RML Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stable workplace
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2018
A typical day would include general duties of a staff Respiratory Therapist. I learned quite a lot working at RML. The patients are complex and have multiple challenging diagnosis. Management is wonderful. RML cares about you and the patients. It is a little hospital family. It is a respiratory hospital so if you are a respiratory therapist you feel right at home. The workplace culture can be stressful as any hospital system is. Employees are welcoming. I enjoy making the patients smile and feel comfortable.
Pros
Busy work envirnoment
Cons
Pay is low for Chicago.
Typical day of Work
2nd Shift Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2018
Checking the equipment on the computer for alarms that may have a cured before or doing my shift, walked my rounds for second check of the equipment visually, before starting PM's of equipment that was delegated to me from the first of the month, and can't forget of taking care of house calls through out my shift.
Great place to learn a lot of things
Staff level position (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 9, 2018
RML is a great place to work. Some managers need to be replaced but overall, RML knows where they are going and have a lot of knowledge. You have staff that needs to be replaced that will make RML an even better place to work.
Pros
Managers, learning capabilities
Cons
parking
Fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Get your report from day shift and start my rounds taking vitals and accu checks making sure ekg leads are on and functioning properly. Performing bladder scans and providing oral care also cleaning the patient.
Pros
the nurses are willing to teach you things that you don't know
Cons
some times your short staffed
Tough but manageable
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2018
RML is a tough place to start for a new RN, and it takes time to begin to feel comfortable taking care of patients with multiple, serious comorbidities. However, most of the staff including clinical supervisor and manager are helpful and supportive.
Pros
clean, not as many admission/discharges as acute hospitals, learn solid clinical skills
Cons
heavy patient load on some days, not enough education provided to RN's
Save your back
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 17, 2017
This place can really do a number on your body if you work here long enough as a patient care tech or nurse. For the money that they pay an hour, it is not worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Work Hours/Body Takes a Beating
Very Nice Place to Work For
Patient Care Technician /Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 18, 2017
A very nice place to work I have a lots of experience working for
I would still be there if I had not move out of town,
they provide a very comforted break area, I liked the way family member were treated well
Summer Intern
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 17, 2017
I worked as an office assistant and the job was very easy. I had to do basic office tasks and simple stuff. I was only here for the summer but the people are nice and it's a good environment.
Nice place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Nice, durable and comfortable place to work if you enjoy dealing with patients, patients' relatives and Coworkers. A typical day at work is getting report from the Unit Secretary that is about to leave for the day, checking on the patients to be sure they are alright; doing the boards, filing, data entry, preparing MD Rounds, etc. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the pettiness from my Coworkers who like to keep up confusion between the staff. There is poor Management due to the fact that the Managers and Supervisors have tendency of covering up for each other when mistakes are made by the Nurses and each other. A good enjoyable part of the day/my job is when we have no Emergency Discharges, Rapid Responses, Code Blue or Deaths. This means that the patients are well taken care of and they are resting comfortable and pain free. Keeping my patients at ease and smiling is a good thing for me.
Pros
You get to do overtime when you need it.
Cons
Short breaks
This place
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 18, 2017
used to be a great place to work. Things were done to keep the employee moral up but they're not done anymore, at least not in my department. Non-clinical management are not skilled at their positions and don't offer any training. Multiple task are handed out in the afternoon in my department yet management expects you to have all of the answers for them by days end which is usually an hour 1/2 after giving us the task.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
No room for advancement, training is scarce

Want to know more about RML Specialty Hospital?

Ask a question
Excellent team !
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Hires new grads, excellent place to gain strong nursing skills ! Lots of learning opportunities ;high pace .Awesome managers, excellent benefits. No chance for advance in your career .
Pros
team
Cons
no opportunities for advancement
good team player
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 27, 2017
on my daily work I have learned in my 40years in health care to give all I have to be more compassion to values good customer service I look at my patients and family how treat other how you want to be treated. this saying goes far beyond simply being kind to people,
or going out of your way to be available or helpful to those in need.
I love how working in healthcare has forced me to become more confident,
the hardest part there is nothing really hard about my job I find must a good communicational skills
the most enjoyable part of the job; Getting the job done, so I can do whatever I can help out to be a team player
Pros
coffee
Cons
Realizing
Excellent work environment
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 25, 2017
The patient load is heavy as in medically complex. However the management is extremely supportive. Co-workers are extremely helpful and are very much about team work!
fastpaced highacuity patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 12, 2017
shifts can sometimes be short staffed and that leaves the pts the ones that suffer when staff is overworked. House Docs are nice and staff is friendly.
Pros
doctors and staff are fun to work with
Cons
expectatations are sometime unrealistic
Fieldwork Experience
LTACH OT (Levels 1, 2 Intern) (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 29, 2017
This was a wonderful educational experience. I felt that I was given the opportunity to grow and learn while also providing meaningful services to patients. I really enjoyed working with the rest of the staff and my Clinical Instructor was tough, but top notch.
It was okay place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 2, 2016
It was an ok place to work good moral for employees was flexible with scheduling benefits were expensive
Would have liked to wear own scrubs staff got along pretty well
Pros
Kept good moral for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Case Management Dept will work you to death!
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Great hospital speaking from a clinical perspective. Case management is very fast paced but enjoyable. The person who runs the place, a woman, has tantrums and yells at staff.
Pros
Great pay, the clinical staff really cares about what they are doing.
Cons
Long hours for salary employees, bosses who yell at staff
I liked what I was doing
Respiratory Theray practionar (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 6, 2016
Nice place to work
Busy day.
Hardest part was when a patient dies and enjoyable when they recover and spend time with family.
productive hard demanding labor
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2015
overall this is a good place to start a learning foundation. i would recommend working at the hinsdale location. i wouldnt recommend this position for women who have problems lifting as this is 60% of the job.
Great mangemet, always sensitive to emploee concerns/issues. Very good Medical Staff.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Regularl day includes: Huddle-begining of the shift, general info about patients on the whole unit. Then nursing report. Walking rounds, and additional info from reporting nurse, (great opportunity to check on received patients). Individual patients assessment. Then typical planning, implementing and evaluating rendered care. Followed by pertinent documentation in the medical record.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Scheduling, PTO policy