Robert Half Finance & Accounting Employee Reviews

Great company overall
TAX CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
Robert Half provided quality jobs and quality assistance on many jobs. Enjoyed working with staff especially downtown group. Want full time permanent but would be happy to recommend Robert Half Finance.
Temporary assignments.
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 14, 2018
I found working at at Accountemps (A Robert Half Co.) fun. I was sent on temporary assignments to different locations. Most of my assignments were of the bookkeeping nature on a part time basis.
Pros
Varied
Cons
Not secure
Would not EVER tell Anyone to work for Robert Half ( DISGRACEFUL )
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 24, 2018
Complete disgrace. Save your time and important time for someone else. Promotes the idea of getting mystery jobs. Extremely disappointed. Down right SHAMEFUL !
Pros
Honestly " ZERO "
Cons
The Cons are the " Hiring Agents "
It is a okay to work for
Indexing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
It was a okay company to work for. But the recruiter do not call you back when you are calling for assisignment. I work for them in the past and never experience what I have this time
Pros
recruiter do not call you back when you are calling for assisignment
Cons
Not very professional
Cut throat Environment
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Very high turnover. Employees are micromanaged and held to strict metrics. Very cut throat environment which I guess is typical in a sales environment. The training, however, was good.
OK if you are flexible
Temporary Accounting Positions (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
Agents try to get you jobs with desired wages. Worked with different representatives, seemed to have high turnover.

I preferred a longer duration with with a specific employer.
Very Professional Environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 25, 2018
Great Atmosphere to work. You are well informed as to your job description prior to going out on an assignment. The jobs that you are sent on the employers are very professional and you are properly trained as well.
Pros
Always keep you informed about job assignments
Cons
Need more permanent job positions.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 24, 2018
The management is terrible, they are rude , lazy, overworked, and they do not have good Customer relations skills with temporary workers. Temps are treated like trash, and they do not show them any consideration. They barely give them enough time to learn the job, and they decide to throw quite a bit of work in their face after the first day. I don't like to be mistreated and picked on and that is exactly the way Mouthpiece Communication treat the temporary workers like nothing.
Pros
paid lunch and bread
Cons
Hardly no training, Management rude disrespectful, argues at employees
what I learded
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Florida, NYJuly 22, 2018
I learned that ALWAYS keep an open mind, educate your self always!
Learn all about the company you work for because you never know when you will be asked to work for another department.
Dog eat Dog
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 19, 2018
While I admire the work ethics and drive that many at Robert Half have there is a cultural tendency of putting individualistic goals over team goals. A typical day is spending the majority of it on the phone. I cannot express more the level of training you receive while there though. It is top notch in my opinion and the most enjoyable part of the organization. However, the hardest part of the job is attempting to get other recruiters to work with you as a team. Placing your own candidates on your own job order pays a lot more than placing a candidate on a team members job order. So, there is a habit by recruiters of hoarding ones candidates for personal gain. So the workplace environment is one of mistrust, disassociation of the team mentality, and denial of these issues by the veteran establishment.
Pros
Training
Cons
Culture, management, and stress
My job disappeared without warning
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
I had a temp position that disappeared one day with no advance warning. All I was told was that "I was not a good fit" by someone at Robert Half. The lack of communcation was appalling and unprofessional.
Pros
I'm not sure
Cons
Indifference towards people who work as temps or contractors
Not great pay, not great management, not interested in placement
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  mid-wilshire, los angelesJune 26, 2018
i have worked with them and received excellent reviews but, they never called me to work again despite qualifications & experience. Always stated I wasn't good fit when ALL requirements are met. Some management do not care about workers or contracts. Not a very stable or nice environment for a worker. Too many people to place and ONLY the "click" are used.
Pros
Pay could be great but, they still low-ball you.
Cons
Don't care about you, your experience or you working at all.
Great opportunities
Payroll Technician/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 26, 2018
Very flexible with my work schedule. I can leave for a few months and then get right back into working. The staff is always pleasant and accommodating. The staff listens and finds the right job for me. They do not make me feel "guilty" for turning down an assignment. Love the employees at Robert Half.
Pros
Flexible
Cool introduction to Contracting
Senior Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
Working as a contractor gave me great experiences in different ares of accounting: Treasury, reporting, Management, Training, as well as networking with people in companies of various size.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Would have liked some contracts to become permanent job offers
Mgmt not very good with contract workers
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2018
I had been placed fulltime perm, 5 mnths later I was let go & RH would not help me find another Perm or Temp job. This was awful for me because I had NO FAMILY to help support me for the time I got my next job. Then I went to RH for the SPP. that lasted 3 mths. Then I didn't want to travel 3 hrs away for an assigmt., made me understand if I didn't take the job of committing back and forth and weekends come home, they would let me go (which they Sold me on the fact that I would likely stay in the Bama area for work). Now I feel they have black balled me and WILL NOT HELP OR DID NOT HELP ME FIND A NEW JOB...THEY ARE AWFUL!
Pros
Not much to mention
Cons
Awful Mgmt., Pay not great for a MBA, SPP is a JOKE!
Great staff
Various Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJune 18, 2018
The company is great, but temporary; looking for a permanent job. As with a temporary agency, there are no benefits and mostly temporary positions. I am requiring both a permanent position, and benefits.
Poor management for a big firm
Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2018
Recruiters don't get back to potential candidate. Unprofessional. Unreliable. Poorly manage. Don't recommend to family and friends. Lots of jobs opportunity.
Pros
Lots of job opportunities
Cons
Poor management - does not get back to potential candidate
Good Co-workers
Senior Consultant, PMO IHeartMedia NY (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Great relationship managers.
Every effort is made to ensure a good fit.

Decent pay.

Need more focus on higher level consulting opportunities.
Does not care about what you are interested in.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2018
They will place you anywhere there is a need whether you like it or not, and if you ever refuse an assignment, they will black ball you and never call you again for jobs. The last job I went on was for Admin Assistant, and that job had me cleaning the whole week. At one time they had me in the kitchen opening up expired beer and poring it out. That was an all time low for me, but I needed work. Robert Half asked me if I wanted to stay another week on that assignment. When I said "No", they stopped taking my calls.
Pros
They will find you work...
Cons
But the jobs are the worst
Saved my career
Salaried Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2018
Robert Half Management Resources saved me from being an Accounting outcast. My boss there is one of the best bosses I have ever had and for the first time in Florida I was treated with respect.
Pros
Exposure to different industries
Cons
Companies they worked with had some flaws

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half Finance & Accounting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about