Road Runner Sports Employee Reviews

Great growing company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2018
A great growing company. With any growing company their are multi directives. There was a lot of conflicting directions making it difficult sometimes to appease every one
Pros
Great vendor relationship
Cons
Multi confusing directions given
Workplace Culture
FIT Expert (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 5, 2018
I loved going to work everyday. I worked with people that I will be connected with for life. We all depended on each other during a rush and it was great knowing that everyone I worked with had my back. If I ever made a mistake they were always there to help me get better. I never felt out of place while working at Road Runner Sports.
Pros
Great environment
Laid-back work environment
FIT EXPERT, FIT TECH (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2018
Depends on which store you work. In my experience, most leaders are incompetent and fake. Very little training and development within company. This company loves to play favorites. I've seen many unqualified employees get promoted and overqualified employees get overlooked, underutilized, and eventually leave. Never mind work ethic or technical expertise.
Pros
Occasional free shoes, friendly coworkers, down-to-earth owner
Cons
Lazy leadership, zero accountability for management, poor coaching/development
Productive and a fun place to work with a ping pong table
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 8, 2018
Easy yet fun place to work as long as you are productive and can follow policies and procedures.Atmosphere and diversity is well balanced. Several bonus opportunities are available as well.
Ok if you're looking for something part time
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 3, 2018
I was hired as full-time, they did offer benefits. Overall it wasnt a bad job if you're looking for something temporarily. Management wasn't the best, they could use much more training. The acting store manager definitely should stay the assistant. When it's slow there's nothing to do. I would highly recommend this job to a parent that is looking for a part time job or an older person.
Pros
The nice discount you get on their products
Cons
Pay, Management
Rrs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 26, 2018
fun but stressful. Staffing is a major challenge and recruiters only working 9 to 5 and not working during weekends. Challenging to be able to properly staff a store.

Horrible Management at some locations, AMAZING Management at other locations
Fit Expert (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Depending on the store entails the work ethics and competitiveness of coworkers. While the pay is amazing, they constantly change the bonus structure.
Pros
Bonus
October 5, 2018

We appreciate your insight and will share your feedback with our management team.

Shipper/Picker/Packer
Shipper/Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 17, 2018
I absolutely loved this job. It was quick paced but it was also laid back. My manager is also what made it easier to get up and go to work everyday. He is definitely a motivater and could tell he loves his job and wants his employees to love theirs as well.
October 5, 2018

Thank you for your post and for being part of the Road Runner Sports family. We will share your feedback with our management team.

Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 22, 2018
This can me a fun place to work however, it is a cut throat environment. One for themselves. No real recognition. Faced paced and high-energy required.
September 4, 2018

company that has great ideas but has trouble implementing them
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 19, 2018
Working At Roadrunner sports has its up and downs but the biggest problem was the company created so many step to the selling process made it very difficult and convoluted to give customers the experience that they deserve.
good place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Clairemont, CAAugust 17, 2018
good place to work
fun and active environment
employees seemed happy to be there
active sales floor with lots to do
sales employees expected to have good knowledge of product for great customer experience

positive team culture
Shift Lead- Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
Strong minded candidates found in the entry level position with lack of management involvement. Pay is extremely varied even when employees may be doing the same job responsibilities as someone else making more money. Communication is lost in the mix due to too many hands in the pot. Frustration amongst employees is very common and spreads like a disease. Turnover is very high and shift coverage gets very scarce causing stress on current employees as well as customers. The best part of the job is the team environment and the ability of the company to "buy in" their employees with the confidence in knowing what they are promoting will in fact make a difference in customers lives.
Pros
40%-60% discount + yearly anniversary gift certificate
Cons
Poor organization
Unsavory Place for learning to Sell
Inventory Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2018
The company puts such an emphasis on making their numbers that the customers leave frequently feeling jilted and conned by the sales people who have been trained to be mercilessly persistent. If the company culture was focused more on customer service it would be a much better place to work.
Pros
The Managers Where Awesome
Cons
Sales based performance reviews
September 4, 2018

Road Runner Sports is a forward thinking Company that thrives on creativity!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
Road Runner Sports has been a great place for me to work for the last few years. It's an energetic, fast paced environment that is always changing. This Company also allows me to be creative, and gives me the freedom to try out new ideas on a regular basis. One of my favorite aspects of this job is that you never feel like you're doing the same thing every day. There is always a new adventure waiting around the corner! If you're a hard worker, there are plenty of opportunities to move up in this Company.
Pros
Creative, forward thinking, opportunities to move up, energetic work environment, competitive salary, paid vacation, health care, 401K.
Cons
If you're the type of individual who appreciates a job that is comfortable and predictable, the following items may be a challenge for you: fast paced, constant change, tight deadlines, competition.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate all your efforts.

Work
Perfect Fit Expert (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Management is very kind and work hard to train new employees correctly. Great discount on store merchandise for employees.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your post and for being part of the Road Runner Sports family.

DONT work here
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
The Company doesnt care about anyone! everyone is replaceable
Turn around is crazy
They dont give you your lunch till after your 5 hours
Black shirt just stand around
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your insights with senior management.

Part Time Job Only
Inventory Specialist/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 10, 2018
My main responsibility was inventory reconciliation and return to vendor processing. This was a part time job and I left for full time employment at another company.

Smooth flow
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Free flow pace workplace,
Goals requirement
Quiet environment
No pressure from management
Not to much concern about important things
Decision making can be complicated from management
Not enough feed back to insure quality work.
Pros
Good Vacation time
Cons
No pay raises for a long period of time or position change only
August 6, 2018

We appreciate your insight and this will be shared with management.

Research this company before taking a job.
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Make sure to do your due diligence with this, or any, company before quitting a current job and taking a position here. If you get an interview, ask for a tour of the corporate offices (if that's the kind of position you're looking at) -- the devil is in the details.
Pros
Nice product discount
Cons
Many
August 6, 2018

We strive to create a work environment that supports our employees. We appreciate your perspective and are always looking to find ways we can improve.

Event coordination and retail
Adventure Run Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
As an AR Representative, I was in charge of the event process from finding businesses to partner with, to advertising for participants to run, to emceeing the event, entering stats, volunteer management and clean up.

As a fit expert, I was a key holder, shoe dog pro and opener. I helped customers find their best fit, exchange shoes/gear, and worked on upselling membership programs to customers.
July 10, 2018

Thank you for all your support. We couldn't do it without you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road Runner Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight