Riverway Business Services Employee Reviews

Great job, great pay, not so great benefits
Universal Webchat agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
I love this job! You get pretty good pay starting out as well as when you start to move up in the company. However, when it comes to health benefits, their insurance is not great. You get no dental, no vision, and as a woman, it doesn't cover consultations with the OBGYN.
Pros
2 15 min breaks, one hour lunch, great pay
Cons
Healthcare
If your contract ends, they no longer try to work for you
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown HoustonJuly 3, 2018
This is one of the worst recruiting companies. They con you into making you feel special and then as soon as your contract is up they no longer know you.

Additionally, they are scammers on not giving you unemployment by making you sign documentation and then when contract ends they give you no further direction or communication.
I would recommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed my experience here. Lots of competition and we were given all the tools and attention needed to succeed at the job. The only con is lack of advancement, which they make seem happens rather quickly during orientation.
Employee Opinoin
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The people are nice to work with, however it just wasn't a good fit for me. I was looking for somewhere that has more career advancement opportunities.
Horrible
Tier 1 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 8, 2017
Fired for being sick too much... Fired multiple people for having mesicail issues. Horrible horrible horrible people to work for! Seriously disgusted with them
Decent Job
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXMay 8, 2017
A decent place to work, but does have draw backs. The hardest thing is always making sure to be on point. Check and double check your work. Keep yourself positive at all times and enjoy the ride.
Catch 22
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Riverway is a fantastic company; however, there are a few cons. I love the management team, but the benefits that are important such as health insurance, they are terrible. Majority of the company's clients choose to keep employees as contractor, therefore, we don't receive the benefits of an actual employee and it seems they don't fight for us to become permanent. I also love that they are great communicator to the employee and clients.
Pros
communication and special rewards
Cons
too high expectations and terrible health care
worst place to work for
retención (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 31, 2016
This has been the worst experience to work for....first I was told I could not speak spanish in the call center being a bilingual agent. Second I got fired because I contacted upper management. ...NRG was a good company but have the worst agency working for them...Not recommended do not waste you time....
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst management, have no respect for their employees
Great place to apply! Really effective and nice recruiter
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  HousSeptember 20, 2016
Riverway Business Services is a great company. I really feel like my recruiter went above and beyond for me. She was really nice, friendly, and got to work fast whenever I had a question. I walked into the office one day after getting a call, and she had 3 potential job options. She walked me through them and fought for me. When I did receive a position, she was there to help guide me through anything, whether it was health insurance, paychecks, or questions in general. I loved the position I received. It was well paid and I had great bosses. I would definitely go with Riverway Business Services again.
Pros
Great recruiter, assistance with logistics, really feel like they are on your side
Cons
Temp work can be tough
It really has only one client - NRG/Reliant
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
In my experience, Riverway has only the one client, NRG /Reliant. The agency is also biased towards Hispanics. On my assignment, I found Hispanics were paid $1 more per hour than I was. I also found that several of my Hispanic coworkers had FAILED their pre-employment testing but were given chances to take the tests until they passed. On the other hand, if I'd have failed (English speaking and non-Hispanic) I probably wouldn't have gotten past the first interview.

My assignment was abruptly ended -- and no, I'm not bitter. It was more than a year ago and I've moved on. My review is unbiased.

Like all agencies, you would get one assignment with them. After that, it's as if you do not exist.
Cons
Healthcare, constantly changing management
I Love Riverway
Employee (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 18, 2016
Riverway is a great company to work. They have strict requirements but if you are get through the process, you will not be sorry. Good benefits and incentives plans.
Hard to Please!
Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2016
I worked for them (Reliant) for a year. I started off with not being good at sales but I picked up my sales to the point where I was In the top percent, was asked to help out with others and do other projects but still for let go for sales. You have to not only sale but be number one...number 2 and under isn't good enough. After being let go I was told on Friday to come in as soon as I could. Got in a bad car accident that Monday after... so couldn't go but called and was told they'll just call I'd something becomes available. Was still denied unemployment because I didn't come on Monday. Even after explaining why and what I was told.
Pros
I did meet nice people, Reliant had great incentives which will trap you into staying longer than plan.
Cons
Prepare to be written up for the smallest things... not exaggerating.
temp Agency
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2015
Riverway is a great temp agency to work for I really enjoyed my time with them. I will always speak good about this company. The people who work for this company really care.
Riverway: Not helpful in finding you employment
CSR Call Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxSeptember 27, 2015
I went through Riverway to try and get a job right around the holidays. The recruiter kept calling my references at odd times of the night to confirm my regerences on Christmas. They found me one job but I was not able to past the test and after that they never tried to help me again. I kept calling and they never returned my calls. But I kept seeing jobs from them that I know I qualify for. But they never submitted my info to other employers.
Pros
They have good job leads
Cons
They give up on trying to help you.
Cant even get it
Cant get to the registration portal (Former Employee) –  Cant get past the registration portalSeptember 17, 2015
It would be good if their Captcha worked in the very beginning. That right there tells me everything I need to know. If they start off bad, it only goes down hill from there.
Pros
Cons
their system is faulty which means they suck
Good Company in the Beginning
Former Retention Agent Reliant Energy (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasDecember 5, 2014
This started 0ut as a good Company but as soon as I was let go from Reliant Energy they act like they didn't know me. They did not place me at another job and I was not paid my bonus pay. They so busy sucking up to Reliant Energy they don't care about the people they hire and they do not have your back when it comes to Shady Management and Coaches at, Reliant. I wouldn't advise anyone to work at Reliant Energy or with Riverway.
Pros
Cons
You have to sell or you will be fired
Fun work place with good people
Temporary Reliant Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJune 25, 2014
I loved my time at Riverway! Its a great company with good-hearted people who care about their clients.
RECORDS RETRIEVAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Litigation support and records retrieval is ever changing.
Efficient employment agency on the rise.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2013
Riverway is a great employment agency. They evaluate you careful to find the right placement for you. My experience with them was pleasant.
One of the best Temp Agencies in Houston
Records Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2012
I absolutely love working for Riverway Business Services. They are an outstanding Temp agency. Most agencies are just collecting resumes and have no intention of finding you a position. That is NOT the case with Riverway. They work hard for you and constantly keep in touch with you to know how you're doing on your assignment.

For business professionals that are unemployed, I highly recommend you check out Riverway. There is a strict interview and testing requirements to get signed up; however, it is well worth the effort.

The jobs generally don't pay that well; however, that's not completely Riverway's fault.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverway Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8