RMSI Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very fast pace management very good to work with
Assistant Team Lead II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
go in early to print out schematics. Make sure you have all equipment order at store. at the end of the day make sure reset was done as schematic asked for. Worked in new items and double checked items that were discountinue. Everything we do is timed so have to make sure work is due in timely matter. Once done do store walk with management to check work that was done.
Pros
we get breaks every 3hrs idepending how many hours we work that day
Cons
depending how much work we have we may not work 40hrs aweek
A typical day at work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 21, 2017
Depended on whatever set you did. If you got something wrong you would hear about it. Get talked to about it. Sometimes it was easy, most days were stresful
Great job depending on what position you hold.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 19, 2017
I was doing conversions on the travel team. Pretty great. They pay for your hotel room, plus drive time, mileage, and a daily food reimbursement. We only worked 3 days a week with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, meaning wherever we were staying that week, we got to explore and enjoy the scenery on our days off...
Pros
Get Paid to travel
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle from driving so far.
it is a very nice parttime job to have. It will keep you busy and the people are very nice
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2017
This job keeps you very busy and the people are nice. I actually love it, I just wish that it had more hours and benefits. Learning new things and kind of working on your own is good. you have people there that help you but it is also nice to be on your own unless you need help
Awesome Pay for Little Experience
Remodeling Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2017
If you are willing to work changing shifts and abnormal hours, the pay is definitely worth it. A typical day is stocking shelves mainly, cleaning, stooping, lifting, and lots of walking. Management is pretty good, always giving pep-talks before the job of the day starts. You must be willing to travel. The hardest part was traveling often to different sites, as well as getting used to being on my feet 7 1/2 hours for 5 days a week. The most enjoyable part were the pep-talks.
Pros
Great pay, paid hotel stays
Cons
Traveling
Horrible company tow work for
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
Rmsi need improvement they are not good to employees and will bribe you just to stay with them!! They don’t care about there employees. Would not suggest for any friends to work here
Do not work for this company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 4, 2017
The worst company ever!!! I was told i was hired filled out all paperwork told my current job that i was leaving. Then a week before my start date they called me and said that there was no work for me and that they couldnt hire me. Dont waist your time with this company!!
Rmsi
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 4, 2017
This can’t be pirmary source of income you need a job good job just can’t Rely on then at all. They won’t let us get overtime. They won’t even let us get 40 hours a week
Pros
Coworkers an managers
Cons
It’s a full time job with part time pay
Micromanagement
Asst. Lead Merchandiser Maui (Current Employee) –  California and HawaiiDecember 4, 2017
Micromanaged is an undestatement and there not looking to change.
If you want to have a position where your under paid by industry standards and emailed for everything you do and not compensated for everything they expect of you on your time, this may be the job.
Pros
work in abundance
Cons
not paid for work on your time and micromanaged
It's a job
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2017
It's a job until you find something else. work 4 days a week, and you get the weekend off, and holidays...Sometimes that can be hard though not having hours. Easy job though.
reset mods
Remodel crew lead (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551December 1, 2017
pending on the manager in charge depend on if you started right away. The stores we were resetting where not much help either at times. The co workers didn't always like new people that KNEW what they were doing from previous jobs, especially when the main boss didn't care for that person.
Pros
Cons
NO benefits unless you were management
Long productive day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 30, 2017
Review Schematics and section, set section to schematics standards, and crate go-backs and deleted. All in a timely matter. then once that's done we have to go through new items.
Pros
Hard Workers
Cons
No benefits, unequal pay, favoritism
No loyalty
Merchandise Resets/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 23, 2017
First of all, there is no loyalty to the employees that have been working for RMSI for years, There are no pay raises, but new hires get hired at $1-$2 more, there is no overtime, there are no benefits (unless your corporate). If your lucky, you get paired with someone who can take the time to help you get started, but there are set times that the set you're working on has to be done by and if and when time gets short , the supervisors get nasty and pushy. It gets stressful and that makes matters worse. Also, one word......nepotism and discrimination! If you don't know someone on the inside...... good luck!
poor managers
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 22, 2017
Management is poor, they do not look out for their employees, they stand with the company, they do not help in anyway to solve problems and they stretch the employees very thin.
Apply at your own risk
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 19, 2017
Only apply to positions here if you like long tedious hours at low pay, extensive between store drives and hotel stays.... Medical comes after one year, and you have to pay for even the basics.
Leadership in place
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 10, 2017
the processes were set and clearly defined for each employees job classification. Not a lot of freedom to discuss changes to make the operation more efficient.
Great place
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 9, 2017
This is by far the best position I've held. I love the company and the culture. The work life balance is accommodating and management totally grasps the "family first" concept!
Fast paced
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C.October 19, 2017
Merchandising resets in Safeway stores throughout the US. Ability to read a planogram and reset merchandise. Hours are overnight when no customers are in the store.
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Travel
Nice change of pace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 14, 2017
I like this job it was easy paced with good pay.. i like my manager and co-workers We worked at a diferent store every day and you could work the hours you wanted
The worst company in the workforce history!
Overnight Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 13, 2017
Bad management and bad employees. Terrible work environment. No raise, no moving up. No respect. A terrible rude supervisors. Worst retail company in the U.S.A
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad management and bad employees