RNR Tire Express Employee Reviews

Very good Company to work for
Store Manager II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2018
RNR Tire Express is a great Company to work for. It is just like any other Company. If you give a 100% in your performance the Company will take care of you. They promote off performance and you control your destiny with the company. We had shop techs that started at $10.00 an hour at the age of 19 and work his way to being a Store Mange making 6 figures per year, with a High School diploma.
Pros
Quality of Life, Advancement opportunities, Great benefits and Training
stressful and competitive workplace
Tire Technician/Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at work was running back and forth and trying to train while running the shop.
I learned a lot about changing tires, changing oil filters, and mounting and dismounting rims & tires.
Management was poorly provided.
Workplace Culture was hot, stress filled, and poorly managed.
The most irritating part of the job was that the sales reps wouldnt print a service ticket everytime, then when asked for one they would reject and say to pull the car around anyway. My work was hardky recorded for future reference which is a policy violation.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no set breaks or lunch, management, stress filled
Horrible management
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 22, 2019
horriable boss that would take “other” forms of payment from “special” clients. Stole our bonuses many times. Zero chances of raises and no time off for personal family matters
Pros
Cons
Quitting
Its awesom
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 22, 2019
Working here is a new adventure every day. The benefits are awesome and really help out alot when it down to it. I'd you guys wants tires go there they will hook you up on a nice payment plan. Make sure you pay them in the 6 months same as cash to get them paid off for the cheapest way of doing it.
Great work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2018
I enjoy coming to work everyday. Been with this company for over 5 years and I do not plan on going anywhere. It is fast paced but I would not have it any other way. I love my team, we have contests with rewards, company picnics, as with any job, it is only as fun as you make it!
Pros
Benefits, Employee discounts, Great pay with bonus/commission.
Cons
Good place to work but the pay sucks
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at RNR but lack of communication is a big issue. The shop tech commission rate sucks compared to what the sales people make. Its not hard to sell someone something because 90% of the customers that came in already know what they want before they come in but not everyone knows how to install tires. I would have continued to work there if the pay was better and the communication between the sales people and shop techs and management was better. The manager was a great guy to work for and would do anything to help out his employees but he didn't treat everyone the same as a manager should. And when it was brought to his attention about something that wasn't done correctly or by policy his answer was its not going to change get use to it.
Pros
Discounts on purchases
Cons
Pay
Horrible
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 29, 2018
I wouldn't advise working at this location management is a bully will make you do things beyond you're job and tell you it was suppose to be you're job all along. Not a family friendly job especially with them working with you to be off to get you're child management doesn't care about anything other then attempting to collect on accounts that are unable to be collected upon. Dont work here unless you want to be working until 9pm
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Relaxed and a fun job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2018
Great company but like everything there were some flaws. I worked here for several years and like it. It is a great industry to work in. I would highly recommend the franchise.
Pros
Balanced work/life
Cons
No benefits
Long hrs. No courtesy..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Lack of management.. When you work for a company and home office doesnt know anything about the stores they opporate or there managers that they provide it get mind distructive when you know it can be ran more smoother.. Team work not all for self..
S*** pay terrible hours and dead end job
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 29, 2018
As a bilingual representative I was offered a measley 12.00 per hour. What kind of bs is that? They want everything to their favor and you get absolutely nothing no room for advancement. Its a dead end job would not recommend even to an enemy. I would rather work for McDonalds.
Pros
Discounts on tires
poor management, unequal treatment
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2017
underpaid, poor management, unequal opportunities. never got a raise, a complaint would be filed with the manager, and nothing would be done about it. sometimes you would be busy and you would be able to take a lunch break, but they still deduct it automatically from your paycheck.
Pros
discount on tires
Cons
everything else
Fast paced fun job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 5, 2017
I enjoy working for this company overall. I appreciate all of the opportunities that they have given me over the years. The owners are very nice and provide a great working environment. The hardest part of the job is the requirement for working hours. All store managers are required to work 45-60 hours per week and are paid salary. I have learned how to manage and lead a group of people.
Pros
Fringe Benefits. Company trips
Cons
Working 10+ hours straight with no break most days
not a great place to be
Sales/Slave (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 13, 2019
Should have passed this one bye. Not a great place to work and work with a narcissist woman boss who is always on a rampage to show her power. DO yourself a favor and pass this one up!!!!!
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
mngt is a know it all
this franchise is not good
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2019
poor communications between owners and manager, owners son poor employee, do not work for them they use you! stay away do not i repeat do not work for this francise
Stay away
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 8, 2018
Horrible supervisor, incompetent immature employees. I wouldnt trust them to put a tire on my lawn mower. They do not care if your son who rented wheels or tires had been shot snd killed the day prior. Told the dad he would come repo the wheels due it being one day late
Pros
Cons
Ata
Cool people to work with
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Elsmere, KYSeptember 19, 2018
Good pay and a lot of down time. Never really too busy and always have free time to hang out and smoke. Fun to learn and easy to catch on. Lunch whenever you want.
Pros
Lunch whenever
Cons
30 minutes breaks
Love some RNR
Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 22, 2018
Great place to work and lots of room for advancement. Advancement is based of off performance not tenure!!! You work hard and produce then your hard work will be rewarded!!!
Pros
Great people and a great company
Great Place to Work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOOctober 19, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company. They were flexible on hours, pay was good. I have absolutely no complaints about the experience of working for RNR Tire Express in Gladstone, Mo
Nothing but strife and unprofessional
Salesman/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 24, 2018
You will never get paid what you deserve and they will fire someone in a heartbeat. They do not care about the employee only their bottom line. They have horrible business practices.
Stress
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INAugust 15, 2018
Stress is an understatement. It is also a very redundant job. You can only put custom wheels and tires on so many Dodge Chargers before it gets very boring. Also, lending to people with bad credit causes its share of headaches.
Pros
great prices on employee purchases.
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RNR Tire Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8