RK Mechanical Employee Reviews

For 16 dollars an hour you can look forward to swinging a hammer all day and when you take 2 mins to gather yourself you get a write up.
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
Good trade to learn not enough money. They also spit in your face and send other tradesmen that are low on work to work with you. You have to train them how to do your job well you're making 16 an hour they are making 20 plus.
Pros
Paid lunch for night shift
Cons
Low pay for the labor and the cost of living in the area.
Interned this summer 2018 and had a lot fun
Operations Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2018
It was a fun summer in Denver. I spent almost everyday out on a job site solving problems with HVAC, electric and plumbing. My supervisor was amazing but I heard of other interns not having a great supervisor. Overall, I don't regret the experience, I learned a lot about the industry and Denver is a great city.
Could have been better
IT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2018
You see a successful company like this bring in what I think is decent talent but then you apply these individuals to a process that is damaged or incomplete and chaos ensues. Business processes need to be fixed and perfected. Also, the manager-owners of the company, in my opinion, should not be involved at all with the function of things like HR or IT or Payroll, they should be focused on getting projects and winning business and being prolific community members that can help our world in big ways. Micromanagement sucks and if you are a hard worker that will meet the challenge and work to the end of the day (and beyond) to get the job done you might find yourself being manipulated.
Pros
401k was nice
Cons
There were quite a few cons for me working as a technology team member in the main office.
People where helpful & was a great job
Solderer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2018
We where very helpful and we took care of each other's back on safety wise and had meetings every morning to check every area that everyone was assign to for production and order material or supplies that we needed to complete what we where working on or to see who needed any help to cut up on there area and the foreman & the superintendent where so humble and never put down no one and where so professional.
Pros
Every month free luch for everyone, they'll supply you with your basic power tools and with school
slow, unorganized workplce
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Vail, CO 81657August 18, 2018
business is slow and when it isn't everything is so unorganized that you end up doing the same job 2-3 times. but the amount of work has gotten less and less.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no work, short breaks, and no sign of raise or advancement
Management is horrible
Project Forman (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2018
I came to them to advance my career and instead I think it was the WORST job I’ve ever had. They treat you like slaves. No one on our job site is happy. Our turnover rate is like 6ppl a week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very very poor management
High pace
Scheduler Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2018
Fast paced
In house opportunity's
Should interact more with shop & field personnel
Good Culture Safety very good
Hard timelines for production
I enjoyed the fast pace
Pros
In house training
Cons
Managment interaction
They are an overall good company. But the people they hire aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
This company had me working for 2 years straight. They’ve kept me busy. The Company is owned by two brothers and they are amazing people. They were very generous to start me off at $16.00 an hour as an apprentice.
Pros
Get paid $16.00 off the bat guaranteed.
Cons
Short breaks, cut-throat business, most bosses will say they care about safety, but when you aren’t fast in production because of safety rules they have in place, they boot you.
Journeyman III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2018
They had it out for me right out of the shoot. Had all documentation of physical and mental health yet they ran me off for attendance. Good money but out of town contractors. Different company to work for
Management Was unpleasant
Cad Drafter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2018
The trade was monotonous and was satisfying however the misled projects under poor management gave the trade a suspect feel. Other than that a typical day was very productive.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
poor management
Good
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2018
RK Mechanical, is a good company. I worked with a lot of good people. If given another opportunity in the future. I would gladly work with RK Mechanical.
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2018
they value their employees, if you can get past the probationary period your all good. room for advancement and plenty of work to keep you busy for the next 2 yrs.
Pros
job sercuity
Cons
no personal time
Great company
Internship as Project Engineer- Gaylord Hotel (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2018
RK wants you to be sucessful. Has many outlets to advance and learn more and grow with the company. Would recommed to anyone that wants to work for a large subcontractor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours at times
Lack of organization and poor management
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COMarch 14, 2018
Work place and work orders are unorganized and counter productive. All management lacks the skills and respect to run this company successfully. Quality is not a priority for this company and the products are pushed when they are not up to welding codes.
Place was great
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2018
I really enjoyed RK Mechanical. It was a great place to grow a career and get to learn a lot of hands of information about mechanical subcontracting and construction as a whole.
Pros
Cool People
Cons
If you're not a good ol boy then you wont fit in...
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2018
or get career advancement opportunities. My manager in particular had a small group of people that they looked out for and all other were pretty much on their own. I aired out all of my grievances and turned in a notice only to have them allow me to still quit instead of trying to salvage the relationship and improve retention.
heartless, not loyal, smoking mirriors, cheap skate, money hungry owners!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2018
This place is a joke! Owners say one thing then do the other. They expect the world but are the lowest mechanical contractor in town. they have their hands in way too many cookie jars and forget that contracting is there bread and butter and unless you're part of the "good ole boy" group kiss you bonus or profit share goodbye. Its a shame too, they have lost a lot of good people in the contracting department all because they stopped taking care of their people. If the owners pulled the heads out of their wallets and got back to their roots I think their employees would be much happier.
Pros
They will hire just about anybody
Cons
They dont take care of their people
Very cut throat nasty employees many drug addicts
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2018
These guys are really bad at what they do and like to do it over and over and over
A bunch of clowns they don’t know how to fabricate or install they are in able to learn from others from the outside
Pros
Cons
They are in business is a con
Not personal
Pre-Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2018
Did not feel there was much room for advancement. Did not agree with certain work practice's and general ethics. Poor benefits and low pay. Did enjoy fellow employees.
Great work if you like a terrible work enviroment.
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 17, 2018
Great pay for the kind of work you do. Terrible management reinforced by terrible human resources. They will try to relocate you to Utah even if you have thoroughly expressed that you don't want to go to Utah.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Literally everything else