RiverWoods Continuing Care Retirement Community

RiverWoods Continuing Care Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 27, 2018
To start, your interview will be a lie. Work/life balance does not exist. Core values are not followed. Wouldn’t even recommend this job to my cat. Poor sanitation. Controlling management. Rookie kitchen. Keep searching.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, at RiverWoods we are always looking to improve. We are sorry that you were unable to maintain your personal work/life balance, our kitchens have experienced being short staffed in the last couple of months. We are working to recruit more kitchen staff and practice our core value of Sustainability.

Mutuality, Authenticity, Not for Self, Respect for the Individual and Sustainability, are our Core Values, we strive to be excellent at them everyday but sometimes we falter.

We are working with our managers to improve communication and employee satisfaction.

Productive, fast paced work enviroment with pool table, swimming pool, and country store.
Line cook/Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NH 03833June 17, 2018
A typical day at work included collecting lunch slips from employees at 3 different locations. Next I would make the lunches out of left over from the previous work day and get the desserts ready to serve. I would then get started either prepping for salad bar or for the dinner service. The hardest part of this job was time management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no free time always busy
June 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to show someone who might be considering working here what a typical day is like. Being a prep cook is a demanding position because we look at this position as an opportunity to build your culinary talents in order to gain skills and grow professionally.

One advantage of working at RiverWoods in the culinary department, is there are no late nights, you can use your creativity, and we offer benefits such as paid time off, health insurance, and contributions to a retirement plan.

We hope your experience at RiverWoods added to your professional development.

Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 3, 2018
Great community and wonderful environment. Any individual would be lucky to work at a place like RiverWoods. It is a place of support, love and encouragement.
June 19, 2018

We feel the same way, thank you for sharing your experience.

Controlling management
LNA (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 11, 2018
Benefits were okay but the culture was stiff and the management was controlling. I learned quickly that you are not allowed to ask questions and you are certainly not allowed to speak up if you see something you feel is wrong or else there will be retaliation by management. This job is a good fit for someone who doesn't speak up when they see something they don't agree with or if they are accused of something that isn't true and don't want to defend themselves. I was told upon hiring that they have difficulty keeping staff because they work differently than other nursing facilities and I can see that they really have trouble keeping staff because of management issues.
Pros
Benefits okay for a nursing facility, flexible hours, not high demand work
Cons
Controlling management
February 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at RiverWoods with us. Our company culture is what sets us apart from other organizations and when someone has not had a good experience, we appreciate the opportunity to address the situation and try to make it better. Please contact me: Dawn Barker, VP of Human Resources, dbarker@riverwoodsgroup.org or (603) 658-3002, to discuss your concerns.

Productive workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 28, 2017
I was responsible to make sure every table was set, all drinks were ready, knew what desserts and or appetizers there for the night. Just like any ordinary restaurant you would serve the residents what they would like for a drink and then serve them dinner. After dinner is done, clear the table and see if any of them would like a dessert. Clear and set tables at the end of the night or shift.
Core values are nothing more than verbage. Management is self serving and cut throat.
RN (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 2, 2017
Core values sound fantastic but in reality they are nothing more than verbage. Management is self serving and not consistent with their rules. Truth is a natter of "perception" per DNS. Inclusivity is great, if you are in with the clique. Nursing assistants run the circus.
Pros
Holiday bonus
Cons
Poor management
A plus
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHAugust 14, 2017
Wonderful place to work, fair and listening upper management. Hard working staff.I loved to interact with my peers and loved how the Resident's and family!! Work was enjoyable and pleasant.Hardest part of job at times was time management.
Pros
They listen to suggestions and are fair to staff.
Cons
none to speak of.
good patient:staff ratio
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 20, 2017
great place to work, great support, great work place culture, residents are the best, hardest part of the job is creating bonds with residents that you loose
Happy Place To Work
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 2, 2017
Productive workplace that encourages employee education, participation and teamwork. Managers are understanding, nurses are inclusive and LNAs are a tight-knit, but welcoming group. I am lucky to work at RiverWoods!
It was an alright place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 14, 2017
I felt as if this place had lots of drama between the staff members and was just not a fun place to work. I was not a fan of how you would feel left out of staff things if you were not "liked".
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 10, 2017
it's a lot of hardwork and a lot of movement. they don't pay that well for what you are doing especially housekeeping. theres a lot of drama too that goes on.
Fun place to work
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 23, 2017
All the employees are really nice and great to work with. I real loved all my co-workers it made working there really pleasurable. The work place culture is great.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
schedule isn't the greatest
Good job for high school student to grow
Host (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 13, 2017
This is a great job for a younger person to have because it teaches them responsibility of having a job but also the residents tell you stories that are unforgettable. As a host in the dining room, the responsibility is setting up items for lunch and dinner, seating residents and helping the servers and cooks where needed. The hardest part can be working with the younger servers because of difference in age. The most enjoyable is talking to the residents and listening to what they have experienced.
Pros
Good Amenities
Cons
Poor Communication, High Turnover
Terrible
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 11, 2016
Poorly run. Not very sanitary and is just a bad place. No rules are enforced at all and was just a dissapointment to work here. I would not reccomend anybody to ever work here.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poorly run
Professional and enjoyable environment
LNA (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 18, 2016
An absolute wonderful place to work for. Love everything about this company. Riverwoods truly is all about their residents and employees. They really care about everyone within the company, even caring about employees families, providing scholarships for employees family members who don't even work for Riverwoods. Tht is true dedication to their community. I am proud to say that I am apart of the Riverwoods Community.
Flexible work environment and low stress
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 30, 2016
A typical day as housekeeper at Riverwoods consists of a schedule for day to day tasks. I work in independent living where I have anywhere between 40 minutes to 70 minutes in one apartment. When I feel I am going too slow I can easily call over our radios and ask for help and someone will be there in minutes. There are plenty of training opportunities to level up (and receive pay raise). The hardest part of the job would have to receiving the harsh criticism from some of our residents. My supervisors give their housekeepers the benefit of the doubt, until it becomes a constant complaint. The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility of my supervisor. They try very hard to make their employees comfortable and happy.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible sched. easily compliant, great overtime
Cons
Little lunch choices, noncomliant residents
Great high school job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 26, 2016
great job for a high school student. It doesn't provide much opportunity for advancement but is a great atmosphere. you get free food and everybody is nice. It can be a bit hectic at times but its never to bad.
Pros
free food
It's a a good place to work.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 18, 2015
It's a good place to work. Decent benefits. It has nice facilities and updated equipment for staff to use. Employee lunch program. I would recommend it to friends.
Head Pastry Chef/Baker (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 22, 2015
Very productive and high demanding at times , but get all the work down . Most but not all work as a team. The best part is making sure the resident are very happy with the outcome of the product being made.
Pros
Making residents happy
Cons
reviews are never ontime
Very professional, team oriented
A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 7, 2014
Fast paced office with a professional and experienced team. Everyone willing to help out at all levels. Great location, beautiful offices, friendly staff that truly enjoys the company of their residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RiverWoods Continuing Care Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

RiverWoods Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews by Job Title