Robert Half Finance & Accounting Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My job disappeared without warning
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
I had a temp position that disappeared one day with no advance warning. All I was told was that "I was not a good fit" by someone at Robert Half. The lack of communcation was appalling and unprofessional.
Pros
I'm not sure
Cons
Indifference towards people who work as temps or contractors
Not great pay, not great management, not interested in placement
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  mid-wilshire, los angelesJune 26, 2018
i have worked with them and received excellent reviews but, they never called me to work again despite qualifications & experience. Always stated I wasn't good fit when ALL requirements are met. Some management do not care about workers or contracts. Not a very stable or nice environment for a worker. Too many people to place and ONLY the "click" are used.
Pros
Pay could be great but, they still low-ball you.
Cons
Don't care about you, your experience or you working at all.
Great opportunities
Payroll Technician/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 26, 2018
Very flexible with my work schedule. I can leave for a few months and then get right back into working. The staff is always pleasant and accommodating. The staff listens and finds the right job for me. They do not make me feel "guilty" for turning down an assignment. Love the employees at Robert Half.
Pros
Flexible
Cool introduction to Contracting
Senior Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
Working as a contractor gave me great experiences in different ares of accounting: Treasury, reporting, Management, Training, as well as networking with people in companies of various size.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Would have liked some contracts to become permanent job offers
Mgmt not very good with contract workers
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2018
I had been placed fulltime perm, 5 mnths later I was let go & RH would not help me find another Perm or Temp job. This was awful for me because I had NO FAMILY to help support me for the time I got my next job. Then I went to RH for the SPP. that lasted 3 mths. Then I didn't want to travel 3 hrs away for an assigmt., made me understand if I didn't take the job of committing back and forth and weekends come home, they would let me go (which they Sold me on the fact that I would likely stay in the Bama area for work). Now I feel they have black balled me and WILL NOT HELP OR DID NOT HELP ME FIND A NEW JOB...THEY ARE AWFUL!
Pros
Not much to mention
Cons
Awful Mgmt., Pay not great for a MBA, SPP is a JOKE!
Great staff
Various Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJune 18, 2018
The company is great, but temporary; looking for a permanent job. As with a temporary agency, there are no benefits and mostly temporary positions. I am requiring both a permanent position, and benefits.
Poor management for a big firm
Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2018
Recruiters don't get back to potential candidate. Unprofessional. Unreliable. Poorly manage. Don't recommend to family and friends. Lots of jobs opportunity.
Pros
Lots of job opportunities
Cons
Poor management - does not get back to potential candidate
Good Co-workers
Senior Consultant, PMO IHeartMedia NY (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Great relationship managers.
Every effort is made to ensure a good fit.

Decent pay.

Need more focus on higher level consulting opportunities.
Does not care about what you are interested in.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2018
They will place you anywhere there is a need whether you like it or not, and if you ever refuse an assignment, they will black ball you and never call you again for jobs. The last job I went on was for Admin Assistant, and that job had me cleaning the whole week. At one time they had me in the kitchen opening up expired beer and poring it out. That was an all time low for me, but I needed work. Robert Half asked me if I wanted to stay another week on that assignment. When I said "No", they stopped taking my calls.
Pros
They will find you work...
Cons
But the jobs are the worst
Saved my career
Salaried Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2018
Robert Half Management Resources saved me from being an Accounting outcast. My boss there is one of the best bosses I have ever had and for the first time in Florida I was treated with respect.
Pros
Exposure to different industries
Cons
Companies they worked with had some flaws

Want to know more about Robert Half Finance & Accounting?

Ask a question
Icy Reception, High paying Temp finds
Subcontract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 22, 2018
The reception here is a bit stand-offish, but the account managers are very friendly and helpful. There is space for work and training at the facility, but is discouraged and only used for testing in favor of "at home" training and testing, which doesn't work for everyone. I'm a bit spoiled by my experience at Professional Staffing Group of Boston, which had professional advancement work stations at the office and really helped me land them two full-hire commissions. Low paying "starter" positions here, such as Data Entry, seemed to be lacking in favor of meatier 14-18$ hour temp jobfinds. The skillsport tutorials are outstanding, and they do a great job of interviewing and trying to match what employees and employers are looking for.
Pros
Great salary job finds
Cons
No on-site training, limited testing, icy reception.
Almost 20 years dissolved
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2018
After 19 years RH has dropped me. I was on an assignment and had to leave on an emergency regarding my kidney patient husband. I'm trying to get back.
Rate of pay
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 9, 2018
I did not work within Robert Half but what I did not like is the rate that I was paid, I think Robert Half structure does not give enough to some employees who are representing them in the field.
great place to work
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 9, 2018
These people will bend over backwards to help you meet your personal and professional needs. You can call any time to speak to your personal "guide" to direct you to your goals.
The worse place in the Galaxy system
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY, Paramus, NJMay 7, 2018
I always got the worse assignment only calculated to black list me and put me on their radar not to be hired for future assignments.

Employment agencies like these must be shut down so employees can be treated right.

More employees must start suing and put them out of business.
Pros
zero
Cons
conartists.
Poor Management and very rude
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 4, 2018
Very low rates and unfair rules. They will place you anywhere as long as they can receive a dollar.

The staff at Robert Half are very rude and have no compassion for people looking for work.
Pros
This is an agency used to obtain temp to perm employment
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2018
I was an employee of the agency in order to secure temporary employment while I was in between jobs. They are very professional in finding job placements.
Poor All Around
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 27, 2018
RH is very quick to get you in the door to meet with you, to meet a quota, but follow-up and actual placement is a joke.

I never heard back from them! Several positions they had open were a 100% match to my experience and skill set, but never a call back.

Management is a true joke. People come to you for help and placement, not to be a push to your weekly numbers.

I do not recommend at all.
Pros
Giving you hope they will help
Cons
No call backs, no return calls from voice mails or responses to emails.
Very Poor Management
Sr. Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI; Houston, TX & San Diego,CAApril 22, 2018
I've given Robert Half several opportunities and each city and every office I've had the same results. Overall lack of enthusiasm, poor management, not working on your behalf, will allow you to be released from an assignment, then black list you from getting other jobs. If you do get a job they will put you places where you will fail or give you lower pay as punishment.

Hate this company to the utmost. Would never refer them to anyone and I've been in Accounting and finance over 30 years.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything is s con
Can find you employment
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 16, 2018
I worked a temp to hire job so I didn't have a lot of exposure to the staff at Robert Half. I really only worked with the people where I eventually became employed.
Pros
Find employment
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half Finance & Accounting. Our community is ready to answer.