Road Ranger, LLC Employee Reviews

Treated unfairly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INJanuary 17, 2019
While I was working there I was yelled at, screamed at, accused of things I didn't do. When I called the District Manager he didn't seem to care about anything that you had to say. Was told to direct everything to HR.
Cons
bad manager
Job is easy, managers don’t know how to talk to employees
Cashier/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Combes, TXDecember 26, 2018
The work is easy would be a great job if there was better management and better communication, schedule changes without employees being notified then management gets mad/ writes up employees when late due to no communication on part of management
Pros
Cons
Poor management, non flexible hours
5 all the way
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILDecember 18, 2018
I loved co workers,boss,and customers
Always kept lobby cleaned
Bathrooms and showers cleaned
Fresh coffee
Fresh food
And always had everything stocked
Road Ranger
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Road Ranger. I met a lot of great people and customers. Something new every day. I enjoy the fast pace of a gas station/truck stop. It keeps you busy and your day is over before you know it.
Terrible job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 29, 2018
I would never work for them again. I was a dedicated employee and they still didn't treat me fairly. I got no benefits I was only there about 5 months the work was alot for just 9.50 an hour most of the overnight employees were not being valued or even acknowledged as great workers its was always controversy because there was no overnight manager to stand up and defend what a great job we were doing but 1st and 2nd shift had tht everyday of those 5 months never knew your value was based off what shift you worked but it was for this lousy job.
Not terrible, not great!
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 12, 2018
Road Ranger wasn’t a horrible company to work for. It was a gas station job, so not much to be expected. They offered imcentive bonuses if you had been with the company, full time, for a minimum of 4 years, and a monthly bonus if your store met certain criteria. If the holiday fell on your day, there was no swapping a day or taking vacation. You were required to work your scheduled day. At times, the customers were what made the job unpleasant due to their degrading and demeaning behaviors.
Pros
Bonuses, competitive pay
Cons
Customers made this job tough!!
Low pay for amount of work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILNovember 1, 2018
It's 2018. If you want to keep employees, you must treat them properly. This includes pay. For the amount of responsibility, there should be higher pay, especially since the cashier's are incredibly lazy and get paid the same if not more.
Pros
Cons
Work environment. Politics. Favoritism.
Extremely productive and fullfiling with goals and objectives.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 24, 2018
I felt the leadership of the company attempted to provide a positive work environment for all of its employees. I enjoyed the time I spent with this company.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Communication.
Very fun working enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Fun workplace enviroment learned a lot from managers and staff very fun experience. When i needed help in anything they were really supportive and helpful.
Pros
Discounts on lunch
It was okay
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Evansdale, IAAugust 13, 2018
I loved the people I worked with everyday but when asked for more training to be the best shift leader I could I never recieved it you had a few problems with returning merchandise but other then that it was okay
Quickpaced, fun environment, and great people to work with!
Road ranger associate (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INAugust 13, 2018
Road ranger is a fun and very quickpaced environment. We are a trucking center so we have many semi truck drivers that are always coming in, which makes us extremely busy 24/7! We love our job and our customers!!
Pros
50% off
Cons
Breaks, healthcare, and dental.
Kind of average gas station
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 8, 2018
It wasn't the worst experience of my life but in a busy location my Road Ranger was constantly busy and my coworkers had an extremely negative outlook which eventually wore me out.
Truck stops aren’t good places to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, ILAugust 7, 2018
I worked overnights by myself for 7 hours of the shift. I was constantly running around in a hurry because any customer that showed up completely stopped me from doing anything else since I was the only employee there. Trying to do things like clean the showers or bathrooms were very difficult since I had to constantly run out and see if anyone had showed up in the store or pulled up to the scale or to get gas. And the customers weren’t the nicest people either.
Pros
I was unemployed
Cons
Everything else
Stressful and inconsistent.
Cashier/Floater (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJuly 10, 2018
The manager was rude to both employees and customers. Expected us to do work that she would not do herself and never acknowledge when a good job was done. The co-workers are what keep smooth working experience.
Truck stop
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INJune 14, 2018
It's just a truck stop, nothing fancy. It kept me employed during a time I needed the money but could do without the experience. I had fun working with Chuck and the crew.
Wish they were still around
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 4, 2018
Unfortunaly Road Ranger does not exsits unless it is a truck stop.

The quality that I have seen since I worked there is not the same.

I worked 3rd shift and was able to do alot of cleaning and stocking and got to know when the rushes would be coming. Also giving directions to people that where lost.
Busy, filled daily work
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMay 15, 2018
Plenty of room for advancement. Was promoted early on because they saw my hard work and dedication. Fast paced truck stop. Always something to do if you dont like to sit still.
Its ok
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elk Run Heights, IAApril 21, 2018
It's takes a strong person to work there... It's not for the weak hearted. U deal with so much as far a different personalities. But over all a fun. Job.
Management sucks
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, WIApril 12, 2018
The manager both on the road ranger side as well as the subway side of my store were horrible. They are insensitive to their employees needs. Majority of the time I worked there subway(which was the side I worked on) didn't even have an active manager or assistant manager. When they finally hired someone 8 different employees, some that started before her and some after, quit because of her before I finally did. When something is broken and you report it or file a maintenance request nothing gets done about it for months until the auditor has called it to attention on numerous occasions. The store has mice. And a horrible fly problem when it's warm out. Plus the showers don't get cleaned properly.
Cons
Didnt care about my health
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Troy, WIFebruary 25, 2018
They were only worried about themselves. Didnt care about my health in the case that my crazy hours constantly different, were affecting my seizures..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road Ranger, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight