RML Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

Not a good work environment ...Nurse Manager never stood for her staff she also showed favoritism
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 3, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work at the Hinsdale location the management there was terrible there is no room for growth and they were always short-staffed most of the employees their doesn't care about their work performances and management showed favoritism all the time on B1. The during the time of my employment I was not happy working here there was no room for growth management showed favoritism I would not recommend anyone work for this company if they plan on moving ahead unless you are friends with the manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule for school purposes
Cons
Constantly Short staffed
Gone downhill
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago and HinsdaleNovember 16, 2018
This used to be a place where almost all of my co-workers enjoyed coming to every day. However, it slowly became a place where no one cares! Back stabbing, being short-staffed, and if you had something to say to your Director about the job, the response was "If you don't like it, there's the door!" The general attitude is "You should be grateful to have this job!" The pay is pretty low for the work that is expected. Now, employees are cranky and can't wait for their shift to end! It's no wonder they have such a hard time filling open positions! I think they pay better at Walmart!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Uncaring attitudes of Management
Great moral. Awesome place to work.
Wound Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for RML. Admin/Management/Staff are humble and love what they do. I took a position with increased responsibility but the policies in place kept my pay lateral. I do not harbor negative thoughts or feelings for RML's policies but I do wish a revision could be made for those technical positions created by the company. Overall, RML is a great place!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Staffing
Rml
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJanuary 2, 2019
I like working at RML have gotten great experience and there are some great healthcare providers employed here. Management needs some organization and better communication with staff.
Stable workplace
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2018
A typical day would include general duties of a staff Respiratory Therapist. I learned quite a lot working at RML. The patients are complex and have multiple challenging diagnosis. Management is wonderful. RML cares about you and the patients. It is a little hospital family. It is a respiratory hospital so if you are a respiratory therapist you feel right at home. The workplace culture can be stressful as any hospital system is. Employees are welcoming. I enjoy making the patients smile and feel comfortable.
Pros
Busy work envirnoment
Cons
Pay is low for Chicago.
Management lack professionalism
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
Lack of professionalism with management and the pay isn't good. Work assignments are based on friendship rather than patient's needs. When being introduced to new products that can be beneficial to patients, staff are reluctant to change.
Pros
lunch deducted from pay, free parking, 12hr shifts
Cons
low pay, equipment is old, staff unfriendly, no career advancment
Typical day of Work
2nd Shift Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2018
Checking the equipment on the computer for alarms that may have a cured before or doing my shift, walked my rounds for second check of the equipment visually, before starting PM's of equipment that was delegated to me from the first of the month, and can't forget of taking care of house calls through out my shift.
Tough but manageable
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2018
RML is a tough place to start for a new RN, and it takes time to begin to feel comfortable taking care of patients with multiple, serious comorbidities. However, most of the staff including clinical supervisor and manager are helpful and supportive.
Pros
clean, not as many admission/discharges as acute hospitals, learn solid clinical skills
Cons
heavy patient load on some days, not enough education provided to RN's
Great place to learn a lot of things
Staff level position (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 9, 2018
RML is a great place to work. Some managers need to be replaced but overall, RML knows where they are going and have a lot of knowledge. You have staff that needs to be replaced that will make RML an even better place to work.
Pros
Managers, learning capabilities
Cons
parking
Fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Get your report from day shift and start my rounds taking vitals and accu checks making sure ekg leads are on and functioning properly. Performing bladder scans and providing oral care also cleaning the patient.
Pros
the nurses are willing to teach you things that you don't know
Cons
some times your short staffed
This place
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 18, 2017
used to be a great place to work. Things were done to keep the employee moral up but they're not done anymore, at least not in my department. Non-clinical management are not skilled at their positions and don't offer any training. Multiple task are handed out in the afternoon in my department yet management expects you to have all of the answers for them by days end which is usually an hour 1/2 after giving us the task.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
No room for advancement, training is scarce
Nice place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Nice, durable and comfortable place to work if you enjoy dealing with patients, patients' relatives and Coworkers. A typical day at work is getting report from the Unit Secretary that is about to leave for the day, checking on the patients to be sure they are alright; doing the boards, filing, data entry, preparing MD Rounds, etc. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the pettiness from my Coworkers who like to keep up confusion between the staff. There is poor Management due to the fact that the Managers and Supervisors have tendency of covering up for each other when mistakes are made by the Nurses and each other. A good enjoyable part of the day/my job is when we have no Emergency Discharges, Rapid Responses, Code Blue or Deaths. This means that the patients are well taken care of and they are resting comfortable and pain free. Keeping my patients at ease and smiling is a good thing for me.
Pros
You get to do overtime when you need it.
Cons
Short breaks
Save your back
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 17, 2017
This place can really do a number on your body if you work here long enough as a patient care tech or nurse. For the money that they pay an hour, it is not worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Work Hours/Body Takes a Beating
Very Nice Place to Work For
Patient Care Technician /Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 18, 2017
A very nice place to work I have a lots of experience working for
I would still be there if I had not move out of town,
they provide a very comforted break area, I liked the way family member were treated well
good team player
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 27, 2017
on my daily work I have learned in my 40years in health care to give all I have to be more compassion to values good customer service I look at my patients and family how treat other how you want to be treated. this saying goes far beyond simply being kind to people,
or going out of your way to be available or helpful to those in need.
I love how working in healthcare has forced me to become more confident,
the hardest part there is nothing really hard about my job I find must a good communicational skills
the most enjoyable part of the job; Getting the job done, so I can do whatever I can help out to be a team player
Pros
coffee
Cons
Realizing
Excellent Management and staff!
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
I am a registry employee with RML. They are very good at giving me time to come in and get the patient's test done efficiently. There are 2 locations that I travel to. The management and staff are always very good at letting me know what location needs something done at.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Less hours
Summer Intern
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 17, 2017
I worked as an office assistant and the job was very easy. I had to do basic office tasks and simple stuff. I was only here for the summer but the people are nice and it's a good environment.
Excellent team !
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Hires new grads, excellent place to gain strong nursing skills ! Lots of learning opportunities ;high pace .Awesome managers, excellent benefits. No chance for advance in your career .
Pros
team
Cons
no opportunities for advancement
Would not recommend.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 24, 2012
The managers are very demeaning and as a pct you are on your own. Very few nurses like to help and a majority of them are so stressed by the managers they have attitudes and clearly burnt or burning out. There is no BIG bonus and there is a lot of favoritism and unfair actions. If you want to have your work go unappreciated and feel like you don't know how to do your job, this is the place for you.
Pros
12 hour shifts only
Cons
management all the way to corporate
mismanaged,unorganized
pct (Current Employee) –  chicagoDecember 5, 2012
this is a good place to work if u like to feel underpaid and unappreciated, iif u r not in resp. then your position is not secure pcts are made to do every depts. work ie...dietary,housekeeping,resp,unit sec.,,even some of the nurses will ask u to change dressings but they r no when to b found for lift/turn assistance , no one from any dept. is willing to help them,the nurse managers r overbearing,and dont know how to run the floors. .
Pros
convenient if u live in city
Cons
low pay, no appreciation, too many chiefs not enough indians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RML Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

RML Specialty Hospital Reviews by Location