are the center of our business and we care about them, their growth and success. At Riverstone Communities, our training varies in length from two to three weeks based on your position. We walk you through day by day what you need to know for your role and provide you with the resources you need to do your job well. After that training period is done, we have follow up meetings to ensure you have all that you need to be successful. We ask you if you need any additional training in any areas and we pair you with a company mentor to help walk you through these items. It is up to the team member to bring their training needs to us, so we can assist with further education. If you don't bring them to our attention, we can't spend more time walking you through those areas you are struggling with. Riverstone Communities is a learning and growth focused company and we offer many different ways for you to learn. We offer training all throughout the year in various topics to ensure our team feels comfortable with what they are doing. We care about our team members greatly and want them to succeed in their roles. We are also focused on personal accountability. If you aren't getting what you need to be successful, you need to speak up and ask for it. At the end of the day, Riverstone Communities values every team member and is there for them should someone reach out for help.
If you like working 4 scrupulous people
Good luck with this company their history is always dictated they're on unlawful fair housing. corporate directors constantly being sued could care less about their customer's more worried about emails and evicting customers and harassing
December 10, 2019
We are surprised by this feedback, are you sure you have the correct company? Riverstone Communities' provides regular Fair Housing training to all team members in all positions. This helps us ensure we are following Fair Housing guidelines and treating our residents equally and with respect. Our company's mission is to enrich the lives of our team members and our residents. In doing so, we put together many resident events including food banks, libraries in each office, after school tutoring for the children and the list goes on because we don't limit the possibilities with our team members to serve our residents. Check out our photos section on Indeed to see how we contribute to the community regularly. This helps us with low resident turnover, so much so, we pride ourselves on how low it is each year when we look at our company metrics. We also don't have any lawsuits currently, so this statement would not be based on fact, nor have any directors had any legal complaints.
Highway To Destruction
To All My Hard Horking Americans of The USA, This One of the worst companies you can work For. Communications is worst Ive seen since I've been working. All they do is smoke cigarettes all day and sit in the office soaking up A/C. Most people that try and live here can't even AFFORD the rent and still let them live there. There's crimes committed all over the property and is somewhere I wouldn't consider safe. It makes perfect sense as to why they're always looking for help here. I wouldn't waste my Time applying here, save yourself the time, the energy and your sanity.
December 4, 2019
We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while working for Riverstone Communities. However, we would like to make sure you have the correct information. We do have an approval process for all residents who want to live in our communities. They must pass this process (which includes a financial check to ensure all residents can afford to live in our communities) before they move in to our community. We also stay up to date on what is happening in and around our communities and will continue to do so. Specifically, in the Ft. Pierce area, crime is down significantly from previous years. If you have a specific crime you would like to report to us that happened during your time with us please email propertycomments@rivstone.com, so we can look into this further. Riverstone Communities sends out a weekly email to all team members as well as hosts many meetings to pass along information. It is up to our team members to review these items and attends these meetings, so they know what is going on. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
Burnt out and disappointed!
I was so excited to start working for Riverstone and then reality set in.
The big picture: renovating homes just enough to get people moved in. Lack of communication and being told one thing and getting something else. The pay didn't match the exhaustion and anxiety. You want quality people living on your property? Give them quality!! You want quality people working for you? Give them quality and recognize their worth!
August 28, 2019
It is disappointing to see you didn’t have a good experience working for us. We strive to keep our team members happy and ensure workload is fair. It sounds like that was not the case for you. As always, we have our See Something, Say Something Program for someone to speak up when they are struggling. We also have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) we offer to all team members that can help them talk through their personal concerns, such as anxiety. We will continue to work on quality and make it an expectation of all of our team members. We are sorry we fell short there for you. If you have any other feedback to give, please feel free to reach out to hr@rivstone.com. Thank you!
Maintenance/ Remodeler
WoW, Breifly working here was an Eye Opener of how bad the work Environment & Management could be in your worst nightmare.
Immediate Superintendent was a cool ex-military guy that was Frazzled by the Manager to the point of giving up.

The company couldn't hire Carpenters so they Resorted to the Labor Pool of Loosers who Smoked Many things on the job and they made more money than the staff employee's

the job that
August 28, 2019
We are sorry you had a less than favorable experience while working for Riverstone Communities. We review pay annually to ensure we are competitive with similar positions at similar companies. We also pay based on experience and skill set. However, when our communities have extra work and deadlines to meet and/or if the team is not performing or can’t meet the deadlines, we will bring in additional help from temporary labor services. That is to ensure our team members don’t feel overwhelmed and can complete projects effectively. If you have more specific feedback to give, we are open to hearing it. Please email hr@rivstone.com. Thank you!
Riverstone is a Quality company
Since I joined this company I have been very happy to work for it. It is a very solid company. With all the training and our benefits we have good support.
August 23, 2019
Thank you so much for your kind words about Riverstone Communities. We are happy to hear you are happy and will continue to do what we can to make your work experience great. We value you taking the time out of your day to share your experience with us.
This is a professional Company
I feel proud to be part of this company, thank you for all the support to the Maintenence Technician with all the Safety training. also; for all other benefits the company give us.
August 23, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review. We enjoy having you as our team member and look forward to many more years. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.
Love this Company!
The most enjoyable part of my job is the company mission, which gives us the opportunity to work with our residents in a professional manner and at the same time built that connection residents/ management Office. Our company supports all Community Events. We have benefits like Health, dental, vision insurance, 401k, PTO and Wellness days.
August 23, 2019
Thank you so much for a 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a loyal team member and the time you have spent working for us. We’re here for you anytime, so please continue to provide us with any feedback you have.
Best company I've worked for
I've been working since I was 16. Riverstone is hands down the BEST company I've worked for. There is nothing you can't ask management. They take care of their employees, I feel, because the company takes the time to listen to everyone and take every suggestion under consideration. They treat their employees more like family members than employees.
September 5, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to write us a positive review. Riverstone is happy to hear you know you can ask questions and speak up when needed. We truly value that quality and want all of our team members to feel confident in doing so. We have enjoyed the time you have spent with us as our team member and look forward to many more years with you!
All people there lied. Terrible pace to work
Upper class in corp office lied and never listen to the property mgrs would never work there again. Most of the district mgrs lied about alot of stuff and never helped with things you didnt understand
July 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are disappointed to hear that your time with Riverstone Communities did not meet your expectations. Understanding and assisting with issues is so important to us and something that we do often, so seeing the comments about your time with us is disheartening. We will continue to work to address these issues more effectively in the future. However, we would like to understand the specifics of what you are referring to. Please email hr@rivstone.com, so we can discuss this further.
I've never worked for a company like this before
This is a maintenance tech nightmare, they rehab mobile homes at their least cost to flip, corparate wants us to just put a band aid on very iffy stuff as well as termite infestations and electrical fire hazards, I had to leave this company in order to sleep at night, most people who buy properties from this Riverstone Communities cant afford to buy a home elsewhere or cant afford to rent, most have children or are single mothers, this place really sucks, I really hated working here. They should be reported
Pros
Paid holidaya
Cons
Dishonest, and unprofessional
March 28, 2019
We are sorry you feel you had a bad experience with us. When we recognize a team member is unhappy in their current position, we work to find them a better role in hopes that will help. Some individuals are not meant to work for Riverstone Communities and that is OK. We care about quality and doing the right thing. This means providing housing to families and individuals that come from a variety of financial backgrounds.
Great company
I have worked with this company over 8 years , best team I have ever worked with. Upper management listen to your problem and help solve it. I started in 2004 as a sub contractor and have 8 years full time.
March 6, 2019
We appreciate and value your hard work throughout your years with us here at Riverstone Communities. This feedback always means a lot, so please continue to provide it - good or bad.
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Riverstone Communities has a very unique culture that truly makes it one of a kind. They genuinely live by their company mission and core values - they are not just words on a wall. It is a work hard, play hard environment. All team members genuinely care about the success of Riverstone and work hard to get there, but they have a ton of fun doing it!

There are many unique programs offered that make the company unique - a TON of PTO time, holidays you wouldn't normally expect, team events, a Make a Dream program that helps team members in time of need, leave donation program, great maternity and paternity leave benefits, mentorship programs - you name it!

It truly is a great place to be if you want to make a difference in people's lives, including your own and have fun doing it!
Pros
Ancillary benefits offered, culture, team
Cons
No 401K match, but it is on the radar to implement in the future
February 22, 2019
We enjoy learning about your positive experience with Riverstone Communities. We care about our team members and want to ensure we are doing things that they find are important to them, including providing a good work life balance. Please continue to provide us with feedback, via hr@rivstone.com, so we can continue to grow and ensure our team’s continued success. Thank you!
Terrible management.
I've never worked anywhere that was so unorganized. Materials orders sat on a desk for a week before being submitted, even though we had 15-20 laborers in houses, waiting on the materials. Was sent a number of times to "pick up" items with a company card that was declined. I've also never had a manager talk down to me the way this person did, demanding trash in their office be emptied, their bathroom be cleaned. And i mean demanding, not asking. Brought a resident's LEGITIMATE complaint, according to the rules of the company/community, to the manager to be told, "You are wasting my time". Property's manager also liked using Comp. Time instead of paying overtime to their employees. (Look into comp. Time under FLSA) The maintenance team i worked with was awesome! Super knowledgeable and friendly individuals. They would do anything to help/teach one another. The assistant property manager is amazing. Super friendly, very patient with the residents, even the ones giving her a hard time.
Pros
Knowledgeable maintenance staff
February 13, 2019
Thank you for bringing your feedback to us. We apologize your experience as a team member at Riverstone Communities was less than positive. These are not things we like to hear and are working quickly to address these concerns. We do wish this was brought to us sooner, so we could have helped the situation earlier. We do have the See Something, Say Something program that encourages you to speak up and bring issues to higher management if you are not getting what is needed from your manager. Comp time is not something we promote or support. If you would like to provide us with additional details, please email hr@rivstone.com. We are happy to discuss this further with you.
Not for the Weak
Fast Paced and sometimes greatly disorganized. Atmosphere for employees is good, supportive, and encouraged. Positions are typically stretched and hours are long. last minute planning and changes can make life tough but overall a dedicated and well balanced employee could thrive well within the company.
February 13, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We understand that things can come up unexpectedly and throw off the organization of the day. Although we try to prevent that, we are not perfect and continue to work on being better. We appreciate your feedback.
Awesome Company
I have been working for 45 years and I have to say, hands down, this is the best company I've ever worked for. They respect their employees and their opinions. They have an open door policy to top management and are always willing to listen and they are willing to help employees financially, who may suffer a hardship due to unexpected issues. Sometimes they fix things that aren't broken, but that happens everywhere. Love this company.
Pros
They listen.
February 11, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We are glad your time here with us has been positive! Please continue to provide us with feedback as you have it.
Great place to work!!!
Recently started at Riverstone. I was afraid to make tge jump from my old job but I am glad i did.

This company will take care of you from top to bottom. Not only do the care about their tenants but they care about their employees!

I was shocked to see an employee survey in the company newsletter with everyone's opinions.
Pros
Bonus days off, good benefits, great work culture
Cons
No matching of 401k but they are working on it.
February 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review! We appreciate hearing about your experience with our company and are glad to learn that you enjoy working for Riverstone Communities. We care deeply about our Team Members and our residents. Please continue to provide us with feedback (via hr@rivstone.com) - good, bad or otherwise so we can continue to grow and ensure our team’s continued success.
Company does care about the community or the employees.
This company does everything in it's power to make it impossible to get anything done.

Management consistently has it's maintenance technicians partake in illegal and un-permitted work.

Riverstone's stated mission and core values are contradictory to how they actually conduct business.

Management always blames the residents and never takes responsibility for their own short comings.

A maintenance technician will not earn enough money to make it out of the poverty bracket.
Pros
Access to equipment most people don't have at their residence
Cons
Everything else
February 6, 2019
We are sorry you had a poor experience while working for Riverstone Communities. We do take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss the “illegal and un-permitted work” you refer to in your review. Please reach out to hr@rivstone.com as soon as possible, so we can get further details. Please keep in mind that mobile homes are not under the same code as houses or buildings so you may have a misunderstanding here, however, we would need to have a discussion to better understand. We do not permit/condone illegal work to be done at Riverstone Communities.

Our See Something, Say Something program provides a way for our team members to speak up when they feel something is not right. This is available and promoted throughout the organization. They can either do this anonymously or they can provide their name, but it offers the opportunity for us to correct situations that are wrong. If someone does not speak up, we are not able to fix it. Unfortunately, although it is responsibility of the team member to report issues to their company, they fail to, making it challenging for company leadership to address concerns.

We also have a monthly meeting with our maintenance teams so they are able to talk directly to HR and other members of upper management about any issues, concerns, questions, etc. In addition to this, we conduct anonymous surveys throughout the year. Finally, we have a completely independent hotline team members can call to report concerns. As mentioned above, team members have a duty to report such items to the employer. We are very transparent and strive
 - more...
Poor Management
My experience was less than favorable,poor management.if you ask for help they in turn take it as not cooperating.i was ultimately and unexpectadly terminated right before the holidays,they say they adhere to the companies core values, they do not.I do not recommend applying to this company
Pros
awesome community i was overseeing
Cons
too many to list
January 3, 2019
Our team members own their success at Riverstone Communities. Whether it is through constructive feedback or continued learning, it is up to the team member to embrace what they learn and work to better themselves. You have weekly 1:1 meetings with your manager and annual performance reviews where expectations are discussed. In these meetings, you are also told what you are doing well. It is never our goal to surprise someone with a termination which is why feedback is constant. Here at Riverstone Communities, you always know where you stand. It is then up to you to improve where necessary and continue doing what you are doing well. This all encompasses Riverstone's Core Value of Be Direct.
My experience with Riverstone
My experience may not have been typical. I experience racism by some of the upper management. My team members were excellent.Sarah (VP) absolute best .
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Low budget for repairs. Unskilled laborers to save money on staff
November 25, 2018
We ensure our team members all stand behind our core values, including, Care and Do the Right Thing. Riverstone Communities is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a diverse workplace. We do not tolerate or condone any mistreatment of team members. We are glad you hear you had an excellent experience with your past team members and are sorry to hear your entire experience with us was not that way. We strive everyday to make Riverstone Communities a place that all team members enjoy working. We will continue to take feedback that we receive to ensure we do just that.
Extremely Poor Management
Have never and will never work for a company like this again. The accounting managers and Property management managers Micro Manage, miss tons of time and dump on the employees working for them. The company promotes and makes you attend outside activities on your own time and on your own dime! They expect you to attend to create team work, it creates division because the managers are all friends and treat the people below them terribly.
Pros
A Job
Cons
No benefits to speak of and a whole week vacation after a year
November 16, 2018
Riverstone Communities find team member recognition to be a very important component of creating a successful workplace. Although attendance to events in and out of work is expected, team member’s are never mandated. Although these events always take place during the normal workday, we understand that our team members have families and other obligations that come first. In addition, all events put on by Riverstone Communities for their team members, are paid for by the company. Our intent of these events is to take time away from the workday to bring the team together for some fun and laughter. These events do achieve this goal - we apologize if you did not feel this way.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverstone Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6