Robert Half Finance & Accounting Employee Reviews

Awful Management
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
I turned down a position because the pay was too low, and I ended up finding a job outside of Robert Half. The notes on my profile stated I was let go for attendance. I left them for another job. They didn’t leave me. If the Recruiter would have taken some time she could have looked at my time sheets. Clearly it was not for attendance. The previous person was just trying to cover their behind because I left unhappy, and the company also had to find another temp. With another agency.

Never take a job there even for interim. They will place you, and leave you to fend for yourself.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, takes too long to get assignments, they ask questions without doing research
Representative do not care about you
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CaliforniaNovember 12, 2018
The agency only cares about making a profit off your hard work. And you are just a temporary employee. They only call you if they need to fill clients request. They ignore phone calls and do not consider your feedback. Only consider about clients feedback.
Pros
Temporary work to make extra money
Cons
No advancement to a permanent job
Good placement
Payment Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 11, 2018
I have worked in all aspects of a Professional Company. They have always taken my best interest in consideration.

My calls where always returned quickly, and they always offer training.
Pros
Check out different types of businesses
Cons
No paid sick or time off until you work many hours
If you have time to waste this is the recruiter for you
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I have been employed in accounting and finance for well of 20 years. During the rare times when I've been between jobs, I've tried to utilize the services of Robert Half, both the offices in Overland Park, KS and the office in Atlanta, GA. It appears that they are alike in there non responsiveness regardless of where they are located. It begs the question why bother running non stop job postings if you don't ACTUALLY HAVE JOBS. I would strongly encourage candidates to try other agencies believe me there are some that will respond to your application, this is NOT the one.
Pros
Cons
Lack of jobs, lack of response, waste of your time
Great place to work it was temp job
Buyer-Procurement Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44114November 7, 2018
I had a great time working for Robert Half they sent me to some great Job. Every job that I went to the culture was great. Management was great. I enjoy purchasing
They rammed me through and left me out to dry
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 26, 2018
This Company only cares about holding on to their Clients. They never checked on me or how I was doing. I was thrown in a job where the company was clueless and the employees could NOT train me on what should have been simple explanations because every time I asked a question they look at me like I was an alien. It was constant confusion from them. Most of the data was incorrect and I would spend time trying to figure out what to do on my own, then ask my trainer and she would say "Oh that wasn't suppose to be in that data" EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I knew enough about the job to wing it for a few weeks but when the training employee was extremely rude to me that was it. The company Robert Half sent me to had low level staff and management all in one room and the misogyny was choking. I didn't even sit with the people who were doing the job I was doing and I had to listen to MEN berate people all day long on the phone. Last straw was when some management guy said "Did you check and see if she had taken her meds?" about someone who worked their permanently. I got up, went outside, called Robert Half and asked if I could be reassigned. They said no and if I quit this job they would not ever reassign me. EVEN after I explained the situation. In so many words I was told if I would just "take it" they would probably hire me permanently. UH Really? I would rather clean toilets. I am POSITIVE that Robert Half knew of these problems and did not care about what I was about to get into. Very Deceptive in my opinion.
Pros
NONE unless you like Con Artists
Rudest Recruiters ever
n/a (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Account Managers are extremely rude. Job seekers are not their priority, their clients are not their priority, their priority is their image not their relationships.
They refuse to tell you the length of an assignment, and urge you not to question the hiring company. If you do not take the opportunity offered or cancel an interview, they will disrespect you.
Pros
they find decent jobs
Cons
Rude recruiters
Not a Place to Find A Secure Job
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 25, 2018
I would say Robert Half would be the best fit for people ok with temporary short term assignments at a lower pay rate. I had a bad experience trying to find permanent placement. They charge their clients a very large fee on top of your hourly rate and a large fee to hire a contract person directly from them, and I suspect this is definitely a disadvantage to scoring a permanent job. Their job ads use a lot of puffing to attract applicants but beware of smoke and mirrors. Apply to direct hire ads if you want a secure permanent job.
Pros
They find you interviews
Cons
Being a Contract Employee Has Zero Job Security
Robert Half's Management
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 23, 2018
The Gurnee & Northbrook office, are not at all Professional and the recruiters never return phone calls.
They have their picks.
The staff stinks altogether!
Cons
Very poor management team & recruiters
It’s ok if you’re not looking for something long term
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2018
Been working for them about a year. Never had any real issues until I turned down an assignment. Was told that I should take it to remain in good standing. No thank you, I will just go elsewhere where my efforts are appreciated.
Cons
Short assignments, less than top pay
Where is the money?
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 9, 2018
This company attempts to low ball you with the salary. Do not take the bait. After I called them out that the salary posted online was different for several positions they offered me, they acted as if they knew nothing that I was referring to then stopped calling me with offers. They are cut throat.
productive and fun place to work
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Effectively communicates to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form.

Proficient in MS Office applications

Ability to communicate with customers using a telephone instrument or in person while maintaining composure and control.

Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
Felt very comfortable
File Room/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed the assignment that they sent me to. Comfortable, relaxed and team tat I worked with was informative and allowed you to learn and put in your input.
Pros
nice environment
Tough and Fast Paced Environment
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
It's a hectic place to work and a mixture of cold-calling companies and interview candidates. Wasn't the right fit for me but people who find success here REALLY find success.
Pros
You get what you put in
Cons
Sink or swim mentality
Great company overall
TAX CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
Robert Half provided quality jobs and quality assistance on many jobs. Enjoyed working with staff especially downtown group. Want full time permanent but would be happy to recommend Robert Half Finance.
Temporary assignments.
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 14, 2018
I found working at at Accountemps (A Robert Half Co.) fun. I was sent on temporary assignments to different locations. Most of my assignments were of the bookkeeping nature on a part time basis.
Pros
Varied
Cons
Not secure
Would not EVER tell Anyone to work for Robert Half ( DISGRACEFUL )
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 24, 2018
Complete disgrace. Save your time and important time for someone else. Promotes the idea of getting mystery jobs. Extremely disappointed. Down right SHAMEFUL !
Pros
Honestly " ZERO "
Cons
The Cons are the " Hiring Agents "
It is a okay to work for
Indexing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
It was a okay company to work for. But the recruiter do not call you back when you are calling for assisignment. I work for them in the past and never experience what I have this time
Pros
recruiter do not call you back when you are calling for assisignment
Cons
Not very professional
Cut throat Environment
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Very high turnover. Employees are micromanaged and held to strict metrics. Very cut throat environment which I guess is typical in a sales environment. The training, however, was good.
OK if you are flexible
Temporary Accounting Positions (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
Agents try to get you jobs with desired wages. Worked with different representatives, seemed to have high turnover.

I preferred a longer duration with with a specific employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half Finance & Accounting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about