Road America Employee Reviews

Just another call center
Roadside Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 16, 2018
High call volume, very busy, especially during the summer and winter months. Low pay with high expectations from the workers. High employee turnover. Shift bids with overnight shifts. Not family oriented.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Pay is low, shift work, no benefits
nice place overal
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2018
Nothing bad to say. Just a overall good job. Just a basic call center job. Great managers and employee. Had a nice time while working there. Could have been a little more challenging .
Good Job To Work At
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed my job. It was a bit stressful, because you are helping people that may be stranded or are in unsafe environments and you want t get them help as soon as possible. Sadly the store closed down in my area. But I believe it may still be open in other regions.
Stressful workplace
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2018
Very stressful workplace, several supervisors were let go during my time working there, clients quickly got angry on situations we had no control over.
Work Place Culture
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 23, 2018
Working for home is a little convenient and scheduling my own hours. I assisted client with roadside assistance and dispatched out calls to different provided's.
Pros
making own hours
Cons
health care benefits
Interesting and fun
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 26, 2018
It was very diverse and easily and fun to adapt to the fast paced and I liked it.
The lack of efficient training and information required for the position was unfortunately the downside.

They have closed since my previous employment.
Pros
Bounuses and shift differential
Cons
A overloaded with information on the insurance coverage for assistance
Not a good place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Road America would have been a great company to work for, but the management was horrible. There were to many "clicks" in the company. If one of the people in the click did not like you and you went up for a different position, you were automatically black balled.
Fun Workplace
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 12, 2017
typical day at work was to go in, sit at your desk and take calls for roadside assistance. I learned how to work a phone and empathy from the company.
Hated it
Learning and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 26, 2017
Management were not trained to lead, nor were they concerned about the well-being of others. Work hours were long and I experienced favoritism and bullying were employed. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Became friends with a few of my co-workers
Cons
Management unprofessional
Excellent company
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I loved this job it was the most professional and steady paced job I've ever had i loved working here and would definitely be open to working here all over again if i ever lived in the state of florida
Pros
everything
Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2017
coworkers are awesome.pay was exactly where it needed to be. traffic was a bit slow hence the relaxed environment. attendance heavy. punctuality is a must.
Assistance coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2017
It was a great place to work. However they closed down. The schedule was great. The supervisor was helpful always. The environment made you feel welcome, it caused you to work several hours of overtime. The pay was great.
Good Place of work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2017
This Place was a good place to work with a relaxed environment. work was fairly easy. management was very helpful and understanding. fair pay and benefits.
Dystopia
IT Support & Systems Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
Mere words are not nearly enough to describe the paradox that is Road America. The company in It's original state must have been phenomenal. Since being acquired by Mapfre, it has taken a drastic turn. It is a sinking ship with a virtue of some hard working, decent employees that are pushed daily to resigning. There is a clear disconnect displayed by it's management, which chose to punish subordinates for bad choices made by management. In my tenure, I have seen the personnel responsible for it's success resign one by one. I personally know and regard Road America's former President highly, but since his departure, the future of this company is bleak.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Relaxed environment and career advancement for select departments.
Part time work from home position
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2017
A part-time work from home job. Provided no benefits, no breaks or lunch. Difficult to get assistance if you have a question or if customer has a complex situation. Also you work for an independent business owner, if they decide not to pay you, the company does not assist.
Pros
IF you pass all exams, and assessment you are automatically hired
Cons
No breaks, no benefits at all, very punitive
Just another call center.
Associate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2017
Just like any other call center, high volume of calls, very busy specially during summer and winter time. Company tries to make the employees feel good with different activities but not enough for the load of work and the bad bad pay. You can grow in the company if you want to but most of the time its not worth it. They are extremely strict with things that don't even make sense and over look important issues of the company.
It's ok
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
They pay low and expect a lot .. no sense of direction, bad management and stressful environment. Flexible schedules but noone cares about the person just work work work and no bonuses or rewards for great workn
Best For College Students
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2017
When I worked for Road America, I found it better suited for individuals who had no responsibilities outside of home. It definitely didn't promote family wellness, due to the non-flexible schedules that it offered. Management was more concerned with quotas than the people.
Busy
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
High volume during the summer and the winter. You need to have a good knowledge in mapping in order to location the clients that are in need of service.
Friendly coworkers and helpful
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2017
In my 8 years in the company i have gained product knowledge, team building skills, and experience. I have learn how to adapt to constant changes. I have enjoyed through the year the peers i have had the pleasure to work with and grow with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road America. Our community is ready to answer.