Riverstone Communities Employee Reviews

Property Management
Former Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 17, 2018
If you work as Property Manager or Asst. Manager, expect to work 7 days a week. They have activities for the tenants after hours and staff are expected to stay late or get up on your day off to assist. They blame the manager's for everything. You will not have a life because of all the hours you have to work and they do not appreciate it. So, the salary after working all those hours is not really that great!
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Riverstone
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasSeptember 6, 2018
I went to work for this company because of the core values, regardless of the bad reviews. There is always stress in property management. But they are continually advertising everyone’s position so how can you feel secure in your position? The micro management from the regional causes conflict and drama. You watch films to remove drama from the office, but people are not machines, if you follow your core values and are given the opportunity and the right time frame to shape a team that has had no direction for months from the regional until a manager was Put in place then the regional decides to mange over the manager it won’t come together. Trying to manage a team then the regional will interject and take your authority and respect away from you. Employees don’t know who to take direction from. I would not work for this company. The pay was good, the Benefits were ok. Until they let their managers manage and stop having so many meetings and one on ones. The demands are great and the meetings interfere with time needed to get the work accomplished. The mixro managing is backed by fear and intimidation. Or maybe it was just my regional. Also supervisors put in place that have no prior management experience and can not delegate or complete reports or paper work or even use a computer will cause you even more responsibility and a greater work load as you doing their job on top of yours and then when they fail it becomes your fault. They don’t allow for enough training time for amount of information you need to report. They promise training and then they don’t deliver.  more... The regional disinterested even have the training needed to help the manager and you were not allowed to ask questions.  less
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
High stress, unrealistic budget goals
September 14, 2018

We apologize that you had a poor experience with Riverstone Communities during your time with us. We do our best to provide a good work environment and do care for our employees. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to see how we can do better in the future. As far as job postings, this is not meant to make anyone feel on uneasy ground, it is so we have a pipeline for future growth and an emergency plan.

Strangest Company I've Ever Worked For
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 16, 2018
Managed like a military camp. Micro-managed to the hilt by constant emails, phone calls, video chats and site visits. Not allowed to think for yourself. Employees in this company will back-stab you in a heartbeat if they feel it will improve their status with their supervisors. Heavy workload with long hours with no assistance.They change their procedures often adding a new learning curve. Some supervisors disrespectful. No designated time for breaks or lunch, rarely any time to get a bite to eat. This company's only concern is their bottom line, not their tenants or their employees. I would definitely not recommend this company if you are looking for a comfortable working environment, work/life balance and a chance to grow.
Pros
PTO but difficult to get time off
Cons
Micro-managed, supervisors act like drill sargents, extremely long work hours, stressful working environment due to their demands
September 14, 2018

I am very sorry if you had a less than stellar experience working at Riverstone Communities. We do strive to make this a great workplace and use feedback to do so. We be sure to document every process so it is easy for people to follow. And yes, we have a lot of check ins to be sure our staff is supported as well as it provides many ways to reach out if a team member feels their needs are not being met. I can understand that it is difficult to have set lunch times in a customer service business, although we do allow time for the required lunch hours. Our staff has a lot of flexibility to move their lunch times as needed. You may not have had a chance to experience our Living the Mission programs that we have for the residents and team members which we are extremely proud of. We have food banks, tutoring, etc for the residents and an amazing program where we give back to a team member in need.

Accountants considered disposable.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 11, 2018
Management mentality is ridiculously high expectation.
CFO is a suckup.

CEO has read too many management books and not enough true life experience,
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
March 27, 2018

Riverstone Communities as a whole likes to use many resources to help us grow and become a better organization. That occasionally does involve management books because we are not perfect and using other peoples’ experiences helps us to see things differently. Our CEO and President have been in our industry business for 20 years and 13 years respectively and have helped to build the successful company that we have today. Change is very common to keep the organization moving forward, which also involves high expectations and we understand not everyone is able to adjust to that and perform to those expectations. Riverstone Communities is not the organization for everyone.

An exciting opportunity that opened many doors for myself
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, StuartMarch 9, 2018
This was an employer from 4 years ago. Since then I have aquired many liscenses that have advanced me further I'm this field. I am looking for other opportunities that better suit my interest
Pros
Travel
Cons
Allot of time away from my daughter
March 27, 2018

We always appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that we were able to provide you with an opportunity to improve and grow yourself. We try to keep travel as minimal as possible although sometimes it is necessary to meet the needs of the business and fulfill the needs of the position you held. Part of our travel, is opportunities for additional training to grow in the field. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors as you search for opportunities that better suit your interest.

Riverstone is a great company to work for!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 3, 2018
The benefits are incredible and the culture is awesome. You get all the support you need to succeed. If this is the kind of work you thrive in then you would love it (property management).
Pros
So many paid days off it was crazy.
Cons
Stressful situations dealing with some residents.
March 27, 2018

Thank you for writing us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with our company. We do our best to provide our team members with an opportunity for work/life balance and to enjoy the place that they come to work at each day. We are always open to any feedback, good or bad, so please continue to give it.

Fair Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 6, 2017
Daily expectatiins can be a bit high. Nit all upper management follows policies, yet when things happen, you are lwft holding the blame. Work week is FAR above the Monday through Friday 9-5. Employee is support is also not what the sell you it is.

That being said, there are additiinal trfaining available. Mowt compaby trainers are amqzing.
Pros
Training, paid holidays far above norm, Pto.
Cons
Hours, some management, expectations, unrealistic budgets

Comment – September 27, 2017

Your feedback is valuable to our organization. We feel we give every team member the opportunity to grow and reach new potential. Part of doing this is taking on extra tasks when needed and being accountable for your actions.

We do admit that we have high expectations as any successful organization does. However, we are clear about those expectations at all times. We also allow team members resources to get assistance should they need it.

We are a process and policy driven company and any violators are handled accordingly, provided that leadership is made aware of an issue.

At times, it is necessary to put in more than a 40 hour work week, however, we do offer work/life flexibility when the need arises (as you mentioned with holidays and PTO time offered). Each team member manages their own properties and tasks, thus the time it takes to meet all job requirements. We do also provide training on time management should any team member need it.

Don't work there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 16, 2017
It is not a good place to work unless you wanna hate your life and work with the worse people/tenants. It can be very stressful, the pay is ok but can be better
Cons

Comment – July 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, our company mission is to enrich the lives of our team members and our residents. We strive to provide an environment where team members and residents feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. At times however, it is necessary to work through difficult circumstances that are more challenging than normal - however, we always approach those with our company values and mission in mind and work towards a positive resolution. Although every Team Member has accountability to their success here with our organization; we always strive to provide as much support as needed to ensure success at all levels.

After doing an evaluation of our compensation packages in comparison to other employers in our surrounding metro areas as well as our industry, we find that our compensation and benefits, while not above average, are fair.

its a job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLSeptember 21, 2016
It is a Job
Not to impressed
Trailer park is Junkie
Trailers are Ragged
Management so so
Held me over till something else came along
Employeess were cool
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Too many to list
Great Team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Unknown Gulch, IDAugust 29, 2016
This company has a great leadership team that wants to focus on its residents and employees. But despite their objective to do so I feel that there is a definite disconnect between upper level management and middle management.
Pros
A great group of people
Cons
Regional Managers could show their appreciations to their field employees.
Properties are horrible, management is even worse
PM (Former Employee) –  FLFebruary 18, 2015
Upper management will feed property level employees to the wolves to save their own. Expectations are ridiculous especially given the condition of the homes. This company is no different than a "buy here pay here" used auto lot. These are not the nice mobile home communities you find all over Florida, these are wretched properties. The FL regional is as trashy as her tenants.
Felons, fleas, drugs, drunks, that's what you will be working with here.
Pros
Easy to rent because your clientele has no other choice.

Comment – March 15, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our organization. Although we would have to disagree with your feelings on our company - we appreciate and respect your opinion. We strive to live by our mission of enriching the lives of our residents and our team members. We have this mindset with all of our properties, tenants and team members. Certainly some properties are more difficult to manage than others - but we honestly do strive to live by our mission each and every day. We do have a website that gives a much better picture of who we are and what we stand for. I would encourage anyone to check it out for a full understanding of Riverstone Communities - www.rivstone.com. Best of luck to you in the future!

Needs better management
Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Answer phone inquires, post payments
Sold homes (fifty in one year)
Good co workers
Coordinated Parties for the Community
Code Enforcement Officer
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Code Enforcement was difficult because the residents get very upset
Continually striving to be the best
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIOctober 2, 2012
Alot of great people to work with.
Management very progressive, continually striving to be the best, great planning and execution of goals. Too many goals but they are definitely on track and always striving for improvement. Management appreciates and engages technology and the internet.
Pros
people
Cons
no benefits to speak of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverstone Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2