RMSI Employee Reviews

Poorly managed and under staffed work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 21, 2018
This company is riddled with nepotism and contradictions. Poor communication throughout the entire company. They will not hire full time, so you cannot receive benefits. The company will not let you leave the store unless all of the work is done, despite being understaffed and not having all of the proper equipment needed to complete the job.
This division is being run into the ground
ASSISTANT TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  North Texas areaMay 13, 2018
Upper management of this division has far to long been able to run the teams like their own personal fiefdom. By only promoting friends and relatives the moral of most regular employees is bottom of the barrel. Now that we have been bought by a larger company we hoped it would get better but alas it has not.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no health care for part time, schedules that change on a whim
good
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMay 1, 2018
If you don't like driving to random locations or sleeping during the day then this job in the best for you.
No working nights on friday and saturday.
good work, laid back if the high up managers arent there.
Wave Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAApril 30, 2018
good straight forward work, stocking, packaging and labeling. although you dont want to be there when the company supeervisors are there. Good atmosphere at RMSI although employees are quite lazy.
good team makes all the difference
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAApril 20, 2018
In california most of the stores were hours away so they put you up in a motel. Which was nice because there are some beautiful places. each month you would recieve your schematic and achieve it at each location. Management started to get a little worse towards the end but at the beginning they all seemed to know what they were doing apposed towards the end all they wanted to do is party. The toughest part of the job was finding locations for backstock in some stores. Some stores are so small that they only order what they can hold.Leaving no space for new product. The most enjoyable time is completing and assignment and having the area look like new again.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
A poor crew can make an 8 hr job 12hrs. long
fast paced , enjoyed type of work I did as well as my coworkers
Reset Merchandiser/ Logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
this company"s current managment does not care about employees, did things how they wanted them not the morally correct way. I enjoyed the work I did and my co woverrkers.built pallets of store fixtures and set up their delivery, reset assigned sections to current schematicds
Pros
love the travel when it was aVAIABLLE
Cons
lack of communication, drama, last minute way of handleing things
Good people caught on fast
Crew (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2018
Learned on how to re-set the right way, the people there helped with anything you needed help with. the hardest part was figuring out how to read a schematic.
productive and fun work place
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  las vegasMarch 12, 2018
i worked graveyard i would clock in at 10pm and wouldn't get out till 8am often i learned to work thru the night overtime often and hard work and heavy lifting the management wasn't well commutated with employees and the employers didn't communicate management
Playing favs
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  AZMarch 10, 2018
I loved working for the company at first. I started as an Asst. Then transferred to another team as an Asst. and I wasent being utalized in my position. The team lead knew I was an asst but kept referring to the other asst for help. The DM knew I wanted to be a team Lead and ends up giving it to someone else on the team. They play favorites!!!
Some people on the team only choose some things that they want to do and leave the rest for someone else! Lazy!!! They are ALWAYS hiring! Travel was always great !! If you want a job just to go to, not talk to anyone and don’t want advancement, then this job is for you!
Pros
Travel
Cons
No advancement, plays favorites, gossip is stressful
fun
Retail Project Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2018
if you like to travel and work with a team you are golden
great co workers
great atmosphere
great feedback and coaching
lots of travel and hotel stays
Good people to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise Id.March 6, 2018
RMSI likes to promote from within. Can be a good place for employment. They do take notice of employees who show that they are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Like any company supervisors can be good or bad.
Stressful but you set your own route, so make it great.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UsaFebruary 15, 2018
It really was a great job. But the hours flex up and down. You either have very few or to many. I was part time 15-20 hours a week but more weeks with 35-40. I didnt want a full time job, but you work it or get in trouble or lose your job
Pros
Set your own route
Cons
Crazy hours at times
Do not work here. Unprofessional hr.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  HawaiiFebruary 15, 2018
I worked there for 3 days. a lead complained that my pay was higher than hers. they took me off the schedule until i accepted a pay cut of 25%. when trying to discussed this with HR they ignored my phone calls and emails. very unprofessional. i didn't do anything to deserve this unfair treatment.
Bad management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2018
The supervisors and team leads had their "favorites". I was treated as if I didn't have any experience at all. Certain employees got special treatment.
Lack Luster
Schematic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 83706January 31, 2018
Did not have work a lot of the time, company had to many employees. Upper Management seemed a little lost on how to manage a company efficiently. Sub par entry level job into corporate America.
Easy and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2018
Work place is amazing and fun. Team lead was easy to get along with. Management always responds to you within a timely manner. You get cooking holidays off and only work Monday thru Thursday.
Pros
Hours, Pay, and Fun emviroment
Cons
Night job
very fast pace management very good to work with
Assistant Team Lead II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
go in early to print out schematics. Make sure you have all equipment order at store. at the end of the day make sure reset was done as schematic asked for. Worked in new items and double checked items that were discountinue. Everything we do is timed so have to make sure work is due in timely matter. Once done do store walk with management to check work that was done.
Pros
we get breaks every 3hrs idepending how many hours we work that day
Cons
depending how much work we have we may not work 40hrs aweek
A typical day at work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 21, 2017
Depended on whatever set you did. If you got something wrong you would hear about it. Get talked to about it. Sometimes it was easy, most days were stresful
Great job depending on what position you hold.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 19, 2017
I was doing conversions on the travel team. Pretty great. They pay for your hotel room, plus drive time, mileage, and a daily food reimbursement. We only worked 3 days a week with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, meaning wherever we were staying that week, we got to explore and enjoy the scenery on our days off...
Pros
Get Paid to travel
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle from driving so far.
it is a very nice parttime job to have. It will keep you busy and the people are very nice
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2017
This job keeps you very busy and the people are nice. I actually love it, I just wish that it had more hours and benefits. Learning new things and kind of working on your own is good. you have people there that help you but it is also nice to be on your own unless you need help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.