Roadmaster Drivers School Employee Review

View all Roadmaster Drivers School reviews

It went from good, to bad to just plain ugly
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2018
Started out as a great place to work, but with the recent changes, things have gone downhill. The pay is nice, but not worth the issues and dealing with the deceit. We have too many people trying to tell us how to do our job, and most of them don't know anything. Too many managers telling us what we are doing wrong and nothing we are doing right. You have to be part of the "in group" to be treated decent. One person runs Roadmaster and its either you are friends with him, or you need to find another job before he lets you go...I am looking. Honesty and Integrity isn't part of their vocabulary and sadly its only getting worse.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Bad Management Changes - No Common Sense

Other Roadmaster Drivers School Employee Reviews

Hostile Work Environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 30, 2019
There is a great deal of unethical treatment of students and staff, within a hostile work environment, favoritism, nepotism, unrealistic expectations all taking place in a run down dilapidated building.

The school is being run by two expunged cops that are bullies who have very little experience in how to run a school; they're only doing what they know, bully people. When I went to HR for harassment, I became a target followed by retaliation and I will be pursuing a case against this organization. I am really surprised that the parent company, Werner Enterprises, has allowed this activity to continue, especially in this day and time when dignity and respect should be the minimum cost for admission.

They are charging students a premium price for CDL training and when they graduate, they have a restriction on their license, they can only drive automatics.
Pros
Some staff members became like family
Cons
Hostile environment, unethical, micro management, favoritism, nepotism
A learning pace
Driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2019
I lost a job over a minor disagreement. I'll miss it, but I am creative enough to keep going, and self driven in ways that I amaze myself. My students express their disappointment when advancing to the next level in this driving course. I embrace new round of students on a weekly basis.
Pros
Work enviornment
Cons
Long hours (hampered by commuting).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadmaster Drivers School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9