RMSI Employee Reviews

Terrible work environment
Remodel Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
I worked on the conversion team which was pretty cool for a couple months. I got to see most of the northeast and some of the midwest. Management was poor, drugs are a serious issue in this company. Lots of employees and management are addicted to meth, heroin, pain killers Etc. I was forced to go on a special project which cost me hours (went from working 60+ a week to maybe 30) and when I asked to get back on the conversion team the boss threatened to fire me. You're out on the road on the other side of the country with people you shouldn't ever trust (learned that one the hard way) you're stuck in a hotel with no car with horrible people that have nothing better to do than spread rumours that could potentially ruin someone's life.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Extremely long hours.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
I originally work wave. The wave consisted of going inside the stores and performing resets. We would get planograms when we clocked in and was assigned to a certain set. I recently got moved to doing conversions. With conversions, be ready to get little sleep. We would go in at 12pm and wouldn’t get off until 8am the next day. Extremely long hours. However it was not mandatory to work the extra hours. We did have to work at least 8 hours a day though. Great paying job.
Poor management, no training and no benefits
Team Lead Western Washington (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 9, 2018
When you work for RMSI, you get your hourly pay, maybe travel pay (if you qualify), the personal time now required by Washington state and that's it. There are NO incentives unless you are a lead or higher up in the company. NO holiday pay, vacation pay, 401k, health care, NOTHING. Your hours could be anywhere from 10-60 hrs a week and the management is terrible at planning the resets and communicating with the store your team goes into often leading to alot of resentment and frustration between the store employees and the reset team. They tell you that your schedule is from 10pm-8:30 am at your interview, but they could vary slightly depending on the work. They do NOT tell you that you can't leave the store until your set is done. I have worked anywhere from 2-16 hrs in day. Definitely not worth the life they suck out of you.
Pros
Good hourly pay, requires no skills or experience
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Only work here for a hobbie
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 24, 2018
The hours you actually get working here is a joke, it costs me more in gas then it's worth. My co-workers are awesome as well as managment, but the sever lack of hours makes this job not worth it unless your working just for something to do. Can't live off theses wages. Looking for a better job one I can live off.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Serious lack of hours
Garbage
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2018
Corporate can't get it's act together and the store associates are lazy and don't do thier jobs because they know you are coming to do it for them. When things go wrong either from up above or down below you are somehow to blame.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
So much
Good job to have but not to live on
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2018
Don't expect advancent, as they don't give raises, and the HR department seems like they are based on the moon considering how out of touch they are with employees and supervisors
Pros
3day weekends
Cons
Never full time hours
It's a good meantime time.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
A typical day is you start at 5am, and DON'T be late! Then you are given a planogram to set the area accordingly. You are working with customers flowing throughout the store so have to keep things tidy & help them if necessary. Most of the time you are working with a partner, occasionally alone. You cannot leave until everyone is done with their sets. You get 2 -15 min breaks. You do not get pay increase unless you are promoted to team lead. Turnover is high. Management is moody. Stores never know when you are coming.
Pros
Occasionally give you gift certificates
Cons
management is moody. no pay raise.
Good for kids out of high school
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 21, 2018
I got this job because I needed work. I started with the wave crew then went to the remodel crew. If you are not a kiss a@@ or been there for years you won't get hours. To much favoritism. No work at the end of the year. They hire people with more pay and them don't have hours for you. I learned a lot about merchandising and how to do resets and read a scamatic. Meet some great people. Just got tired of the travel and lack if work.
Pros
Paid mileage, get to travel to different hotels in different cities weeks at a time.
Cons
To many funny style people and favoritism
The hardest part of the job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2018
The hardest part of my job with RMSI was working the over night shift from 10p till 6a in the morning. and having to work a different store every night.
Pros
Cons
Did not like the over night shift
Way Over Worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2018
They tell you its four 10 hr shifts
i work 12-15 hr days every time
super high turn over at this job
way to many sets required to be done
not enough staff provided to execute the resets
good job to work for.
Special projects trainer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 6, 2018
the job is not very difficult can also present challenges. able to work from OJT training and thinking on your feet is very useful. the pay and benefits are quit competitive.
Very productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 27, 2018
The crew that I'm on keeps me very busy. I work any 8 hour shift and then some. Management isn't totally involved. I've learned to work at night. Most enjoyable is when I leave the store.
Poorly managed and under staffed work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 21, 2018
This company is riddled with nepotism and contradictions. Poor communication throughout the entire company. They will not hire full time, so you cannot receive benefits. The company will not let you leave the store unless all of the work is done, despite being understaffed and not having all of the proper equipment needed to complete the job.
company expects alot for little pay
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 14, 2018
you have to do lot in a short amount of time and the company is always complain about something and expecting more out off you each night and complain any how then when you do get the job done fast the cut your hours
This division is being run into the ground
ASSISTANT TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  North Texas areaMay 13, 2018
Upper management of this division has far to long been able to run the teams like their own personal fiefdom. By only promoting friends and relatives the moral of most regular employees is bottom of the barrel. Now that we have been bought by a larger company we hoped it would get better but alas it has not.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no health care for part time, schedules that change on a whim
good
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMay 1, 2018
If you don't like driving to random locations or sleeping during the day then this job in the best for you.
No working nights on friday and saturday.
good work, laid back if the high up managers arent there.
Wave Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAApril 30, 2018
good straight forward work, stocking, packaging and labeling. although you dont want to be there when the company supeervisors are there. Good atmosphere at RMSI although employees are quite lazy.
good team makes all the difference
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAApril 20, 2018
In california most of the stores were hours away so they put you up in a motel. Which was nice because there are some beautiful places. each month you would recieve your schematic and achieve it at each location. Management started to get a little worse towards the end but at the beginning they all seemed to know what they were doing apposed towards the end all they wanted to do is party. The toughest part of the job was finding locations for backstock in some stores. Some stores are so small that they only order what they can hold.Leaving no space for new product. The most enjoyable time is completing and assignment and having the area look like new again.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
A poor crew can make an 8 hr job 12hrs. long
fast paced , enjoyed type of work I did as well as my coworkers
Reset Merchandiser/ Logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
this company"s current managment does not care about employees, did things how they wanted them not the morally correct way. I enjoyed the work I did and my co woverrkers.built pallets of store fixtures and set up their delivery, reset assigned sections to current schematicds
Pros
love the travel when it was aVAIABLLE
Cons
lack of communication, drama, last minute way of handleing things
Good people caught on fast
Crew (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2018
Learned on how to re-set the right way, the people there helped with anything you needed help with. the hardest part was figuring out how to read a schematic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.