RK Hydro-Vac
View all RK Hydro-Vac reviews

RK Hydro-Vac

RK Hydro-Vac Employee Review

RK Hydro-Vac Roof Laborer Review - Productive work environment

Nice company to work for. 8 days on 6 days off. Travel the East coast from Virginia to Maine sucking rocks off flat roofs. Willing to train you to get your class B CDL and your OSHA 30 course

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Place just drains the life out of you.

The only people who actually like working here are the office staff. I would love it to if I got paid a lot to do absolutely nothing. The insurance is the absolute worst insurance I've ever seen.

Pros

Cons

Same roleSame location

If you enjoy freedom at work and don’t mind working long hours this is a good place

Not a bad place to work if you enjoy physical labor and being outdoors. Never worked more than 180 days in my 3.5 years . Must be a self motivator and able to solve problems on your own. Bonus program is legit if your willing to work hard without someone holding your hand. Tough on the family being away for eight days at a time but not bad if you enjoy traveling and freedom. Time off is good.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Working in the rain for 8 days straight.
Same location

travel and good pay

excellent job for people who don't have younger children. pay was/is adequate. hard work but simple to complete. manager was great, I don't think dispatcher ever stepped on a ladder let alone a roof. must know how to climb a ladder and not be afraid of heights.driving is usually 75% of the job, so might want to like driving. days are long and hot... the on and off days was great to schedule vacations but hard to manage a family. overall, I would go back!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RK Hydro-Vac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about RK Hydro-Vac in popular locations

• RK Hydro-Vac
  • Productive work environment
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?