RJW TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Terrible managment, lazy staff, demeaning and rude supervisors,etc.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 14, 2018
Everything about this place is unprofessional. It may have gotten me my experience, but provided me with nothing more then just that. Their racial discrimination as well as playing favorites really destroys any sort of team effort when confronting supervisors that want generally nothing to do with anyone "below" them. Don't work for here
Cons
This is a company for someone who just completed college and who are interested in learning about the Transportation industry.
Accounting Team lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMay 1, 2018
A typical work day is working with the transportation department and working with carrier who calls to find out when they will receive their payments.
Pros
Na
Cons
The company need to provide better training for new employees.
Bad management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 23, 2018
No room for advancement unless you know someone high up. No matter how hard you work they want more. No raises. They put minorities is the less physical jobs.
Poor management from top to bottom.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
almost everything
This place is a lie
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 9, 2018
Don't apply you will apply for one location and they will move you around without letting you know tell you either go or quit the hr won't listen to any issues you have they treat you like trash here you are expendable here
Es divertido
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Se aprende dia a dia nuevas cosas, ya sea desde manejar las maquinas hasta el uso del scanner.
A typical day
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 17, 2018
I handled Accounts Payable. I would get invoices and pay them. I would do my research to make sure that the POD's are in the system. I was also apart of the accounts receivable side of things as well. I would bill the customers for the freight that we are shipping for.
Just a job, not really a career
Material handler I (Current Employee) –  Lockport, ILNovember 4, 2017
If you were looking for a steady career, i would advise not coming here. The work you do is alright, most of the co-workers are good workers, management has your back so long as you do your job. Biggest downfall is there arent any raises, promotions aren’t really given to RJW employees instead they hold it for temps to get hired on
Pros
Hours you work
Cons
Advancement
Nice place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILOctober 19, 2017
Friendly environment, coworkers were nice and helpful. Enjoyed working there and would go back and if the opportunity arose in the future. Very laid back.
It's a good place to work
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Lockport, ILJune 8, 2017
I come to work with one thing on my mind and that's getting the job done in the safest way possible.
We have a pre safety meeting everyday before the shift starts.
Then I inspect my folk lift to make sure it's safe to operate.
Then on to my duties and they consist of making sure all pallets are wrapped properly prepare for shipping.
The waight and height is very important.
I scan and count the merchandise to make sure it's all there for that order.
And then I make sure that the load doesn't consist of more than 30 pallets.
So that the loaders want have any problems loading the trucks
Pros
The Rjw warehouse is a safe environment to work in.
Cons
A lot of overtime and benefits
Stressful Company with poor management
Wave Release Lead (Former Employee) –  14908 Lockport IlMay 10, 2017
Rjw has every worker working 6 days a week 10 hours a day from 5am to 3:30. Mandatory Overtime. the management is unorganized and do not follow company procedures or regulations. They have more Pickers than equipment so majority of the employees do 10 hours of nothing because of the lack of equipment.
Pros
off one weekend day only
Cons
workers aeexhausted and tired of only being off one day
Getting much better
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  700 GatewayFebruary 24, 2017
700 Gateway Bolingbrook,IL

I started a couple years ago, seen many managers come and go.
Pros: Current manger is internally promoted, very hands on leader, will break his back for his team, first manager that pushed training and development, if RJW keeps hiring these guys, good things to come.
Cons: Upper management/pay freeze/management turnover/people in positions because they know upper management. I left due to advancement possibility with another company.

I would work with company again
working here as a temp
data entry temp (Former Employee) –  WOODRIDGEJanuary 13, 2017
was offered a temp assignment in data entry in Woodridge worked all day and traveled my first day in icy conditions and found out after one day they didn't want me back with no reason-no way would I go back there
they risked my life and the temp place is no better thye could have found out why
Pros
Cons
lousy management
Upper Management is a joke
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 2, 2017
This place is just a stop through while you look for something better. There is no room for anyone to move up unless you are friends or related to one of the higher up's. Also you will work your but off and once it's time for your review you get hit with we are on a pay raise freeze and if you ask for a raise you will be given the run around or even let go because every employee is expendable. When a recruiter calls you my advice is don't pick up.
Pros
Some of the people you work with
Cons
No raises, upper management.
Good job if you want to be a slave to people who really don't know what they are doing.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 2, 2016
Don't go there...bad management nobody knows what they are doing and if you try to help clients and expose frailties in the system you will be GONE. Perp walk included :-). Stayed late,came early...gave 110% but still got canned. Had a good relationship with the clients and other people in the warehouse.....
Pros
Cons
really bad management structure
I learned a lot.
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed my work and enjoyed my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was making a difference in lives. The hardest part of my job was trying to compete with a male dominated industry in this particular company.
Nice work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 30, 2016
Nice work place and employees
Very busy work days
Love talking with customers
Order entry is very easy
Nice entry level job
Management worries about the wrong thing
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 23, 2015
They worry to much about the volume going out, and not the fact that they have people in the aisles and mistakes are constantlybeing found on a daily basis.
i was the owner
Truck Driver\ Route Planer (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 29, 2014
I was the owner and owned the truck and drove all day everyday to make the money that I did.
Very uncomfortable environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 16, 2014
RJW would be a good company if they didnt put a freeze on YEARLY PAY increases which lowers down the work moral so you can be working for years and still be at $13 per hour. Ive been working for months and not once had my manager has given me a compliment for hard/dedicated work. They allow family members to work in the same building along side eachother which creates alot of conflict. They make overtime manadatory whenever they want without giving proper notice, we have asked for supplies since last year and are still waiting for them to perform at high level,There is alot of favoritism
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No raises, Managers focus more about themselves, etc Too many to discuss
Fast-paced and multi-tasking
Administrative Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMarch 22, 2014
checking in local and over the road drivers and Outside carriers.
I am the "Go to" person. Most of my co-workers respect me and will come to me with questions.

The hardest part of the job is the volume of work for the amount of time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a