Roaring Fork Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2017
RFRG has a good work/life balance, opportunity for growth, extremely stable franchise and overall good culture. People are always available for help when you have questions.
Poor culture, leadership and direction
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2017
I would never recommend anyone to work here, either at a restaurant or in the corporate office. They lure you in by making you think it's a cool place to work, but there is nothing cool about the way this company is run or how they treat their employees. Employees are discouraged from taking a lunch break and it is frowned upon to leave at 5 p.m., even if the workload is low (which it is often). Benefits are average, PTO is almost nonexistent, and leadership acts arrogant and entitled.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything - Do not work here!
Not sure
Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 2, 2017
People called in all the time and I was made to do the work of 3 people. No one was ever reprimanded. The managers do not take charge and I had to often open the store by myself.
Pretty good starting job
Cook/Dishwasher/Server/cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 18, 2016
Roundys is a fair company with good hours. With time it can be enjoyable. Easy to learn with friendly workers. The customers can be a bit harsh but the managers are by your side to help out.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Rude customers
Corrupt, lazy management/Making workers do more than job description
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work started by getting at work not knowing if the shift manager would have the store open at the time my shift started or not, followed by finding out if and how many catering I would have to cook, and turning on all of the machines used for cooking in the day. Then i had to estimate if i needed to prep black/pinto beans to ensure we didn't run out for the day. On the same note taking out and cooling pork/beef or checking if I needed to put them in the oven. The catering department would call if there was any short notice caterings to add, and by the time the managers got me the list of food needed I would have as short of a notice as 30 minutes. The managers very rarely helped out even unsure if I could get it done in the time requested. I had two and a half hours to get all of the food cooked and up on the service line for when we opened. During when we were open i had to maintain food in the hot box(food ready to be brought up to service line) and bring up any food and replace the old product with the new. I also was in charge of cleaning any/all dishes by the time i left. This was only a requirement for me since i was the only cook able to do it everyday which really made me sketched out about the whole company. I would be barked at by the general manager to do a WHOLE lot more than any other employee. Calling for a day off was almost impossible too since the general manager would make threats as to the status of me keeping my job in a very unprofessional manner.
I learned that all company's don't really care too much about their workers and too watch
  more... out for businesses that are short staffed and can't keep any employees to stay. Although the company clearly had it's problem, on a positive note, I learned what I am truly capable of.
Like up above the management over-all was very unimpressive. Bad attitude and did way less than expected of any lower ranked employee. This created a tension and a feeling of unfairness for all of the lower employees. I wouldn't recommend to anybody that likes to live in fear of losing your job if you don't do exactly what your told when your told to even if you're busy. I believe the main problem was with the GM he didn't do anything like he was supposed to and in the one meeting we had, he concluded it with saying he would talk to all the employees one-on-one(which he never did) just to sound good for his boss. A very power hungry man, in my opinion he liked to tell people what to do just to feel like he had control, his requests were often because he didn't want to do it himself.
The hardest part of the job was trying not to quit everyday because of being told what to do knowing that all of the other employees with the same title weren't required to what was required of me while making the same hourly wage as i was.
Most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
Pros
Got to sample food, smoke breaks as long as you had everything done.
Cons
stressful, horrible management, petty GM