RoadSafe Traffic Systems Employee Reviews

Lots of back stabbing by management
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 10, 2018
Management micro manages everything employees do. Lots of backstabbing by management and employees. Not a productive place to work. I learned that people are not real there
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Na
Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 24, 2018
Roadsafe is a job to have sometimes the hours might get slow by they going to keep u working a little hard work want hurt .going on 2 years strong in still going
Pros
Speed
Cons
Hardwork
Its an ok job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 13, 2018
Lack of career advancement...Managers are ok an will look out for their crew, per diem rates are a little low and the pay could be a lot better due to the dangers of certain jobs
Productive only if you're on the right team.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
My review will say this: I got hired at roadsafe in Houston Texas and not even 3 weeks later was laid off due to "downsizing" That's just for starters, I was paid well but what is the point of getting paid well when you don't get ours? This company is ran by mostly family who give the other family members the best work and vehicles to drive. The rest of the jobs are rationed out however, there is favoritism at this company in this location anyway. I was always placed with a Mexican crew and they always spoke Spanish, I did not know Spanish so I did not really know what was going on and they would always leave me. The equipment here is severely outdated, and maintenance is very slow to fix any issues. It's the summer time in Houston Texas year around so I hope you have ac in the truck provided. As much construction there is going on in Houston Texas you would think there would be overtime galore but these people penny-pinch and watch you time like their paying you out of their own pocket. The place is also very unorganized and very dusty in the warehouse so if you decide to work here I just want you to be up on everything the good and the bad, but there is so little good here. And if you're used to a fixed schedule you can forget it because these people will change your schedule at the drop of a hat you may be schedule to come into work Monday at 7 only to get a call on Saturday saying they changed your time to 11 that night.
Pros
Traveling, per diem, frèe hotels
Cons
On call like schedule, unorganized, favoritism
Got to travel and see new places alot
Shop Manager/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 28, 2018
It was a good place to work they made me midwest district mechanic then there were 9 branches they close my local shop and move me to a main shop that was a hour and a half away from my house. So with that and takening care of fout states got to be to much.
Pros
Good money.company truck. Pretty good guys to work for
Cons
Never home for my kids.wasnt home when my wife needed me around
To many people getting fired especially minorities
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
Horrible environment. They need an ethics investment, also they lack advancing with various job offers. I felt uncomfortable as a minority there seing less people of color in management. Give you bad directions for people who been there longer than the new workers. They need a full review from the State of Florida. They get away with to much. Toxic working environment.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Wont last you cant advance.
Pay is decent / Hours based on Weather
Traffic Control Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 30, 2018
The pay is decent however the hours can vary due to the weather. Management is very nice. Long hours and a lot of drive time after working long hours..
Pros
Good Coworkers, Pay Rate
Cons
Short Breaks, Long Hours, A lot of Drive Time
Busy, lots of work to be complete.
Driver, Instructor, Forklift (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2018
Long hours, good work environment, nothing to terribly hard or difficult, simply do as told or instructed and you'll move right along. Best part is everyone is generally friend and willing to help you learn.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hard to find time to eat when working so much
Competitive work place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Good Company, good benefits, needs to improve a bit the work environment. I gain a good grasp of the Accounts Payable role yet under pressure at sometimes.
Overall good place to work
Traffic Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
Great place to work hours suck sometimes I work graveyards daytime guys got more hours no scheduled days off but always approved PTO days great benefits and great people to work with
It was a good place to work.
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 28, 2018
I guided traffic to lead them to detour roads. It was a good experience. It gave me the opportunity for team work, as I worked with others. We wore uniforms.
Pays good. Work is moderately physical. Stress is high.
Traffic Control Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCMarch 28, 2018
Good place to work. Minimal room for advancement. Fast paced. Great benefits. Summer hours are great. Winter stays consistent. Manager is a good person.
great job long hours and good for first time job holders
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
if you don't mind standing for long hours and pay that keeps you from being homeless this is the job for you. To start with 11.50 an hour and progressing to a traffic control supervisor and then on ward with pay increase as you go it's the best anyone can ask for
Pros
great pay and benifets
Cons
long hours in the sun/rain/mabe snow
job descriptoin
Road Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2018
it was a nice paying job just looking for a better one needing to relocate and look for a job that is closer to home i am currently moving out of the la area
Good place to work for
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Tulare County, CAMarch 8, 2018
This is a traveling job,also your working in different cities and weather conditions . The co, workers are friendly and polite and good to work with no problem's
Pros
Nice places to work
Cons
N/a
Lied to from the start of employment
Traffic Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Benton, KSFebruary 21, 2018
Lack of managment, rude, untrustworthy company. No time of, even if requested. Worst company ive ever worked for. do not recommend. stay away from them.
productive and exciting
Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 25, 2018
I learned a lot with the company,its fast paced and you can make some real good money there if you want to and have the go get it attitude. equipment is on point and the staff is caring and considerate of the employees issues.
Cons
Sometimes the hours can get long
Productive and Fast paced
Certified TMA Operator (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work if you like working all over the DMV. lots of driving equipment is on point ,office staff is considerate and caring.you can make some money if you want to work.
Laid back and easy going
Road Crew (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 24, 2018
I give roadsafe a 5 star review great place to work good co workers good pay only down side is it's kinda slow in the winter time . You do learn a lot working here
Pros
Pay
Cons
No vacation or pto time
Productive occupation
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Overall a great place to work if you need hours and experience. Long work days, but as long as you stay busy, they go fairly quick. Co-workers were my favorite part of the job.