Roadie
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Roadie Employee Reviews

United States128 reviews

Just another gig company that could have done great if they had listened to the drivers

Typical day would consist of arriving at 7 am and beginning to take client orders for delivery. We would pick and order then drive and the next order would be presented once you completed the previous. I would end my day at 8 pm. This went on for over a year and I was able to make a positive use of time as well as really good money daily.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

lost the contracts in our area

Scammers

The worst company you can work for Scammers Instant pay is not working even after completing the minimum rides of 5 trips I have finished 180 trips and instant pay is not working !

Roadie insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

Good luck being paid back for out of pocket expenses

Still no parking ticket reimbursement and it's been almost 2 weeks! Tell me please, how long do you work for free? Every time you message me, you are getting paid. Are you going to pay me for the hours I have had to spend in contacting roadie via phone, chat and email over this matter??? There should be zero reason that when an expense is submitted WITH the completed gig that the expense is not paid at the same time... Unless it is your goal for people to forget or not pay attention to their pay and you just keep the money. After coming into contact with several other Roadie drivers, the consensus has been that Roadie is going downhill dramatically. The compensation for gigs does not reflect the extreme gas inflation and it is becoming very difficult to actually make any money at all. Then talk about getting ahold of anyone there, especially when you need immediate assistance... Ha, what a joke! I don't think I have ever waited less than 20 minutes for someone to answer (again, making me work for free because of the stupid timer that doesn't allow you to move on. I don't get paid to sit and pick my nose for 15 minutes sitting in my car because I can't cancel it online or reach customer service). Time to get it together, Roadie!

You get the Freedom to Choose

If you think this is a FT job, It's Not...It's A Gig. I'm an independent contractor It's my 'business' doing Gigi jobs like Roadie & thanks to ROADIE ... I have enjoyed the Freedom to choose type of Pay, Package Distance and Type of Package before submitting 'Offer'. No, you don't get every offer & that's based on what Driver is closer to the business. I have had no problems in talking with support when needed and receiving outstanding help each time. Only one thing I've noticed was the Miles from pickup to delivery Is Not Always Correct --- ex.: 7miles and I know its 12m equals to 24mile round trip for $11 payout not worth the gig. GPS system needs updated - seen this issue many times.

Pros

Freedom to Choose, Great Support Team, Great Businesses to work with, Able to do Other Gigs

Cons

$1.99 charge for Automatic Payout

Roadie

Get if you have a lot of free time and want to make a little extra money. I don’t recommend if you are looking to replace your 9 to 5 job but it does help

What stands out...

Nothing really stands out except for the fact you have to open and check the site aka app for new opportunities if you are ready to work. I usually turn it on during mornings and daytime when the busiest, then I work with doordash to earn $ for that year plus also able to cash out at end of day from both companies!

Pros

Cash out at end of shift

Cons

Being slowed down by slow drivers.

get accept it

It’s hard getting accept for orders not enough pay no reimbursement in gas no benefits it’s not fair they pick and choose who get accept for order I didn’t get accept for no order in two days

Pros

No reimbursement gas

Cons

No gas reimbursement not enough pay

It's gig work

Lack of support (outsourced - language barrier). Favoritism. Absolutely zero IT support for app issues that need IT to fix the coding. Pay does not compensate for time, fuel, vehicle usage, taxes, etc. ($14 to drive 25 miles one way to deliver)...the list goes on.

Pros

Flexibility

Freedom

Everyone knows Freedom isn't free so don't expect to be compensated for your mileage and a good hourly as it should be however the freedom to make my own schedule is worth it for me

Semi-Decent until you realize they don't care about the drivers at all

There are some good paying gigs, but if they or the sender makes a mistake, you could end up driving hours to make a $4 "inconvenience compensation."

Pros

Flexible schedule, sometimes you make good money

Cons

Driver support is almost non-existent, insulting "compensation" rate of $4 when orders are messed up by Roadie or sender, order sizes are not always accurate, support may tell you one thing and then you experience something quite the contrary, difficult to receive reimbursement for toll costs since there are no longer receipts for tolls

Some good, mostly bad or alright. Not great pay.

The support staff is helpful to the extent they can be. I found myself frustrated that I couldn’t hop on the phone to talk with support staff. Texting while driving is dangerous, and Roadie not having an option to call support staff is reckless. Time is money—this economy does not encourage me to pull over for 5-10 minutes to complete a slow-paced texting conversation with support staff to introduce and resolve the issue of the moment. Please let us call. It’s safer and faster. Also it’d be great if you paid drivers more.

Pros

Good flexibility

Cons

Bad compensation, so-so support from Roadie staff—what they can do is limited.

Expect the Norm

Not much to expect. it’s flexible of course. but some of the deliveries they have available just dont pay enough for the mileage & gas that is used. decent side hustle in your free time.

Fun to work with Roadie...

Fun to work with Roadie...you make your own schedule and you are on your own driving your vehicle and going to and from stores to clients' residence. You deliver essential products as well as packages, electric devices, documents, medicine for customers too.

Not worth it

When I first started driving for ROADIE it was cool if you needed a few extra dollars. Now I feel its just not worth it especially with the increase of gas prices. Most delivery apps like Insta-cart, Uber eats and door dash offer incentives, but not Roadie. The gigs are just enough for you to put gas in your car to deliver their products. You may see a gig that's pays $40 for you to drive 140 miles. They get over by saying since you're on your way to this area anyway we'll pay you to take this product to it's destination. It's just not worth it!

Account was deactivated

My account was deactivated over something that I didn't do. I did explain to them what happened and still was deactivated. It is nice to have side income but to deactivate over something so small makes no sense

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Can be slow at times

Unsatisfactory fulfillment

Work is contract based. Not very many opportunities, and the $$/mile ratio is less than adequate. The management and support within the working jobs are a huge waste of time for contractors.

Pros

Open work schedule

Cons

No benefits and inconsistent work availability

Flexibility is best!

Gas on travel eats up a lot of money. No higher management to assist with larger issues. The perk is being able to accept multiple gigs in one swoop. No ranking power in the company.

Flexible hours.

Good company. Pay could be better. Once hired, you have to submit to get a gig (delivery). It can take awhile to get that gig accepted. Not sure how they choose which driver gets selected for the gig. I’ve been in the parking lot of the store where the delivery was supposed to start. But was not choosen. They were small items that fit in my car easily.

Customer service for drivers sucks

Driver relations are really bad customer service is usually not even acceptable never have any answers or solutions for there drivers when you can finally get in contact with them

Pros

Easy money when app is working properly

Cons

Customer support is really bad I mean really bad

Freedom

Its an excellent job with plenty of freedom. I deliver from 5 to 10 trips per day and the rest of my day is mine. Ive never felt so free besides when i was a kid.

Lots of orders to pick from but I hate having to be approved for orders rather than just picking them and running the orders to the customer.

Overall it is a good company to work for, they just need to fix a few problems and have more communication with drivers. Not letting customers cancel after order has been picked up

Common questions about Roadie

Answered by current and former employees at Roadie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadie. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.8
InHerSight Score
4.4Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
5.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Roadie with

Learn about Roadie in popular locations

• Roadie