Riviera Palm Springs Employee Reviews

Very poor managed Hotel company
Security Management (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 2, 2018
This hotel company in Palm Springs is as bad as the casinos with turnover. Almost weekly or monthly employees come and go as well as management. Before you know it is a new executive committee or a new general manager where did the other one go? Things change so much cost cutting. Hours cut you never know what's going to happen from day to day. So much competition with sooooo many hotels in Palm Springs. The Riviera should be a top-of-the-line class historic want to be working place . A job to be proud of ..it is not any of that. At one time the Riviera was one of the most historic beautiful well respected hotels in the city. So much management so many top of the line phonies backstabbers long hours not worth it find another career
Pros
Cons
Overall work environment you are just one of the worker bees
No team work no support what so everr
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  PS CaDecember 24, 2017
What s BAD is the BS in your contract at hiring.
No work comp what so ever, if injured on a job.
No Team work or support. All back stabber.
Supervisor Suck!!! No SUPPORT. Bad Management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No healthcare benefit when need it
Exciting and rich history
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work is first to report to my boss, and receive any information and work that is a priority. Once the priority list is complete, I generally begin editing payroll and following up on any incorrect time sheets. By the end of the day I have communicated any HR employee disputes or issues to my management team. Management has taken a bit of a decline since the company has been bought out. The hardest part of the job is having enough support and team work so that I can get what I need done in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be there and support the many employees that make this hotel great.
Pros
Free lunch is definitely a huge pros
Cons
Lack of support and management
Great place to work.
Guest Services Operator, I (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy my job here. I have excellent co workers who treat other staff and Hotel clients with respect. It's time to relocate. I'd like to remain with the same type of company and remain on the customer service side of the roll I play in the company.
Pros
co-operative staff and supportive management
Cons
I need to make more money