Road Runner Sports Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Event coordination and retail
Adventure Run Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
As an AR Representative, I was in charge of the event process from finding businesses to partner with, to advertising for participants to run, to emceeing the event, entering stats, volunteer management and clean up.

As a fit expert, I was a key holder, shoe dog pro and opener. I helped customers find their best fit, exchange shoes/gear, and worked on upselling membership programs to customers.
dasd
Sales Fit Expert (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILJune 9, 2018
Very friendly staff. The training is great and the quality of the business is excellent. They really know how to run a store and how to serve customers and clients.
Not a cunsumer friendly place
Fit Expert (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 29, 2018
Absolutely love the customers, got a new manager who never ran a step in her life, was horrible. Losing a lot of quality employees in this company because they care about selling socks,insoles and memberships instead of overall customer service. That was the new managers words so I left.
Pros
discounts
Cons
If you are not salary you are nothing in this company
June 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comments. We will share with the team.

If you dont want to deal with 7 People at once and all Managers just standing around DONT THINK ABOUT IT
Fit Expert (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
I made the Title of this LONG because I have a lot to say and I really meant what I said. When I first started working for this company I was very interested and I cannot deny the fact that they try to help those who need help. What I mean by that is they will analyze your feet and show you things you would never have thought of. You will walk out of there spending a tone of money but to better your feet, back and every day living. That is the one thing they did right!. Also, they have a program that allows you to wear the shoe and if its "NOT THE PERFECT FIT" you can exchange them.so its kind of a win-win. You can also manipulate the system as well. Management suck!!!! What I mean by that is, All they do is stand around. You will see 7 Blackshirts just looking around while you have fit experts with 6 people, shoe doggers busy or sometimes not be doing anything for hours, and Finish-liners either busy or just disappear. while they just talk on their talkies. Worst of all if not being able to get a lunch until your on your 6 hours or even 7!!! You don't say anything because you care about your customer as you should. They only care about them selfs. I've seen a lot of employees go from fit experts to a black shirt and still all they do is stand around. Even though before they became a back shirt all they did was complain about how no one does anything. Not even help out the employee who have more than 6 customers. This company used to pay their employees commission and that what made all the headache and no Lunches ok since you received a decent check. Now good luck, hours suck,  more... always call outs and Turn around in this company is crazy. But hey they can always get a new person and then they quit or not show up. There those who've been there for 6 plus years and I feel sorry for you guys. I hope one day you realize you want more out of life than selling and working for a Man who took away the great part of working for that company.  less
Pros
Discounts Free shoes only for fit experts
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, Limited discounts, Took away Commission
June 5, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! This is some great insight and we will share these details with the team.

Loved it but competitive
Retail Team Lead (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 7, 2018
This is not your typical retail job. However, if you are committed, you can learn and grow a lot. I would definitely return. I grew so much from my experience here and got to travel the country.
June 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It's always good to head information like this. We are happy to hear you found your time with Road Runner Sports to be enriching.

horrible horrible horroble
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 23, 2018
this job was horrible. the manager was rude and mean and picked favorites and what not and the envrionment in that store made me very anxious wuite often
Thriving and fast pace environment
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 24, 2018
Amazing coworkers that made the day go by super fast. Great managers that dedicated their time to assisting the customers and also the employees. Overall GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Pros
free shoe giveaway
Cons
competitive hours
Fun workplace
Grass (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The store manager is awesome. Great communications skills and we were on the same page for everything. However pay is not good and no room for advancement
Pros
Cool employees, good team work, no drama, discount on products
Cons
No room for advancement
Roadrunner was managed poorly.
Arizona Grassroots Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2018
Some managers were amazing and some not so much. The company was too corporate with their robot greetings and pushed too hard on selling insoles. Workflow needs some restructuring.
Fast paced and well payed
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Chances for advancements are open to those that show ambition on the job. Employees rely on product knowledge to better assist guests. High customer service orientated.
Pros
high discounts on products sold by company, accrue sick hours
Sales job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 18, 2018
Greeting a customer, taking them through a fitting process. Selling shoes, socks, inserts and apparel to customers. Hardest part is selling them on purchasing everything as they're looking at spending at least $250+.
Pros
Working with fun customers
Cons
Pushing sales
Horrible company to work for
Lacky (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Stressful work environment. No pay increase. Horrible benefits package but expensive. Back-stabbing & fake people (mgmt.). Very controlling. Employees are numbers not people.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horrible mgmt no pay increase EVER no matter how many years you are there.
Great coworkers, terrible managemennt
Fit Expert (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2018
I have been with the company for over a year & a half and was lucky to start my job off with a good manager. He was a great guy that cared about his employees and made work fun, but when corporate fired him his replacement destroyed any shred of decency about this company. The company continues to screw over its employees, by taking away commission, forcing employees to bring out certain shoes due to contracts that the company is getting paid for (not you), and just awful managers. My current manager has received more than a dozen complaints and corporate has done nothing about it. The management is absolutely the worst. It started well, I loved working there due to the friendly coworkers and the original management. But as a retail chain with over 40 stores, the company is selling out and not caring for its hard-working employees. I work very hard and actually care about my customers, but this current manager is unprofessional and incredibly rude. His attitude to his employees is terrible, his attitude in the backroom is terrible. He treats us as animals and does not communicate with us at all. I am looking for another job due to the lack of action from corporate and upper management. As a store, we have lost over 10 employees due to this current manager and they still have not realized that the manager is the problem. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU.
Pros
Great coworkers, great discounts, learn a lot
Cons
The worst management you will ever see
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 28, 2017
The opportunity of growth is the best thing about this company the only thing that is frustrating is the pushyness on the sales which can get stressful from time to time
Tight Family own Company
Desktop Support/Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHDecember 5, 2017
Road Runner Sports is great place to work. Challenging, professional and give employees opportunity to grow when positions are available. Family culture is big for Road Runner Sports.
Good enviroment
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2017
I do not feel the pay was very high but the culture made up for it. They had fun events planned for the staff and gave back to the community. It was a great experience.
Worse Company to Work For
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 28, 2017
I don't recommend this company at all. They do not pay their employees well at all. I worked with great employees but the management is the worse ever.
Great people to work with the loan for his pay was not very well benefits were not good and was ran very poorly with management
Order Picker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHNovember 23, 2017
The employees were great everybody help one another, and everybody got the job done. On the downside management was for could've done way better than what they were I was not getting enough hours and for as hard as he was working the pay was not very well
Pros
Great atmosphere and fellow employees
Cons
Bad pay and bad management
Fun competetive work place.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2017
Fun, fast paced enviorment. Need to be able to multi task a group of customers. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help your customers reach there athletic goals. Very energetic and fun place to work.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No advancement
Fun atmosphere and I believe in what we do
Fit Expert and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 13, 2017
We're a fit specialty store that makes the extra effort to ensure our customers get the most out of their footwear and experiences running, walking, training, or whatever else they use their shoes for. I spend time analyzing customers gait patterns and foot pressure profiles, bringing them appropriate shoes to try, and recommending/selling accessory items.
Pros
Staff dynamic is fun and cooperative, focused goals
Cons
Often understaffed, tough performance metrics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road Runner Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight