RLS Logistics Employee Reviews in Newfield, NJ

Bad workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  NewfieldJune 17, 2019
It was not a great place to work didnt get enough hours and the pay wasn't great I wouldn't work there and poor management and a dirty place to work never go back
Unproductive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 5, 2019
Forklift Operators there drive unsafe. It"s only a matter of time before someone gets injured.. they give the forklift drivers 20 dollars for every truck they load. thats not a good idea since those drivers are forgetting about safety.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Would love to go back
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 1, 2019
Awesome great people to work for. I would go back in a heartbeat. They are great people they really seem to care for you. I was a yard spotter there and I worked there just moving trailers in and out of the dock doors and started the reefers.
Growing company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMarch 11, 2019
Good company fair and honest people , room for growth and there willing to train there people, good management , overall a good place to work , fast pace
Pros
Good management
Cons
Very stressful and not friendly
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJOctober 24, 2018
This place was stressful from day one. They put people in charge who cant speak to no one with respect. But dont care when reported to management they look the other way. What a joke
Pros
Cons
Management sucks they only care about their favorites
November 12, 2018

Yeah, our business is demanding, fast paced and both of those things can be stressful which is why we reiterate from the time you interview that RLS is not a place for those that are looking for a job where they can hit the cruise control button. We are moving and shaking every day we walk in the door and that is what many of us love about working here.

A company struggling to grow
Operations/Sales/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJJune 25, 2018
RLS is a company that wants to play with the big boys but isn't quite sure how to get there just yet. Their intentions are good but sometimes their execution leaves a little to be desired.
November 12, 2018

We don't want to play with the big boys, we want to BE the big boys and every day we are hustling to make that a reality. Our mission takes committed employees who are humble, hungry and smart and are up for and committed to a challenge. Sorry if it our drive was too much for you but we do appreciate your time with us. Thanks for the feedback.

It gets very cold
Fulfillment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 18, 2018
It's a freezer warehouse environment. Come prepared with own freezer suit, gloves, and warm boots. Don't apply if you don't do well in cold unless going for office job.
Pros
1 Hour lunches
Cons
extreme cold
Company can be deceiving
Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMay 16, 2018
Your work expectations constantly change and the job duties frequently change. The company also values profits over the safety of its workforce. There is little investment in the buildings they already own.
November 12, 2018

Sorry to see that you feel we value profit over safety as nothing could be further from the truth. Sometimes perceptions can also be deceiving and it sounds like you may have been misguided in what you are basing your comments on. If you are in a job where the expectations and duties aren't changing, then the company is not growing or keeping up with the changing demands our industry and customers expect. Sorry our pace was a bit too fast for you but thanks for the feedback.

OK place to work
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJMarch 27, 2018
Ok place of business work is work duties have to be handled,Day to Day hard fast pace work meaning you have to keep up and stay fit,Push yourself the time your at work so they see you want the job working hard you always get better results
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Breaks 30hr maybe 45min.
Great Company with very supportive management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I can't say enough about this company. RLS has been growing at a rapid pace which has given great opportunity to its employees to grow with. The management team is extremely supportive and helpful. They really strive for everyone to have that "work life balance".
Pros
Fair hours, Good pay compensation
Great Company to Work For.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJFebruary 27, 2018
RLS is a great company to work for. They are fair, honest and support a place of values. It can be hectic at times but other times it’s slow. Management goes the extra mile to tell you and show you how much your appreciated. The owners treat you well also. Career Advancememt is also possible.

They are big on core values and being humble.
Pros
Enviroment, Compensation & Company Values
Cons
Sometimes Hectic
Advancement Opportunities!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJNovember 28, 2017
RLS is a large 3PL organization with great advancement opportunities. They are a diverse, customer centered organization and because of that you have the opportunity to learn about warehousing, transportation, accounting, brokerage, eCommerce and much more.

The best part of the company is definitely the people, both office and warehouse staff. They make you feel like you're a part of a big family as you tackle the daily challenges together. RLS is constantly working on new ideas as an employer of choice, from flexible scheduling, the LEO Academy, quarterly bonuses based on key performance metrics for all employees and much more.

The work itself is not a walk in the park but it's very fulfilling to know you contribute to the company's success every day, regardless of what position you hold. If you work hard, learn as much as you can and give 100% everyday you will be noticed and rewarded. If the opportunity arose I would definitely return back to RLS, as they're an organization that is well on their way to being an industry leader among 3PL companies.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great coworkers, growth potential, company lunch on friday's
Productive place to work
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJNovember 13, 2017
Working at RLS was a team effort. It was a great environment to work in. There were many different cultures working together. i loved every minute of it.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Cold work environment
Stressful and a very fast pace
Yard jockey / stand up forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJOctober 27, 2017
I like working here but they are times that it's all rush rush the drivers all have appointments to get loaded some of them get their five six hours late when it's time for us to go home. They show up and we have to stay and load the trucks. That's not fair to us but it's okay for everyone else to leave at there time and we have to stay so it's not really a company that holds up to their theme of it's a family time business.
Pros
Co-workers and workers get along some supervisors
Cons
Some supervisors lack communication with a forklift operators
Focused on the Future
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJJuly 5, 2017
I was hired by RLS a few years ago and have seen a huge change in the direction of the company. Old supervisors I started under (and their attitudes) are gone. Team members are encouraged to think for themselves and make decisions. Management often refers to the work we do as "running our own business". I truly believe that the decisions I make do make a difference in the success of the company. Recently, I have seen several people promoted and given a lot more responsibility. These people haven't even been here as long as I have but that just motivates me to do better. They even have all this training you can take to help you advance if you want. The standard is high and keeps going up. It wouldn't surprise me to see RLS on one of those "Best places to Work" lists soon.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible supervisors, good pay with incentive programs, Leo Academy training
Cons
Some older employees with the "that's the way we've always done it" attitude
Exciting and great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJJuly 3, 2017
RLS Logistics continues to grow which is very exciting to be a part of. Ownership clearly defines the company vision and mission and supports the team with a hands on approach. The company's culture and structure allow the team to make decisions promptly. There are no layers to work through to get things done. RLS continues to hire and works hard to attract and retain top talent in the industry. My manager communicates with me constantly, delivering the message from the leadership team. There are no surprises, the messages are clear. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Hands on, prompt decision, respectful team atmosphere
Executive (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJJuly 3, 2017
A growing company with a great culture. They are investing a lot into their people (training, managing, etc) and it shows. No other family business is doing what they do in terms of recognizing and rewarding their people. Overall a great place to work...they will help you realize the American Dream!
Pros
Great management team, free lunches on Friday, culture
Great Family Owned Company
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJJune 29, 2017
RLS is continuously growing. The job is what you make it. There is always opportunity to grow if you want it. Open door policy makes it easy to speak your mind.The work can be stressful, but the people you work with always make it that much better. Culture is changing and for the overall better of the company. Great place to work.
A good company with opportunity for advancement for those who want it and will work for it
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Newfield, NJJune 13, 2017
RLS is a good company with a great vision of where they are headed. Yes you have to work hard, yes you have long hours but you are paid fairly are recognized for your efforts in many different ways. They are the only company locally that offers many of the rewards that they do (pay weekly but daily pay is also available, training, money rewards, discounts, many company events) and they are always adding more. They are always looking to promote from within for those that are willing to work for it. They aren't afraid to invest in their people who show and work toward it.
Pros
Free lunches, relaxed environment, rewards, daily pay option, company events
Cons
Long hours are expected but they are in most warehouses
If you're not spanish don't bother
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NJFebruary 15, 2017
No support from supervision. Expected to read minds, will talk about your accountability but only if you're not Spanish. Warehouse supervision is non exsistant. Horrible experience, if you can find another place to work do not work here.
Pros
Cons
everything
August 19, 2017

We're so sorry you did not enjoy your time working with us. We wish you the best as you search out the right fit for you. Gracias!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RLS Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.