RMSI Employee Reviews

Wouldnt recommend this job to my worst enemy terrible company to work for
Merchandiser resets (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAOctober 17, 2018
This job sucks the lead sucked the higher ups suck didn't like anything about this company unfair show favoritism hard work not paid enough for the hard work you do and having to put up with a grouchy lead who is always whining about something.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Dont do it
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills NJOctober 16, 2018
Bust your ads, no raises ever, have some self respect and move on. They will over work you And then tell you that you work too slow even when you hustle.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, hard work, no raises
Terrible company stay away!
Wave Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 10, 2018
Worst place ever, stay away! Hours always inconsistent, lots of travel with no reimbursement, leads never properly prepared, wave trainers clique oriented!
Not what I expected
Reset specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 3, 2018
I have a lot of experience in resets and was just dumbfounded by the lack of communication between the client a major grocer and RMSI as far as knowing when the team was arriving and the fact that the planograms were almost always incorrect and either were reprinted at the time of arrival or during a reset where upon you had to redo the set it was just aggravating
They hire persons with little or no experience so you need to train them as the leads have other things to do, you have to clean filthy shelves and the stores really don’t have adequate packing supplies so if need be carts are used instead
There are no benefits no sick days nor vacation days
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
No benefits lack of communication working conditions salary no overtime
"Stay away from this company!!"
MERCHANDISER/Wave (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2018
A day at work was not an easy task when it came to management, it is to much pressure from team Lead, They have their picks,
"NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK"
Pros
Na
Cons
No benefits, No hours, way to much "UNNECESSARY" PRESSURE from TEAM LEAD, No warning about BLACKSOUTS/LAYOFFS during the interview process, Horrible place to work for!.. Stay away from this company!!!!
what i learned
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WyomingSeptember 18, 2018
That a whistle blower is thrown under the bus. the women are paid more then the me. you are never given insurance, you are just a warm body, not for all
Pros
if you have a good team lead it is great
Cons
no benefits.
Fast paced work with not enough time to do it properly.
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 10, 2018
No real training. No advancement. Cut throat for any one who they feel is a threat or doesnt go along with clickish people on the team. Hours allotted to do work is divided by the number of employees on team. Write ups for employees are sent via email and not face to face so if you dont read your email on a daily basis you arent aware and there for never corrected (goes back to training new hires) and so employee evaluations are pretty much kept secret until you are fired or let go. The biggest problem with the work is the lack of proper training on company basics for the stores required standards for re sets.
Pros
Work goes by fast
Cons
No training, no room for advancement or pay raises, work hours are not steady throughout the year and that is not communicated to new hires.
Inconsistent and Backwards
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WASeptember 5, 2018
A lot of drama with inconsistent hours and never 4 day work weeks with 10 hours. No benefits and poor communication with management. Lack of privacy with employees and management.
Stay away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
I did a few years with this company. I can't say enough negative about the management here. They run the place not on merit but favoritism. If you are part of the "in" crowd it doesn't matter how terribly inept you are. They look down on and hold down real talent. This just a situation everyone should steer clear of.
Pros
Work
Cons
Poor management and lack of advancement
Terrible management, poor pay, aggressive atmosphere
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 28, 2018
Was just a terrible experience all the way around, management was bad, pay was low, employees were very aggressive and brown nosers - everyone wants a better shift, more hours, better job, etc.
Pros
part time
Cons
poor management, low pay, aggressive atmosphere
Great for traveling. They took us to Chicago and really went above and beyond to take care of us.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
They made sure we had comfortable places to sleep in nice areas. Since we were residing at hotels they compensated us $20 each day in order to eat properly. The transported us to and from work everyday and also paid for our drive. When I 1st started I thought it was too good to be true, This company really goes above and beyond to take care of their employees.
Pros
Food and board. Long hours with overtime
Productive work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 21, 2018
I actually like the job but when lead changed hours went down and no more travel time. So it wasn't worth working there anymore being that I drive a distant to work. The job was super easy you had to have a good eye for detail but super easy.
Terrible work environment
Remodel Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
I worked on the conversion team which was pretty cool for a couple months. I got to see most of the northeast and some of the midwest. Management was poor, drugs are a serious issue in this company. Lots of employees and management are addicted to meth, heroin, pain killers Etc. I was forced to go on a special project which cost me hours (went from working 60+ a week to maybe 30) and when I asked to get back on the conversion team the boss threatened to fire me. You're out on the road on the other side of the country with people you shouldn't ever trust (learned that one the hard way) you're stuck in a hotel with no car with horrible people that have nothing better to do than spread rumours that could potentially ruin someone's life.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Overall an easy job and pays good just not enough hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 10, 2018
The work is easy and can be fun. The supervisor of our remodel team really brought down moral by micro managing and gossiping about employees. Besides that the job is good!
Extremely long hours.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
I originally work wave. The wave consisted of going inside the stores and performing resets. We would get planograms when we clocked in and was assigned to a certain set. I recently got moved to doing conversions. With conversions, be ready to get little sleep. We would go in at 12pm and wouldn’t get off until 8am the next day. Extremely long hours. However it was not mandatory to work the extra hours. We did have to work at least 8 hours a day though. Great paying job.
Poor management, no training and no benefits
Team Lead Western Washington (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 9, 2018
When you work for RMSI, you get your hourly pay, maybe travel pay (if you qualify), the personal time now required by Washington state and that's it. There are NO incentives unless you are a lead or higher up in the company. NO holiday pay, vacation pay, 401k, health care, NOTHING. Your hours could be anywhere from 10-60 hrs a week and the management is terrible at planning the resets and communicating with the store your team goes into often leading to alot of resentment and frustration between the store employees and the reset team. They tell you that your schedule is from 10pm-8:30 am at your interview, but they could vary slightly depending on the work. They do NOT tell you that you can't leave the store until your set is done. I have worked anywhere from 2-16 hrs in day. Definitely not worth the life they suck out of you.
Pros
Good hourly pay, requires no skills or experience
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Only work here for a hobbie
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 24, 2018
The hours you actually get working here is a joke, it costs me more in gas then it's worth. My co-workers are awesome as well as managment, but the sever lack of hours makes this job not worth it unless your working just for something to do. Can't live off theses wages. Looking for a better job one I can live off.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Serious lack of hours
Garbage
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2018
Corporate can't get it's act together and the store associates are lazy and don't do thier jobs because they know you are coming to do it for them. When things go wrong either from up above or down below you are somehow to blame.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
So much
Good job to have but not to live on
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2018
Don't expect advancent, as they don't give raises, and the HR department seems like they are based on the moon considering how out of touch they are with employees and supervisors
Pros
3day weekends
Cons
Never full time hours
It's a good meantime time.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
A typical day is you start at 5am, and DON'T be late! Then you are given a planogram to set the area accordingly. You are working with customers flowing throughout the store so have to keep things tidy & help them if necessary. Most of the time you are working with a partner, occasionally alone. You cannot leave until everyone is done with their sets. You get 2 -15 min breaks. You do not get pay increase unless you are promoted to team lead. Turnover is high. Management is moody. Stores never know when you are coming.
Pros
Occasionally give you gift certificates
Cons
management is moody. no pay raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about