Roadmaster Drivers School Employee Reviews

Great Team
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Roadmaster is a very productive and friendly place to work. The leadership was very supportive and allowed you to do your job without and everyone worked as a team.
Pros
Graet working environment
While I was Director there it was a great experiencw
School Director (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NC 28335February 12, 2018
While I was there at Roadmaster I was able to triple the yearly average. Raise their cash balance along with the P&L.
I was able to do this by making good decisions for the school.
Work hard and you will make great money at Roadmaster
Pros
Lots of leads, plenty to do and the money is not bad either
Cons
Hardly any benefits worth a hoot
Excellent Road Instructors . Training Director has great Leadership.
Class A CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2018
You must experience the accelerated/concentrated training on the pad as well as on the road. The curriculum is spot on with the requirements of the department of public safety guidelines.
Great experiment
Truck Driver Class A School (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJanuary 18, 2018
The school was great with great instructors. I was able to learn things correctly and really become knowleagable about things pertaining to trucking. It prepared me for everything.
Demanding and fast pace
Reginal Vice President of School Operations (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Good place to work, owned by Werner enterprises, you must enjoy training to be a solid fit and have patience working with students. there are good days and bad days like any other job. but in the end enjoyable helping others
Pros
Owned by Werner
Cons
Stressfull
Too many people in management sitting at a desk in another state making decisions and unrealistic expectations. Weekly meetings stressful and negativ.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHNovember 9, 2017
Too many people in upper management creating unrealistic goals for the school. No consistency in direction or expectations. Never had any new hire orientation and training was not specific and changing all the time. Poor training and communication amongst management. Negative work environment instead of a positive work environment.
Poor management, ,terrible compensation for work and skills instructor's provide
CDL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
DO NOT COME HERE IF YOUR HOPING TO MAKE A DECENT LIVING. CDL Instructors are the reason the students aquire the skills needed to pass their exam and obtain their CDL. Management micro manages every aspect of your day. If you want to feel like you make a difference in providing your skills and knowledge from experience gained, and be compensated fairly then look elsewhere. You have been warned. Also, in regard to being an instructor at roadmaster be prepared to be on the pad outside no matter the conditions.
Pros
Maybe a weekend off
Cons
Pay, management, working conditions
High School Enviroment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
Very unprofessional environment. Everyone is either related or has never worked anywhere else. Therefore lacking the dynamic of a.modern culture. Constant turnover of admissions rep because of this and very poor management
Pros
Students are the only not
Cons
Poor Managment Bad financing practices
Professional instructor
DOT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2017
I take care of my students. I teach them how to be safe .Getting them home every week is my mission statement to all.I am at a point in my career where I just want to drive.
Caution - You can do better.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHAugust 15, 2017
Current management is VERY unprofessional with no management training. Morale is low. There are no teambuilding activities for the staff. Benefits are horrible. Don't anticipate a raise or recognition for your hard work. High turnover rate among employees. The school opened in June 2016 and just one year later, only "one" employee remains.

The pay is low and the demands are high. The trainers are required to work 10-12 hour days 6 days a week.

Excellent Managers are let go for things they have no control over. They can't make people sign up or pass the drug test, background, credit or physical.
Pros
Helping students succeed.
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, morale are all below average.
Roadmaster
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 17, 2017
Being in the post secondary educational industry since I have been 19 and I have never worked with a company structured the way Roadmaster is. The environment is not perfect, but it is something I love doing and I was willing to overlook minor things. Training for the company is in a "working-on-it" status. Meaning they are in the process of restructuring it. They have recently been acquired by another company and many changes have caused me to look for opportunity in the post secondary educational industry.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
stability (financially)
no respect
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 7, 2017
This is not a company that you can commit long term too. There is a significant amount of intentional drama and management does not seek your best interests.
Fun People to work with
CDL examiner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Great people and in house management staff.
You need alot of patients and be willing to go the extra mile with the students.
Pros
Enjoyed the job and people
Cons
Alow more time for tasks at hand
Fast paced and fun to work at with great people
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARFebruary 6, 2017
I loved everything about my job as Office Administrator at Roadmaster Drivers School. I was devastated when they came in and said we were closing. It was fast paced and there was always something to do. The school director and coworkers were the best. We were more like family than coworkers. A typical day involved making sure that each student had paid all monies due, that physicals and drug screens were complete and updated in the system. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people from all over the country every week. The hardest part of my job was when I had to send a student home. I wanted to see each one of them complete the course and go on to be successful in their new careers.
Family
School Director (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 18, 2016
Roadmaster is a family orinented copany, most of the school's are good hard working people and love working together. They have a good support staff. I liked seeing students pass and be able to start a new career.
Very unprofessional environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCNovember 11, 2015
I was fired with no grounds, I opened complaint and received un employment but did not receive my job back. Its about who you know.
Nice relaxed atmosphere.
Student Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2015
Was a good place to work. Most people are friendly. The work pace is steady. All leads are provided. Upper management is out of touch and are often clueless has to how things could be improved.
Pros
Relaxed environment, only 40 hour work week. Local management is great.
Cons
Dead end job. Upper mangement not responsive.
Uninspiring workplace that wears on your patience
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2012
Arrive at work, get told you're not good enough. Do your job, get told you're not enough. Meet your numbers, get told you're not enough. That is a typical day. Leadership is uninspiring and demotivating. 100% commission, only paid after student graduates, which is at least three weeks. Once enrolled, you have no control whether you get paid. Finance and the Director can drop a student at any time without letting you know, which takes away from your pay. The corporate office treats you like a number, which is no surprise. There is no room to grow at all. You are stagnant from the moment you are employed. This is from someone who has met every goal possible that was set by corporate. You do get strong leads, though. The only plus.
Pros
leads
Cons
leadership, commissions, work atmosphere.
Working
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 20, 2012
High volume office
Different people
Admissions
Customer Service
Filing
Accounting/ payabe or receivable
Pros
self pace
Cons
long distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadmaster Drivers School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9