Robbins Brothers Employee Reviews

Dont do it!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 11, 2019
The negativity from mgmt is unlike anything I’ve experienced. Micro management is rampant, training is on computer that has glitches, manager constantly interrupting, trailing you like a hunter! Corporate simply does not know what goes on at locations making it senseless for direction. Commission based pay which starts AFTER 30k paid into. Diamonds are too expensive ,quality questionable,to sell.expensive,policies outdated, managers hound

employees, you will make minimum wage here with
Unlimited opportunity for those with an abundance mind set
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2019
In reading the reviews on this site, it compelled me to write one. Why? It seems, to me, those that didn't work out weren't the right fit culturally. The salespeople work about 40 hours per week, which for a professional sales role is much less than other opportunities that have the financial opportunity Robbins Brothers has. They promote from within the fold, as often as possible, and the retention rate of key team members is unheard of in the retail sector. Give them a chance and decide for yourself.
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2019
Robbins Brothers has no structure. It’s all derived from favoritism and who you know. This company lacks in many departments. They offer little to no benefits. They do however, auto enroll you (whether you want it or not) in a 401 k plan that doesn’t match a penny yet charges you fees monthly to save your own money. Medical is expensive (almost double what most companies charge and if you have a family just forget about it). Their pay structure is so complicated that your fooled upon starting. They “guarantee” you a certain amount but really pay you minimum wage plus commissions. The commissions are cut to practically nothing if you discount the item AT ALL. Employees have 0 perks. No free food, no Xmas party, no Xmas gift, zero. They don’t even allow you to drink the coffee or water that they offer to customers.
To sum it all up, they make you think your joining a store that truly cares about you and has a culture. They do not.
Poor Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 7, 2019
Love working for a place where customer satisfaction is od upmost importance however, a very mismanaged company .from the VP and CEO's to General Managers in stores to the organization at the corporate office. Lacks structure and organization on multiple levels.
Great place and Fun times
DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 21, 2019
The management backs their employees and wants them to succeed! They want you to make the absolute most on your paycheck. The other employees become more like family than co workers. Decent benifits and a fun atmosphere.
Pros
Pay and people
Cons
Sunday’s and time off
Professional working environment
Human Resources & Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 27, 2018
Primary responsibility was a bi-weeky payroll for CA employees.

Given opportunities to improve the structure and pay platform

Had an assistant who offered great support
Pros
Friendly management and staff
Cons
compensation low
Disappointing
Worker (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAJuly 31, 2018
I had high hopes for this place. Poor decision making from management. Stressful environment. Understaffed. Poor communication with employees. Disappointed.
if you dont wanna have a life,work here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 9, 2018
the management team is totally unorganized the hours such, dont ever thing about getting a weekend off, so much corporate rules and the company thinks they are they best at everything
Pros
used to be good commission
Cons
everything
productive and fun place to work
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 14, 2018
A very good place to work for. Upper management and staff are very friendly. Provide free lunch during month end and other special events. Treat everyone with respect.
Geat enviornment
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Working there was a great experience. Working in the office was enjoyable. The company allows room for growth. Training was always enjoyable and educational
Fast paced sales with a romantic atmosphere
Sr. Diamond Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Helping couples in love is a rewarding job. Its a fast paced job with a collaborative selling environment. Plenty of opportunity to grow if you have the drive and skills.
Great place to see you hard work pay off.
Director (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeFebruary 12, 2018
I have had a long career at Robbins Brothers; the work has been challenging and the rewards have been great. The company has a strong culture with a core of high ethics, teamwork, and mentorship. This is a dynamic environment in which you will have opportunities to test and develop your abilities every day. Our leadership is humble and approachable; our open door policy is put into practice and your ideas get consideration at the highest level.
Pros
Growth, Ethics, Team Work, Mentorship, Compensation
Cons
Na.
Passion for my company!!!
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about working for Robbins Brothers in the Dallas store. Management is beyond supportive and truly cares about all the employees here. I have worked for other jewelry companies in the past and was used to being just an employee number. Here, I have a name and I am very proud to work for this company. I have been a sales Consultant here for almost 7 years now, and I truly wish I would have found my work home with Robbins Brothers many years before that.

You are paid for the effort put in, and very fairly. Every company should value their people like this company does. But then again, if every company was like this, then Robbins Brothers would be the norm. They are so far beyond that. Definitely a massive distinction in company values and culture. Sure we have our ups and downs as does any store or any company for that matter, but this is my family!
Pros
Excelllent Leadership, Caring company culture, Pay
Cons
We work Sundays
Stressful
Customer Service Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Stressful and difficult to move up in their system. Management is not always there to help you the way they should be. They have no loyalty to their associate.
Great work atmosphere, great benifits, great co-workers
Sales Associate, Office manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 27, 2017
My Job was to sell diamonds/engagement rings. I had a monthly quota to hit. I loved being able to help people find the ring of their dreams for such a special occasion. Some months it was hard to hit quotas, but you had to become creative. Great employers and employees.
Pros
benifits, discounts, paid vacation, advancement.
Cons
sometimes hard to reach quotas.
Sale Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 6, 2017
The most challenging part of this job is the politics that come along with selling. The culture is great with everyone becoming almost like family members. If you do not have a selling, competitive personality then its difficult.
Fun Job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 14, 2017
My time spent at Robbins Brothers has been a fun one. I enjoy providing the service that Robbins Brothers has to offer. They do provide a higher quality product than most, as well as go the extra mile to take care of their guests. I have had the pleasure of working in 2 different locations.The atmosphere from one store to the next is night and day mainly due to the management change. The only thing that I'm not a big fan of is that it can feel like they are more focused on taking care of whats good for the company and can sometimes dismiss the employee.
Pros
The pay potiential
Cons
The pay structure, the hours required
Understaffed Makes things Stressful
MERCHANDISING AND SPECIAL ORDERS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 11, 2017
Depending on the department your job can be pretty easy but in other areas the amount of work 1 person has to do is enough for 2 or 3 people causing problems keeping up especially during the busy season. Advancement seems difficult.
Productive companfy and play basketball
Electrical Mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 9, 2017
Fun, busy, always something new, pleasant, climbing in tight .spaces, team work, u can smoke outside anytime, coffee at anytime, pop, listen to music, plenty of overtime, they bought pizza, subs, play basketball during breaks, fun and active
Pros
Pops were cheap, and tghey bought lunch
Cons
Ciggerate breaks at any time
Cashier / Billing
Customer Service/Billing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed running credit checks, opening new accounts for in store financing of fine jewelry. accounts receivable and billing. Small claims department clerk for 5 surrounding store locations at the time.
Pros
Employee discounts on jewelry
Cons
moved out of area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robbins Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.