Riverwoods Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in Riverdale, GA

Chaotic Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Staff is overworked and underpaid. Employees that work on the units are always in danger due to the acuity on the units and the lack of staffing. The CEO only cares about numbers so staffing doesn't matter. Patients aren't taken care of properly. A stressful job with no benefits, no room for advancement, and no leaders.
Pros
Working with certain employees
Cons
Ceo, Nasty Facility, Lack of Care for Staff
Riverwoods
Risk Management/Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 2, 2019
It's a great company to work for. However, I was underpaid. They offer more money to candidates that are coming in, than they do employees that are being promoted into higher paying positions. The leadership team was great to work with. However, the CEO was not my favorite and made some decisions that were questionable and he also lied on me. It took over 6 weeks for my pay raise to be added into the system!!! I've worked in more stressful environments than at Riverwoods.

The support from corporate was phenomenal and they had great people working in corporate Risk Management and Compliance. The HR manager at the time was great and supportive of the staff. Overall, I would go back to work for this hospital, due to having changed their CEO and the employees were really great to work with.
Intern
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 4, 2018
Great Place to learn and work . I interned here and the supervisor was awesome. He is a person in pursuit of his goals and does not mind being supportive in supporting others. We work with numerous populations diagnosed with Mental Heath and Substance Use Disorders. The abilities of the staff to stabilize and treat patients is remarkable.
Pros
Information you learn and can apply to your current pursuits
Cons
n/a
Great people poor managment
STAFF NURSE (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 9, 2018
Rewarding work but short staffed which creates unnecessary stress.
Cordial staff from all disciplines.
Management is only focused on themselves and completely out of touch with front line staff.
Pros
Free parking flexible schedule
Cons
staffing
Great first job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 4, 2018
Perfect place to develop workplace skills, learn emotional intelligence and further your education. Some days are super slow and other days are hectic.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long shifts, safety concerns, low pay
Not A Great Place to Work!!!
Adolescent Therapist, Acute Inpatient Unit (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 16, 2018
Poor Management, Low Pay, Stressful, Unrealistic Expectations. More concerned about money than staff and patient care. The hours were long, pay was low, not enough staff, unorganized, no set policies and procedures. I learn how to make use of my time and to cover my self because of poor management and accountability. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients and the good people you worked with on a daily basis. The company was constantly increasing duties but were reluctant to pay overtime. I would not recommend this company to work for or for good patient care unless the company is totally reorganized.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management!!!
Worst Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMay 27, 2018
It was like working for/with shady high schoolers. The therapists love to cause drama and obstruct coworkers from doing their job. The management doesn't support you. They do nothing to retain great employees. They love to fire people who are ethical and work hard. We went through 3 CEOs. They find ways to not to pay you. They have one employee who is a licensed therapist without management skills or education. She lies and pushes the blame to get to the top. This company is like a huge sinkhole.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no stability, no advancement
Great staff management sucks big time and some of the nurses act like just because they have those two letters behind their name they are God!!!
MHA (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 30, 2018
Worked there for 4yrs minimum pay compared to other places....and do not care for their staff safety!!! The paste is very fast if you like to stay busy!
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
Pay, poor management, safety of staff
where to start?
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 13, 2018
Staff are paid less than Mcdonald's staff for sure, while a college degree is required. The work is stressful and dangerous! Imagine all types of mental health issues, 20 men on one unit, with one, yes, I said one, staff to manage all their needs! and one nurse for all those needs. Forced 12 hour shifts, which is outrageous for families," too bad" is the managements attitude. Speaking of management! 4 CEO's in 4 years, DON is aloof, rude, stern, never helps, no clear policies, so one has to "fly by the seat of their pants", (means do whatever to get through the shift). Enough said, the hourly staff are marvelous people, as are the therapists, turnover is unbelievable!
Pros
staff
Cons
everything else
unprofessional
Lodge Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMarch 28, 2018
Management is very unprofessional and the company/facility is all over the place. The job itself was very fun, actually. But when it comes to being respected and cared for by the company, you are only left to feel unappreciated and worthless.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
Company has no respect for employees
Underpaid and Overworked.
Admissions Counselor in their Intake Department (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 20, 2018
I worked 7pm-7am shifts from Thursday-Saturday. Some nights were fine while others were nightmarish. The company doesn't pay shift differential nor do they match 401k if you opted to open one. Comparatively to other facilities, most of the employees are underpaid and overworked, which leads to stressful situations. They also promised me licensure supervision for an LAPC but there was nothing in place for that to occur. After a four month stint there, my physical and mental health was impacted and I found myself unable to continue working that job. Admissions mostly had good employees that stuck together and there were some good nurses and techs in the facility. That said, if you ever intend to work there, be prepared to fight an uphill battle with corporate expectations, nurses that are reluctant to work with you to transfer patients to their units and incoming patients themselves.
Pros
4 Day weekends
Cons
No lunch breaks, no shift differential, no opportunity for supervision, high stress job.
This is a good friendly place with loving staff.
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Every day was busy getting all the Doctor orders completed. Charting and medication pass.
Over seeing all my staff and care of each client. I like talking and helping my patients any time. We had several different nurses from other countries and I like learning their believes and ideas. I was often called to assess a patient that has medical problems.
Pros
Managment often ordered food for us.
Cons
Having several admissins at one time, over 3 to keep them safe.
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 3, 2018
4 years of commitment with no advancements work different Dept's with no raise unorganized and management unprofessional .28 raise with a great evaluation
Bad management and unprofessional staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 17, 2017
IN my time there we have had three CEOs. The DON is never available to the nursing staff unless it is for gossiping.. MHAs are totally ghetto. The patients are treated poorly by most of the staff (nurses and MHAs).
Pros
Close to home (no highway miles)
Cons
Totally unqualified management, terrible food for patients, DON is MIA.
Pretty nice place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 13, 2017
The facility is not a bad place to work, the only thing I do not like is the shift. I am 2nd shift so im there from 3-1130. If I can change my shift then it wouldnt be bad. The staff is not the nurse does there jobs and treat the patient with the high quality care they deserve.
Worthwhile work!
Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 14, 2017
Nurses were underpaid, however the work was worthwhile. the social work model was followed for direct patient care. There were often conflicts between SW and nursing.
Interesting job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 10, 2017
Improving,providing care for others,learning how to work in a work place with unique individuals. Its a great learning experience. Being a leader can change the whole atmosphere of a work place.
Flexibility
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 12, 2015
It is a great place to work, especially if one is seeking flexibility in their job assignment. I work as an independent crisis counselor and has limited contact with the day-to-day operations at RiverWoods.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unstable pay check
Fast paced environment
Social worker intern (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 6, 2015
Working as an intern as a social worker/intern gave me the most experience in the field. A typical day involved psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, setting up out patient appointments, conducting group therapy, family sessions, answering phone calls, light filing of charts, and documentation. It was a fast paced environment, but a good way to be a strong clinician.
Pros
Good training, good exposure to a variety of patients
Cons
quite a few code purples on the adult unit, but I never really felt unsafe due to security and safety protocols
Good first job in the field ONLY!
Admissions Representative and Mobile Assessor (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Management is often uninformed. Training is "on the fly." If you are not a self-starter this is not the place for you. There is no hand holding or training the is supportive of your growth as a licensed professional.