Road Runner Sports Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible Management at some locations, AMAZING Management at other locations
Fit Expert (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Depending on the store entails the work ethics and competitiveness of coworkers. While the pay is amazing, they constantly change the bonus structure.
Pros
Bonus
Shipper/Picker/Packer
Shipper/Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 17, 2018
I absolutely loved this job. It was quick paced but it was also laid back. My manager is also what made it easier to get up and go to work everyday. He is definitely a motivater and could tell he loves his job and wants his employees to love theirs as well.
Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 22, 2018
This can me a fun place to work however, it is a cut throat environment. One for themselves. No real recognition. Faced paced and high-energy required.
September 4, 2018

We appreciate your insight and will share your feedback with our management team.

good place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Clairemont, CAAugust 17, 2018
good place to work
fun and active environment
employees seemed happy to be there
active sales floor with lots to do
sales employees expected to have good knowledge of product for great customer experience
September 4, 2018

Your feedback is very important and we will share with the team.

Unsavory Place for learning to Sell
Inventory Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2018
The company puts such an emphasis on making their numbers that the customers leave frequently feeling jilted and conned by the sales people who have been trained to be mercilessly persistent. If the company culture was focused more on customer service it would be a much better place to work.
Pros
The Managers Where Awesome
Cons
Sales based performance reviews
September 4, 2018

Thank you for your post and for being part of the Road Runner Sports family. We will share your feedback with our management team.

Road Runner Sports is a forward thinking Company that thrives on creativity!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
Road Runner Sports has been a great place for me to work for the last few years. It's an energetic, fast paced environment that is always changing. This Company also allows me to be creative, and gives me the freedom to try out new ideas on a regular basis. One of my favorite aspects of this job is that you never feel like you're doing the same thing every day. There is always a new adventure waiting around the corner! If you're a hard worker, there are plenty of opportunities to move up in this Company.
Pros
Creative, forward thinking, opportunities to move up, energetic work environment, competitive salary, paid vacation, health care, 401K.
Cons
If you're the type of individual who appreciates a job that is comfortable and predictable, the following items may be a challenge for you: fast paced, constant change, tight deadlines, competition.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate all your efforts.

Work
Perfect Fit Expert (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Management is very kind and work hard to train new employees correctly. Great discount on store merchandise for employees.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your post and for being part of the Road Runner Sports family.

DONT work here
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
The Company doesnt care about anyone! everyone is replaceable
Turn around is crazy
They dont give you your lunch till after your 5 hours
Black shirt just stand around
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your insights with senior management.

Part Time Job Only
Inventory Specialist/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 10, 2018
My main responsibility was inventory reconciliation and return to vendor processing. This was a part time job and I left for full time employment at another company.
August 6, 2018

Your feedback is very important and we will share with the team.

Smooth flow
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Free flow pace workplace,
Goals requirement
Quiet environment
No pressure from management
Not to much concern about important things
Decision making can be complicated from management
Not enough feed back to insure quality work.
Pros
Good Vacation time
Cons
No pay raises for a long period of time or position change only
August 6, 2018

We appreciate your insight and this will be shared with management.

Research this company before taking a job.
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Make sure to do your due diligence with this, or any, company before quitting a current job and taking a position here. If you get an interview, ask for a tour of the corporate offices (if that's the kind of position you're looking at) -- the devil is in the details.
Pros
Nice product discount
Cons
Many
August 6, 2018

We strive to create a work environment that supports our employees. We appreciate your perspective and are always looking to find ways we can improve.

Event coordination and retail
Adventure Run Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
As an AR Representative, I was in charge of the event process from finding businesses to partner with, to advertising for participants to run, to emceeing the event, entering stats, volunteer management and clean up.

As a fit expert, I was a key holder, shoe dog pro and opener. I helped customers find their best fit, exchange shoes/gear, and worked on upselling membership programs to customers.
July 10, 2018

Thank you for all your support. We couldn't do it without you.

dasd
Sales Fit Expert (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILJune 9, 2018
Very friendly staff. The training is great and the quality of the business is excellent. They really know how to run a store and how to serve customers and clients.
July 10, 2018

Thank you for all your help in giving our customers a WOW customer experience.

Not a cunsumer friendly place
Fit Expert (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 29, 2018
Absolutely love the customers, got a new manager who never ran a step in her life, was horrible. Losing a lot of quality employees in this company because they care about selling socks,insoles and memberships instead of overall customer service. That was the new managers words so I left.
Pros
discounts
Cons
If you are not salary you are nothing in this company
June 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comments. We will share with the team.

If you dont want to deal with 7 People at once and all Managers just standing around DONT THINK ABOUT IT
Fit Expert (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
I made the Title of this LONG because I have a lot to say and I really meant what I said. When I first started working for this company I was very interested and I cannot deny the fact that they try to help those who need help. What I mean by that is they will analyze your feet and show you things you would never have thought of. You will walk out of there spending a tone of money but to better your feet, back and every day living. That is the one thing they did right!. Also, they have a program that allows you to wear the shoe and if its "NOT THE PERFECT FIT" you can exchange them.so its kind of a win-win. You can also manipulate the system as well. Management suck!!!! What I mean by that is, All they do is stand around. You will see 7 Blackshirts just looking around while you have fit experts with 6 people, shoe doggers busy or sometimes not be doing anything for hours, and Finish-liners either busy or just disappear. while they just talk on their talkies. Worst of all if not being able to get a lunch until your on your 6 hours or even 7!!! You don't say anything because you care about your customer as you should. They only care about them selfs. I've seen a lot of employees go from fit experts to a black shirt and still all they do is stand around. Even though before they became a back shirt all they did was complain about how no one does anything. Not even help out the employee who have more than 6 customers. This company used to pay their employees commission and that what made all the headache and no Lunches ok since you received a decent check. Now good luck, hours suck,  more... always call outs and Turn around in this company is crazy. But hey they can always get a new person and then they quit or not show up. There those who've been there for 6 plus years and I feel sorry for you guys. I hope one day you realize you want more out of life than selling and working for a Man who took away the great part of working for that company.  less
Pros
Discounts Free shoes only for fit experts
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, Limited discounts, Took away Commission
June 5, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! This is some great insight and we will share these details with the team.

Loved it but competitive
Retail Team Lead (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 7, 2018
This is not your typical retail job. However, if you are committed, you can learn and grow a lot. I would definitely return. I grew so much from my experience here and got to travel the country.
June 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It's always good to head information like this. We are happy to hear you found your time with Road Runner Sports to be enriching.

horrible horrible horroble
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 23, 2018
this job was horrible. the manager was rude and mean and picked favorites and what not and the envrionment in that store made me very anxious wuite often
Thriving and fast pace environment
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 24, 2018
Amazing coworkers that made the day go by super fast. Great managers that dedicated their time to assisting the customers and also the employees. Overall GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Pros
free shoe giveaway
Cons
competitive hours
Fun workplace
Grass (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The store manager is awesome. Great communications skills and we were on the same page for everything. However pay is not good and no room for advancement
Pros
Cool employees, good team work, no drama, discount on products
Cons
No room for advancement
Roadrunner was managed poorly.
Arizona Grassroots Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2018
Some managers were amazing and some not so much. The company was too corporate with their robot greetings and pushed too hard on selling insoles. Workflow needs some restructuring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road Runner Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight