Roadmaster Drivers School Employee Reviews

keep looking
roadmaster (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2019
unless you are family or friends of upper management your job isnt safe. They hire inexperienced family and friends to run the company and all school employees are scared of them unless you are part of the IN group. They are creating a horrible work environment for everyone. Hopefully someone wakes up and sees through the BS before its too late.
Pros
helping people
Cons
everything else
Roadmaster Drivers School was a decent place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2019
It was a good environment and I learned a lot about sale. The people I worked with we great but the company changed when they were bought out by a trucking company.
Pros
Great work environment and co workers
Cons
unattainable requirements
Think before you apply here
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2019
Be careful working for this company.. Very cut throat & underhanded.. Sneaky. Love doing unnecessary pop ups & scheduling meetings that have nothing to do with work. Don't really boost morale in any type of way
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Classes start every week
Very Stressful
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCJanuary 8, 2019
Go into work on Mondays @ 7:00am start days Tues. - Fri. 8:00am

Meetings every morning @ 8:15am where are your students..... Background come back, Finance completed, completed drug tests and physical? You have really only 2 days to enroll a student for the next Monday start. By Wednesday you are working on the next next Mondays start
Minimum 4 starts per week, sound easy be my guest.

75-100 phone calls a day, emailing, texting the students unable to reach by phone.

4-6 Interviews a day
Getting ready for new Management, had acting Manager there for 6 months cleaning up.
Cons
Starts every Monday
Great Environment!
Assistant School Director (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 8, 2019
I absolutely loved working for Roadmaster, unfortunately they left the Cleveland area as their business model did not fit in this market. They gave me excellent skills for my career growth!
I am able to work from home
School Administrator (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNDecember 27, 2018
I have been able to work from home but my boss wants me to travel more and I am not happy about that but I love my job. I love working the students and being able to help them strive in the workplace.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Phone rings constantly
Poor upper management. Desk managers
Director (Former Employee) –  MidwestNovember 14, 2018
A company that was bankrupt when bought by Werner Trucking. Micro management at its best, most upper managers fear for job pushing school directors under the bus so to speak.Multiple School closings across the country, traveling supervisors who have no business in this role. A person involved in Nursing schools allowed as a Supervisor of CDL training. A very poorly ran company ,just look at their failures in closed schools. Let school Directors do their job and learn to listen...it's not Rocket Science but you try to make it by your Micromanaging
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too many to list
Very unprofessional and unethical place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 7, 2018
No room for growth or advancement, management dose not listen to employee ideals ,management changes rules on daily basis, and dose not own up when they make mistakes
Pros
Working with students, office employees, and outside vendors
Cons
long hours, little pay, no advancement, poor management bad attitudes unethical work practices
too stressful, no fun
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2018
boss mike was only nice to you when you made him money. they took away my sick leave while I was out sick then fired me when I complained. i would never work there!!!
Pros
help others
Cons
bad management
It went from good, to bad to just plain ugly
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2018
Started out as a great place to work, but with the recent changes, things have gone downhill. The pay is nice, but not worth the issues and dealing with the deceit. We have too many people trying to tell us how to do our job, and most of them don't know anything. Too many managers telling us what we are doing wrong and nothing we are doing right. You have to be part of the "in group" to be treated decent. One person runs Roadmaster and its either you are friends with him, or you need to find another job before he lets you go...I am looking. Honesty and Integrity isn't part of their vocabulary and sadly its only getting worse.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Bad Management Changes - No Common Sense
stressfull job, bad corporate
customer service, sales support (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 27, 2018
I was actually hired by a sub company called carreer pathfinders, they were really awesome but there is a huge disconnect with corporate. some school locations were in really bad areas and some of the staff at said locations were not nice to prospective students.
Great job for someone who doesn't have issues with no training
Amisssions Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2018
Highly competitive call center environment. No training but I was able to learn the job on my own. No on the job training. Could have been more employee friendly and better training.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
no team work
Not a good place to work in atlanta
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
Not only are female employees harassed so are the students and when reported to HR nothing gets done. Many students called HR but never even got a call back. Also lots of racism at this particular school.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long stressful hours
products as great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  5025 Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33610June 14, 2018
I would give the company a great review as far as training and the instructors are great. A lot a people liked it and a lot didn't. It depends on the attitude of the person. Admin worked really hard to make sure students had all their documents in order to continue.
Pros
Training material
Cons
temperature control
Good job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2018
Great people to work with. Very relaxed atmosphere. Great rewards knowing that you have helped someone obtain there CDL so. That they can start their new career
Fun place to work everyone is really nice
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMarch 31, 2018
Very good company to work for paid you well and treated you fairly always took care of there employees and the students who came in. My boss was very understanding if something happen in your life and you need to take the day off.
Pros
Paid well, great hours, great people, busy work
Cons
Health care, dental care
Good School
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2018
A great place to study. Management wanted you to be successful. Adequate directions and instructions. Sometimes hard to get the concepts due to such a large class. The weather was hot and almost unbearable but plenty of water was provided to the students. Great collaboration between the students to help each other learn. Overall, it was a good place to learn and the staff was always ready and available to answer all questions.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Big classes
training for CDL-A license
Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2018
Mostly nice staff but ownership and management was unrealistic in enrollments due to lack of enough leads to reach the enrollment goals.. They lost the GI BILL VA Account and some of the Tribal Grants but still expected the enrollment to be maintained
Pros
mostly nice staff
Cons
some difficult staff/managers and unrealistic sales goals
Great Team
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Roadmaster is a very productive and friendly place to work. The leadership was very supportive and allowed you to do your job without and everyone worked as a team.
Pros
Graet working environment
While I was Director there it was a great experiencw
School Director (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NC 28335February 12, 2018
While I was there at Roadmaster I was able to triple the yearly average. Raise their cash balance along with the P&L.
I was able to do this by making good decisions for the school.
Work hard and you will make great money at Roadmaster
Pros
Lots of leads, plenty to do and the money is not bad either
Cons
Hardly any benefits worth a hoot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadmaster Drivers School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9