RJ Young Employee Reviews

Job Seekers Beware
Admin (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2018
This isn't a terrible company to work for but stay away from the Administration group. Nothing has been the same for the last two years. Policies are constantly changing, no direction, pointing fingers and constant back stabbing. Want to be in management - no problem. Skills or experience are not required.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
leadership team, back stabbing, disrespectful
Everybody is out for themselves, and no leader
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 30, 2018
I never got proper training and was thrown to the wolves and then was invisible to management. There are favorites within the company. Certain people will stick together but stab you in the back because you aren't one of their group.
Cons
no leadership, no training
growing company with growing pains
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 24, 2018
Lack of structure greatly affects ability to sustain success. Led to believe that major accounts were to be distributed to more tenured reps like myself. Company is not looking for experienced reps but ones who will knock on as many doors as possible, what is known as a "down the street" rep, not one who is used to dealing with large, enterprise level accounts. Service department has many struggles as well, which is the backbone to this business. Office politics and communication between reps and managers need lots of improvement.
Pros
Ideals are nice, generally the managers are nice people as well
Cons
lack of structure, lack of management, service issues
Stressful Confusing Cut throat
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 26, 2018
No warning before being told I was being let go. Had to leave immediately. Told me I was no longer needed. I was not offered an alternative. Profit is bottom line for them. Bought out my former employer. Growing at too fast a pace. No job is safe.
benefits
Cons
Poor communication within the company
Semi-productive
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39213March 19, 2018
Coworkers complain a lot. Management cannot remember things, you have to remind him. Job is easy, but others make it difficult. Nothing is consistent.
Productive and great place to work and have fun
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2017
Taking charge and having the ability to train new employees for driving and pulling orders and shipping all carriers. I have the ablity to network to get challenging things completed in a timely manner. Working with employees to see what their weakness and strenghts are to over their challengings .
Pros
Time management, saving company money in productivy
Typical Work Day
DPS Billing Specialist / Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2017
Data entry into multiple software systems that don't communicate with each other - so the same information is being entered up to 4 & 5 times in different places just to get a Client's order processed.

Managers are overwhelmed, so, drama & back-biting is readily accepted, which causes lots of meetings & less work getting done.

The office is very crowded, loud, & unorganized.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Inexperienced Managers that listen to the wrong people
Great Company - Great Management
Level II Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 28, 2017
At my time at RJ Young it was a great job. Very Employee driven. Fast paced and growing. This was a great company to work for and would go back if offered.
hard work, good supervisor
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2017
Good place to work the co-worker were friendly. The work required a lot of lifting. The supervisor was fair with the work load. This was a temp job don't know about benefits.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
work was hard
Had issues with hire on
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37204May 23, 2017
Started as a temp and it took a long time to get hired on.

In the past there had been issues with some management but the troublesome manager has since left, so issues should have dissipated.
Great Company
Wide Format Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2017
I am the Wide Format Specialist at RJ Young in Nashville. While working at a great company like RJY for over 6 years, my passion still belongs in the entertainment industry. However, I have done great things in this company because they have allowed me to step out of my normal job description. This company likes to see everyone succeed and is willing to help do so.
Good job with up and coming compnay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 18, 2016
They just expanded in this area and are working out the some of the bumps that occur when moving into an new area. My typical work day was arriving at the warehouse, loading the days equipment, and delivering to surrounding areas.
Great company to work for, competitive benefits
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 14, 2016
Management is competent and fair, great work life balance, and competitive benefits package. Fair amount of room for advancement, more room in certain areas over others.
Good company to work for
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 13, 2016
Great co-workers and work/life balance. Management is willing to work with you very well. The hardest part of the job is if you do not have industry experience it will be challenging for you.
Decent Place to Work
Delivery Driver / Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2015
RJ Young is a fairly decent place to work. If you are used to working, the work is not hard at all. The worst part is the inconsistencies in everyone doing their job, which can sometimes make your job a little bit harder or stressful.
Pros
Good People Overall
Cons
Inconsistent Management
It was a decent place to work.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2013
I entered meters for many accounts. I billed new orders and also set up their monthly and quarterly billing cycles. I also handled customer complaints regardin their statements.

The management was ok. Unfortunately not everyone was treated the same.

Alot of the co-workers played game on the computer and stayed on facebook, while others worked extra hard to get the monthly billing handled. This caused the department to have to work extremely late (to 2 or 3 am) the last 3 days of the monthl.

The job wasn't hard.
Like the people i work with, but dont like the type of work i do
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 29, 2013
The people at RJ Young are great.. I am a delivery driver and i deliver copiers/printers to customers in the area we cover. Hardest part of the job is some times the physical aspect, but its never too bad that it cant be done. Management seems to change so thats kind of worrisome. I have learned how to deal with different types of customers and solve problems, on the spot, that might arise.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
Job security.
Double standards
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2013
It was not a professional atmostphere. Lots of playing making it difficult to return customer calls.
Pros
free meals on nights we worked late
Cons
alot of playing
Not rewarded for work I did
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2013
Started early talking and cold calling on customers, closing deals and making things happen. I learned to work very indepedent and strive to meet my own goals. The management was very lean and not aggressive. Most of my co-workers were very young and did not have the drive that I had to get the job done. Not being able to grow beyond my territory. I love meeting the customer and finding soultions for them and building realtionships.
Pros
i was my on boss
Cons
negative environment
If you are going to work on copiers this is the place to be.
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2012
My day to day work was going on service calls in a territory of copiers, faxes, plotters and printers. You might work on the same type of equipment or completely different equipment. I learned a lot of how to work with customers to take care of their problems or needs. The management varied depending on which team you were on. I had some of the best co-workers you could ask for. The hardest part of my job was overcoming the administrative duties and constraints that kept me from serving my customer base to the best of my ability. I enjoyed a good day of work when I could see I had helped customers in a timely and efficient manner.
Pros
good people
Cons
inconsistent management styles.