Road Ranger, LLC Employee Reviews

Low pay for amount of work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILNovember 1, 2018
It's 2018. If you want to keep employees, you must treat them properly. This includes pay. For the amount of responsibility, there should be higher pay, especially since the cashier's are incredibly lazy and get paid the same if not more.
Pros
Cons
Work environment. Politics. Favoritism.
Extremely productive and fullfiling with goals and objectives.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 24, 2018
I felt the leadership of the company attempted to provide a positive work environment for all of its employees. I enjoyed the time I spent with this company.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Communication.
Very fun working enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Fun workplace enviroment learned a lot from managers and staff very fun experience. When i needed help in anything they were really supportive and helpful.
Pros
Discounts on lunch
It was okay
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Evansdale, IAAugust 13, 2018
I loved the people I worked with everyday but when asked for more training to be the best shift leader I could I never recieved it you had a few problems with returning merchandise but other then that it was okay
Quickpaced, fun environment, and great people to work with!
Road ranger associate (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INAugust 13, 2018
Road ranger is a fun and very quickpaced environment. We are a trucking center so we have many semi truck drivers that are always coming in, which makes us extremely busy 24/7! We love our job and our customers!!
Pros
50% off
Cons
Breaks, healthcare, and dental.
Kind of average gas station
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 8, 2018
It wasn't the worst experience of my life but in a busy location my Road Ranger was constantly busy and my coworkers had an extremely negative outlook which eventually wore me out.
Truck stops aren’t good places to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, ILAugust 7, 2018
I worked overnights by myself for 7 hours of the shift. I was constantly running around in a hurry because any customer that showed up completely stopped me from doing anything else since I was the only employee there. Trying to do things like clean the showers or bathrooms were very difficult since I had to constantly run out and see if anyone had showed up in the store or pulled up to the scale or to get gas. And the customers weren’t the nicest people either.
Pros
I was unemployed
Cons
Everything else
Stressful and inconsistent.
Cashier/Floater (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJuly 10, 2018
The manager was rude to both employees and customers. Expected us to do work that she would not do herself and never acknowledge when a good job was done. The co-workers are what keep smooth working experience.
Truck stop
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INJune 14, 2018
It's just a truck stop, nothing fancy. It kept me employed during a time I needed the money but could do without the experience. I had fun working with Chuck and the crew.
Wish they were still around
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 4, 2018
Unfortunaly Road Ranger does not exsits unless it is a truck stop.

The quality that I have seen since I worked there is not the same.

I worked 3rd shift and was able to do alot of cleaning and stocking and got to know when the rushes would be coming. Also giving directions to people that where lost.
Busy, filled daily work
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMay 15, 2018
Plenty of room for advancement. Was promoted early on because they saw my hard work and dedication. Fast paced truck stop. Always something to do if you dont like to sit still.
Its ok
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elk Run Heights, IAApril 21, 2018
It's takes a strong person to work there... It's not for the weak hearted. U deal with so much as far a different personalities. But over all a fun. Job.
Management sucks
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, WIApril 12, 2018
The manager both on the road ranger side as well as the subway side of my store were horrible. They are insensitive to their employees needs. Majority of the time I worked there subway(which was the side I worked on) didn't even have an active manager or assistant manager. When they finally hired someone 8 different employees, some that started before her and some after, quit because of her before I finally did. When something is broken and you report it or file a maintenance request nothing gets done about it for months until the auditor has called it to attention on numerous occasions. The store has mice. And a horrible fly problem when it's warm out. Plus the showers don't get cleaned properly.
Cons
Didnt care about my health
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Troy, WIFebruary 25, 2018
They were only worried about themselves. Didnt care about my health in the case that my crazy hours constantly different, were affecting my seizures..
Productive and fun place to work.
Convenience Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of waiting on customers, while cleaning and maintaining the store, and restocking merchandise, making coffee, keeping things fresh, and running smoothly. While counting inventory, which was the most difficult part of the job, not that counting is hard, but always being interrupted while in the middle of a count made it a bit hard. my favorite part of the job is, was, and always will be, the customers, they made me want to come to work everyday!! They would often tell me how I had made their day with my beautiful smile, and sunny disposition, when in fact, it was them, that made MY day!!!!
Pros
Customers
Cons
No breaks, working alone all night!!!
TERRIBLE place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Road Ranger is NOT a good company to work for at all! The managers are rude and don't care about the employees AT ALL. The other employees are rude and call off all the time so whoever is working is stuck there until a replacement comes in. The customers are very rude. You don't get breaks or anything here. WORST job I've ever had! Have almost had to go in my pants because they wouldn't let me use the restroom. Just awful!
Pros
Cons
See above reasons!
Poor Promise
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Promised me a raise and never delivered. Atms were empty and manangers were never there on weekends and fiill them. Working in the kitchen sucked because you had to run a restaurant by yourself. Expect to get up at 3 am, work Christmas, thanksgiving, and more. They acted like they cared but when I had a major life event they pretty much said okay with you.

That's okay because you will see the turn over rate is high because the company does not keep it's promises.

Not worth eight dollars an hour. Come on companies we are going to be living in 2020 soon. Pay people fairly!
Pros
Cooking Expernice
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, and stressful
fun place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Opened and closed restaurant, prepared and marinated chicken on a daily basis. Fried bone in chicken, chicken tenders, potato wedges, liver and gizzards, and fried corn for the front line. Also prepared side dishes like mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, white and brown gravy and butter and honey biscuits.
Checked temp of food as it was cooked and every hour on the front line to insure it met the standards. Recorded temp and waste of products. Took inventory and created a list of what was needed to be ordered for that week.
Provided customer service, prepared customers orders and charged them. Stocked the front line with takeout boxes food cups and bags.
Counted register when opened and at the end of my shift. Deposited money to the safe and created report for kitchen manger.
Best part of the job
Cashier/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hartford, ILDecember 29, 2017
I worked over nights and it was great. Got all my work done without much interruption, however once the morning came, it was extremely busy. Was held up by gun point, so for my own safety I left the company since they refused to have another person working overnight.
Pros
Quite and slow enough to get your work done
Cons
unsafe due to lack of security
Slow paced, friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 22, 2017
Hired for 3rd shift. No hard labor. Customer service and satisfaction is part of job description. Thanking customers and telling them you appreciate their business.
Pros
Paid birthday day off. Vacation time after year of employment.
Cons
Dealing with rude customers. Getting robbed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road Ranger, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight