RLS Logistics Employee Reviews

Unproductive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 5, 2019
Forklift Operators there drive unsafe. It"s only a matter of time before someone gets injured.. they give the forklift drivers 20 dollars for every truck they load. thats not a good idea since those drivers are forgetting about safety.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Would love to go back
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 1, 2019
Awesome great people to work for. I would go back in a heartbeat. They are great people they really seem to care for you. I was a yard spotter there and I worked there just moving trailers in and out of the dock doors and started the reefers.
Growing company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMarch 11, 2019
Good company fair and honest people , room for growth and there willing to train there people, good management , overall a good place to work , fast pace
Pros
Good management
Cons
Very stressful and not friendly
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJOctober 24, 2018
This place was stressful from day one. They put people in charge who cant speak to no one with respect. But dont care when reported to management they look the other way. What a joke
Pros
Cons
Management sucks they only care about their favorites
November 12, 2018

Yeah, our business is demanding, fast paced and both of those things can be stressful which is why we reiterate from the time you interview that RLS is not a place for those that are looking for a job where they can hit the cruise control button. We are moving and shaking every day we walk in the door and that is what many of us love about working here.

Wonderful
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NJAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed that job I wish I could of stayed there.Its showed me ihad it takes to make myself grow in family company it was a wonderful job and an adventure.
Pros
All the above
November 12, 2018

We love that you loved your time with us! Best wishes to you and thanks for the feedback.

No raises cut back on overtime not paid for all the work you do
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 1, 2018
Well under paid for all the work one does
Management treat you like your replaceable only have 3 forklift operator working in one building and still expected to get all the work done. Don't give you the right equipment for the cold worst warehouse I ever worked at n mostly no appreciation for all the work you do
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Evrything new managment sucks treat people like dogs
November 12, 2018

We are all animal lovers here and treat our dogs like kings and queens so what you are saying is we must be treating our people in the Pittston facility like royalty! Thanks for the feedback!

It gets very cold
Fulfillment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 18, 2018
It's a freezer warehouse environment. Come prepared with own freezer suit, gloves, and warm boots. Don't apply if you don't do well in cold unless going for office job.
Pros
1 Hour lunches
Cons
extreme cold
Company can be deceiving
Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 16, 2018
Your work expectations constantly change and the job duties frequently change. The company also values profits over the safety of its workforce. There is little investment in the buildings they already own.
November 12, 2018

Sorry to see that you feel we value profit over safety as nothing could be further from the truth. Sometimes perceptions can also be deceiving and it sounds like you may have been misguided in what you are basing your comments on. If you are in a job where the expectations and duties aren't changing, then the company is not growing or keeping up with the changing demands our industry and customers expect. Sorry our pace was a bit too fast for you but thanks for the feedback.

OK place to work
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMarch 27, 2018
Ok place of business work is work duties have to be handled,Day to Day hard fast pace work meaning you have to keep up and stay fit,Push yourself the time your at work so they see you want the job working hard you always get better results
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Breaks 30hr maybe 45min.
great company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2018
I have been working at RLS Logistics for 6 months now. The company culture is fantastic and that trickles down starting at the top. From the start it is very evident that being Humble staying Hungry while being people Smart is what makes the company culture so mesmerizing.
At RLS Logistics any needed action takes place very swiftly. It is refreshing to see how an effective leadership team can basically move mountains.
Pros
clear expectations leave guess work out of the work environment, Cool warehousing is refreshing coming from 100 deg plus environment in Houston, HR department is the best I have had the pleasure to work with
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 28, 2018
This company is growing quickly. Many good opportunities for the right person with the right attitude. Executive management always has an ear towards good ideas and suggestions. The company CEO's encourage continuing education, as well as providing on site learning courses for motivated personnel. Work atmosphere can be best described as "collaborative" as it's not uncommon to see managers and supervisors working along side their team members in production areas. Company provides fair wages, decent benefits, and an excellent Vacation/PTO plan.
Great Company with very supportive management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I can't say enough about this company. RLS has been growing at a rapid pace which has given great opportunity to its employees to grow with. The management team is extremely supportive and helpful. They really strive for everyone to have that "work life balance".
Pros
Fair hours, Good pay compensation
Great Work Opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 28, 2018
Great company with great culture. Strong focus on smart growth and success. Not afraid to invest in the company and its employees. Opportunity for advancement throughout their various business units.
Recent Hire to the RLS Family and glad to be associated and involved
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 27, 2018
A standard day would include reviewing the day to day operation with site leadership, troubleshooting internal issues, and completing workload in an acceptable time frame. I can say the culture is discussed from top to bottom and bottom to top scenario. From day one on the job the Humble, Hungry, Smart mind set has been discussed on daily internal meetings, 90 day reviews and annual reviews. This mindset is not just a talking point but a way of doing business with not just customers but at all levels of the organization. If you have been involved with Logistics/Transportation field it is fast paced and it is no different with this company. Best part about the day is when everyone goes home the same way they came in and the work is completed.
Pros
Family involved group, ELT willing to listen and learn, Team members are treated with respect, added bonus points for a job well done, lunches, high fives, awards for going above and beyond daily work tasks
Cons
Definitely cold, Small drop lot for staging inbound trailers/carriers
Great Company to Work For.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJFebruary 27, 2018
RLS is a great company to work for. They are fair, honest and support a place of values. It can be hectic at times but other times it’s slow. Management goes the extra mile to tell you and show you how much your appreciated. The owners treat you well also. Career Advancememt is also possible.

They are big on core values and being humble.
Pros
Enviroment, Compensation & Company Values
Cons
Sometimes Hectic
Very professional, family owned business.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 22, 2018
Great place to work, with people that really care about acting in the best interest of the customer and company. Everyone's input and suggestions are respected, and in many cased, implemented.
Pros
Culture and opportunity
Cons
none really
Great Place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJFebruary 22, 2018
At RLS Logisitcis we work the task and not the clock. We hold each other accountable from the bottom to the top and the top to the bottom. We treat each other with respect and we learn from our mistakes. I could not think of a better group of people to surround myself with on a daily basis.
Horrible
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 16, 2018
Terrible work environment with management trying to turn everyone against each other. Mandatory 6-7 day work weeks. Terrible management. DO NOT WORK HERE EVER!!
Pros
No cattle prods
Cons
long hours, bad management, toxic workplace
Advancement Opportunities!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJNovember 28, 2017
RLS is a large 3PL organization with great advancement opportunities. They are a diverse, customer centered organization and because of that you have the opportunity to learn about warehousing, transportation, accounting, brokerage, eCommerce and much more.

The best part of the company is definitely the people, both office and warehouse staff. They make you feel like you're a part of a big family as you tackle the daily challenges together. RLS is constantly working on new ideas as an employer of choice, from flexible scheduling, the LEO Academy, quarterly bonuses based on key performance metrics for all employees and much more.

The work itself is not a walk in the park but it's very fulfilling to know you contribute to the company's success every day, regardless of what position you hold. If you work hard, learn as much as you can and give 100% everyday you will be noticed and rewarded. If the opportunity arose I would definitely return back to RLS, as they're an organization that is well on their way to being an industry leader among 3PL companies.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great coworkers, growth potential, company lunch on friday's
Productive place to work
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJNovember 13, 2017
Working at RLS was a team effort. It was a great environment to work in. There were many different cultures working together. i loved every minute of it.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Cold work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RLS Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.