RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Multitasking environment
Special Projects and Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed this position! We handled all types of projects and answered the facilities maintenance calls. Our immediate supervisor was a great woman to work with! Her supervisors were fair!
R.J. Reynolds was ok
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2018
This company was on the cutting edge of their business. Progressive and energetic. The annual meetings were very informative and we were able to preview the upcoming years objectives and strategies.
Any positive reviews are done from the company
Territory manager (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2018
As a territory manager everything is your fault. You will be over work, the company will show you no respect whatsoever. You will be expected to yell at your clients and forced unwanted product down their throats. You can look at all the job postings to tell the amount of turnover that happens here. The company will lie to you and HR is worthless just keep going for another job
Pros
Company car
Cons
The cons are there's no Pros about this company
Always keeping it current and relevant
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 1, 2018
this company was on the cutting edge of their business. Progressive and energetic. The annual meetings were very informative and we were able to preview the upcoming years objectives and strategies.
Pros
current with technology
Cons
my time was too short due to their federal guidelines
not pleasant working conditions..more like a sweatshop
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 30, 2018
Terrible working conditions and the Division Manager in RI has no management skills in Coaching or upselling.
Discrimination has a tendency to occur on a daily basis and would not suggest this company for employment to anyone
Pros
Company Car
Cons
everything everyday
Fabulous company!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2018
RJ Reynolds takes care of its employees. They treat you like you are a business professional; they go the extra mile. And, because of this, the employees work tirelessly for the company because they are appreciated and recognized.
Good job in a volatile industry
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at RJ Reynolds. I was quite successful with the company but with small children in the house I was not comfortable working in the tobacco industry.
Good place to work terrible management
Making Lead (Current Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCJune 28, 2018
I really enjoy my experience working at RJR. It is however a high stress environment with lots of unnecessary stress due to bad management. I also feel that chances to advance are very slim and not based on effort and ability.
Overall it is a great benefit package with competitive salaries. However yearly review ratings have percentage caps tied to them.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 21, 2018
New hires that are high performers get promoted quickly. Once vested those promotions become lateral move opportunities for most. Yearly achievement review ratings have a percentage cap placed on them. Thus only a set percentage of employees, in a given level, can attain either exceeds or high achieves.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Inconsistency within middle management.
Excellent company
Material Handler/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Yabucoa Municipio, PRJune 11, 2018
A day in my job inspector in line, make some rework, also material handler, machine operator included packaging machinery, the hard part of the job was load heavy components.
Wonderful Company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I came straight out of college, and started a career with RJ Reynolds Tobacco company. I was very successful there I was one of the top sales people and was being considered for a promotion on several occasions. I enjoyed working there it was my first real job, and the older employees made me feel comfortable. They also let me know that I was do an excellent job, and they were hearing great things from management about me. They encouraged me to get up the good work as some of the employee were retiring. I hated to see them leave, such nice people.
Great job out of college
Remote - Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 21, 2018
The travel and work experience out of school was great. Fun atmosphere, great people, and a relaxed environment. Learned a lot about business and marketing
Was Great, now OK
TERRITORY MANAGER III (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 15, 2018
Pay is well below industry standards

Great perks, medical, dental, 401k

Company car, great coworkers

Middle management is simply middling and upper management is losing its course.
4 weeks Orientation
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 14, 2018
Learning the whole process of production.
I was one of the few to learn the whole process.
Management is very nice.
The workplace culture is hard working, high efficiency & productivity.
The hardest part is to learn everything in a short time.
The most enjoyable part is learning.
Great place to learn & advance your skills.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2018
RAI, is a great place for someone to start and move up if you are motivated and hard-working. You are able to branch off into many different sub-sets as you grow within the company. I would definitely recommend anyone whom is seeking a company they would like to grow with.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 10, 2018
Great place to work that believes in talent development. Thriving team oriented culture that provides excellent training. A company that emphasizes work life balance.
Great Autonomy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2018
I liked the autonomy. I liked taking trips with the company. I liked the company car. Was a large territory. Had to get a storage and maintain it for company point of sale material.
Exciting and innovative place to work
Territory Manager III (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work very exciting and innovative. Opportunities for advancement available if you are willing to relocate. Excellent benefits such as a company car and best training program ever.
Pros
Company Car, Training
Cons
Windshield time
Excellent company to work for
Territory Manager III (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2018
I loved RJ Reynolds... Company culture is amazing, upper management invests in the employees, benefits are fantastic, training is great. I never felt like i was going to work... loved my job
Pros
Culture, benefits
Fun Place
Senior Fabrication Technician / Packaging Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 15, 2018
I wish, I would've stayed. I moved to Macon GA to work at this job. but the company closed. the company was so good they helped all of the 5000 employees find new jobs.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Health Care