RJE Telecom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to start, perfect for recent graduates trying to enter the workforce.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
It's entry-level, data entry by definition. However, the job entails researching and collecting data on Verizon-owned telecommunications property (poles) and updating their databases in order to replace old poles with newer models. Might sound dull, but it's not as awful as it sounds. Working with Verizon, however, is a nightmare. Near impossible deadlines and project parameters that constantly shift make the job stressful, on top of Verizon's database managers on the opposite side being incredibly rude and most often unhelpful towards us on a regular basis. On the RJE side, the supervisors are the stars. They are possibly the greatest thing about the job, plenty of heart and character, and extremely helpful towards their employees. The Office Managers are the real pains in the situation. Overpaid and a constant nuisance for the supervisors, they make working there seem less and less appealing. Snatching away necessary overtime allotment, and expecting the deadlines to remain the same do not lead to the results they want. Co-workers are colorful and also characters, if you can't handle working with a female majority team and the sarcasm they bring to the table, look elsewhere.
Pros
Full benefits package, opportunities for overtime
Cons
Management is a nightmare, lots of clashing egos
My experience at RJE
Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for RJE. It was my way to get in to work on an AT&T account. I was able to learn a lot about project management. I was able to reach my manager anytime I needed. There was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable was meeting all the people that I met while at RJE.
Pros
Training, accountability, experience
Cons
Being an independent contractor
Didn't care about the average Joe
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 24, 2016
I gave my all...worked all day and all night making sure my job was done to the best of my ability. Only claimed 40 hours each week.
Then was terminated without a thought...
Fun work environment overall
Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NY 10595May 4, 2016
Typical work day would be calling customer to obtain a signed agreement, updating jobs in our mdu tracker, preparing surveys to be sent out to VZ,
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Job was temporary
Admin
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, flSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, very easy office work such as copy, payroll, timesheets, excel, blue print engieering, safety managing.
Provide necessary resources for the team to fulfill objectives
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 17, 2015
This position is responsible for producing drawings, layouts, and designs under the supervision of the CAD Team Lead.
Installation Inspection
Engineering Field Inspector - Pathway Installation (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Inspect in progress and completed FIOS pathway construction work by sub-contractors. Work was on a daily and travel was required.
Nice Office. Engineers had a good working relationship
Access Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Projects were handed out to engineers. the co-workers were great and easy to work with.
Hardest part of job was trying to keep on timeline with projects.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
working with so many groups to try to get a project completed
Great company
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Great company. Great people to work for. Great work environment.
Felt like home
Receptionist/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 27, 2014
RJE felt like working with family and everyone worked together to get things done.
Pros
Family enviroment
Cons
Laid off
Learned how to work very well under a tremendous amount of stress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYJuly 8, 2014
I worked numerous hours (in a days time); we were under-staff and I assumed the responsibilities of about 10 people. I learned how to work very well under tremendous amounts of stress. Management did not believe in team work resulting in many unhappy employees. Co-workers eventually came around a started to work as a team (better late than never). The hardest part of my job was trying to communicate with a manager that was very tunnel vision resulting in making my own decisions (which turned out to be what I suggested to my manager from the beginning). The most enjoyable part of my job is that I was able to turn negatives into positives, leaving with new experiences that I incorporated into my job at INPEx.
Pros
Turned negatives into [positives
Cons
Wish things would not have taken so long
I have a work from home relationship with RJE.
OSP Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2014
The local office in Pittsburgh is very supportive. Over all I am self managed and a support to younger engineers on staff.
The hardest part of the job involves the down time when work from the client slows.
The most enjoyable part is the time spent in the field contributing to projects that have a long term impact on the communications service for the people of the City of Pittsburgh.
The most enjoyable part of my job is every aspect of outside plant engineering and training new engineers telephony.
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 14, 2014
I have 19 years working in Telecommunications in the areas of Outside Plant Engineering, Project Management, Field Operations Management, preparing proposals, and construction/site acquisition specialist, permitting, and quality assurance.
Great job place that compensates hard work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 5, 2014
This company has made me grow in the OSP Engineering field. My hard work has been greatly compensated with benefits and with an outstanding salary. I thank the given opportunity to accelerate job positions and job security provided in a nine year span and counting.
Helpful Co-workers
Vice President of Operations West (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Very helpful staff and management. Always something new and challenging.
Pros
travel
very easy going office.
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 21, 2013
This company is based on the buddy system. If your buddy works there your likely to get a job. If your buddy is your boss you'll get lots of advancement.
Pros
the pay was high
Cons
The buddy system
Flexible and balanced
Project Coordinator/ Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 12, 2013
My current job is unique for the industry. It is very flexible and allows me to have a great work life balance. I do contractor work for some of the major telecommunication companies such as Verizon or Time Warner Cable. I work from home and I make my own schedule. At times is very busy other times very slow. It's difficult to forecast my work load and often we're in lack of resources. I handle a variety of tasks from FTTP, HiCap BAU for a large area thus being exposed to a diverse and changing work environment, which keeps my work exciting and always interesting. The hardest part is security and work load forecasting, and often I have to travel for work and be away from my family of lengths of time. I do love my job but I need to be in a more stable environment with better growth opportunities
Pros
flexibility
Cons
unbalanced work load
Great learning experiance
Field Supervisor/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 4, 2013
Worked as a field technician & supervisor on multiple projects wiring new homes and Apartment /Condo complexes for (Telephone, Internet, and TV). I worked on installing all Cable, Telephone and Internet wiring, and installed switches and modems in main communication rooms. Reported back to management on a daily basis the progress made on projects. Worked with great team of guys that would look out for one another.
Computer Consultant
Contract Computer Consultant / FiOS Admin (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2013
Available for on demand desktop of computer software/hardware problems. Helped on-site engineers by inputting equipment orders on their work orders. Maintained server for local file sharing and a web based application. Experience at different problems increased knowledge of repair of hardware, installation of company software and trained users on use of computers and applications. Management was great. Co-workers were the same ones in the company I retired from. Hardest part of job was on call to executive offices. Most enjoyable was satisfaction of helping people with their problems.
Pros
great working environment and good pay
Cons
25 mile commute
Nice place to work
CAD Drafter/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 7, 2012
on the job training
friendly management
wonderful co-workers
Pros
on the job training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RJE Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.