Road Scholar Educational Travel Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LowellJanuary 3, 2019
The management is awful. I have seen many people wrongfully terminated. The supervisors are a bunch of concided individuals that think they made it in life because they were 'promoted'. The upper management targets employees to become supervisors that can't get a job elsewhere and that they know will follow all their pathetic schemes. You are constantly watched and harassed. One manager wanted to give me "individual training" and told me "I don't know what people say about me, but I'm a good guy". I refused because it was creepy and was terminated a short time later for "'not making my stats". You are told not to use the bathroom and are watched like a child. It was an awful place to work.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Not somewhere i recommend unless you want to be terminated wrongfully!!!
Inbound Customer Service/Outbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 1, 2018
They terminate you for things you didn't even say or do . worked here for two years almost and people there were jealous of my moving up the ladder so quickly so someone made some comments . in return i was terminated for what someone else said and did .
Pros
pot lucks travel on programs
Cons
terminate you wrongfully . people work against you instead of as a team .
Takes good care of Employees in regards to benefits
Administrative Assistant of Travel Services (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTApril 28, 2016
Love working for Elderhostel, interesting, offers a great service, offers opportunities to employees to go on programs, very customer service oriented. I would and have recommended this as a place to work to friends. My department recognizes effort and awards it with incentives for the advisors - I don't get to participate as I am not organizing someone's travel. Very flexible with employee needs.
Pros
Scholarship to attend programs
Cons
Low pay - non-profit
The mission of Life Long Learning
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2015
A typical day would be to oversee the processing invoices received for Administrative vendors. Handling of vendor questions which would include group leaders overseeing program tours.

I learned to work with various foreign currencies, cultures of other countries

I worked well with all management, they would be responsible for approval of invoices and handling of their budgets

Had a good relationship with co-workers

The hardest part were emails in foreign languages, some were tough to have translated
Pros
Comapny consept
Cons
n/a
Productive and efficient work environment
Production Artist II, (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
Road Scholar has great managment and co-workers, however I find the work lacks a challenge and there's little room for advancement.
Great Experience
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, ArizonaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: I gained most of my office experience from this company. My manager stretched my abilities and created an overall friendly workplace.

Cons: I was not able to be promoted past my current position at that location.
Great place to work with great people
Call Center rep (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 19, 2012
We had a fish tem that did a lot of activites for the call center- like ice cream day. Pot luck lunches trying to keep spirits up.
Had a great time with my co workers still see some monthy
Pros
alking with a lot of interesting people
Cons
to many changes to fast