RK Mechanical Employee Reviews

People where helpful & was a great job
Solderer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2018
We where very helpful and we took care of each other's back on safety wise and had meetings every morning to check every area that everyone was assign to for production and order material or supplies that we needed to complete what we where working on or to see who needed any help to cut up on there area and the foreman & the superintendent where so humble and never put down no one and where so professional.
Pros
Every month free luch for everyone, they'll supply you with your basic power tools and with school
Management is horrible
Project Forman (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2018
I came to them to advance my career and instead I think it was the WORST job I’ve ever had. They treat you like slaves. No one on our job site is happy. Our turnover rate is like 6ppl a week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very very poor management
High pace
Scheduler Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2018
Fast paced
In house opportunity's
Should interact more with shop & field personnel
Good Culture Safety very good
Hard timelines for production
I enjoyed the fast pace
Pros
In house training
Cons
Managment interaction
They are an overall good company. But the people they hire aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
This company had me working for 2 years straight. They’ve kept me busy. The Company is owned by two brothers and they are amazing people. They were very generous to start me off at $16.00 an hour as an apprentice.
Pros
Get paid $16.00 off the bat guaranteed.
Cons
Short breaks, cut-throat business, most bosses will say they care about safety, but when you aren’t fast in production because of safety rules they have in place, they boot you.
Journeyman III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2018
They had it out for me right out of the shoot. Had all documentation of physical and mental health yet they ran me off for attendance. Good money but out of town contractors. Different company to work for
Management Was unpleasant
Cad Drafter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2018
The trade was monotonous and was satisfying however the misled projects under poor management gave the trade a suspect feel. Other than that a typical day was very productive.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
poor management
Good
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2018
RK Mechanical, is a good company. I worked with a lot of good people. If given another opportunity in the future. I would gladly work with RK Mechanical.
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2018
they value their employees, if you can get past the probationary period your all good. room for advancement and plenty of work to keep you busy for the next 2 yrs.
Pros
job sercuity
Cons
no personal time
Great company
Internship as Project Engineer- Gaylord Hotel (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2018
RK wants you to be sucessful. Has many outlets to advance and learn more and grow with the company. Would recommed to anyone that wants to work for a large subcontractor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours at times
Lack of organization and poor management
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COMarch 14, 2018
Work place and work orders are unorganized and counter productive. All management lacks the skills and respect to run this company successfully. Quality is not a priority for this company and the products are pushed when they are not up to welding codes.
Place was great
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2018
I really enjoyed RK Mechanical. It was a great place to grow a career and get to learn a lot of hands of information about mechanical subcontracting and construction as a whole.
Pros
Cool People
Cons
If you're not a good ol boy then you wont fit in...
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2018
or get career advancement opportunities. My manager in particular had a small group of people that they looked out for and all other were pretty much on their own. I aired out all of my grievances and turned in a notice only to have them allow me to still quit instead of trying to salvage the relationship and improve retention.
heartless, not loyal, smoking mirriors, cheap skate, money hungry owners!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2018
This place is a joke! Owners say one thing then do the other. They expect the world but are the lowest mechanical contractor in town. they have their hands in way too many cookie jars and forget that contracting is there bread and butter and unless you're part of the "good ole boy" group kiss you bonus or profit share goodbye. Its a shame too, they have lost a lot of good people in the contracting department all because they stopped taking care of their people. If the owners pulled the heads out of their wallets and got back to their roots I think their employees would be much happier.
Pros
They will hire just about anybody
Cons
They dont take care of their people
Very cut throat nasty employees many drug addicts
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2018
These guys are really bad at what they do and like to do it over and over and over
A bunch of clowns they don’t know how to fabricate or install they are in able to learn from others from the outside
Pros
Cons
They are in business is a con
Not personal
Pre-Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2018
Did not feel there was much room for advancement. Did not agree with certain work practice's and general ethics. Poor benefits and low pay. Did enjoy fellow employees.
Great work if you like a terrible work enviroment.
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 17, 2018
Great pay for the kind of work you do. Terrible management reinforced by terrible human resources. They will try to relocate you to Utah even if you have thoroughly expressed that you don't want to go to Utah.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Literally everything else
High stress low pay
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2018
The management of this company demand a lot from its employees and from my experience does not pay for the demands. They are also not willing to give their employees the tools necessary to succeed.
Beware; Too good to be true
Colorado - Plumber (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2018
This employer is one of the biggest in the Denver area and they aren't too worried about losing productive guys because they afford to hire anyone and fix they're mishaps. Not a positive work environment. They did have pretty good benefits tho.
Extremly productive company with a perfect start to up coming tradesmen
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2017
This was by far the most exciting company to start my plumbering career. They had schooling for all certifications/liecenses and safety courses. The management was very involved with every activity and employee
Owner is not for the folks he employes
AP (Former Employee) –  Denevr CODecember 6, 2017
The people acted like robots everyone was afraid to speak out, when they knew something was wrong. If the owner was around they were scared to talk unless they were kissing up
Pros
good location to where I lived
Cons
Owner