Robert Half Legal Employee Reviews

Not a very professional place to work
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2018
Not a very professional place to work for if you are a contractor, management does absolutely nothing to help you either advance your career or help you find a new career in your chosen field. If you are under a contract with them in a division, there is absolutely ZERO chance they will try to help you get a different position within a different division within Robert Half. I would never recommend working for this company to anyone, ever.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Too many to list
It was a temp agency I didn't expect much
Legal Researcher- Temp (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 13, 2018
They had their favorite folks that they sent out to work. They didn't really advocate for us employees when sent out to jobs. The pay was fair. They offered benefits that were decent..
A great temporary employment resource
Executive Assistant - Legal (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 30, 2018
I reached out to Robert Half prior to my move to the Phoenix AZ area. I was able to begin work immediately once I relocated, with a firm that was pretty well matched with my skill set. I appreciate RH and their staff in their diligence and excellence.
only contract
Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant, Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 29, 2018
Not committed to providing direct hire positions. Say it is a temp to hire but it is only for a short period of time. Say it is for 3 weeks but is only for one week or less
Great Placement and Helpful Career Starter
Document and Operations Attorney (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
Robert Half was a helpful first step in getting my career after law school on track. They were able to recognize my skill set and properly place me in a contract role that I then used as a springboard for my career.
type of work
Temp (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX houston, txAugust 23, 2018
different assignments and length of assignments varied as well. administrative, accounting and receptionist assignments. they would call when they had an assignment
Pros
temp work
Cons
not always working
Worst place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
Management is terrible, training is worse. Favoritism runs rampant and if your manager seems you unworthy then there is nothing you can do to overcome it. Manager was completely useless and seemed to think negative reinforcement was a great way to drive the moral of the team. Turnover was also atrocious yet management never wanted to look in the mirror and admit they are the problem. Some teams are killing it because of great leadership. I was not lucky.
Pros
Lol
Cons
No work life balance, Terrible management and training was atrocious, It’s impossible to stay positive when management is constantly berating you.
Productive, team environment
Conflicts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Relaxed but productive team environment, worked well together received all assistance as needed. Good firm with nice employee perks, including breakfast.
Reputable company to work for. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for work in the Legal Administrative field.
Clerical and Administrative Professional (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 7, 2018
Being able to get full time hours for most assignments was a plus. I gained lots of new experience to add to my skill set. The environments of the assignments were overall pleasant. Although I was not pleased with benefits package offered, and the paid vacation and medical leave hours were very hard to earn, the overall hourly wages of the assignments offered were satisfactory for starting wages. Pay raises were also difficult to attain for long term assignments.
Exciting, varied and fun.
Various temporary assignments as receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2018
I worked as a temp for Robert Half. I loved the variety of positions and places I worked. The only true downside is lack of job security and of course, fewer benefits. It's a wonderful thing to get to participate in so many offices and observe various corporate cultures. I recommend temping to determine what you like, and where you fit.
Pros
Variety
Cons
No paid holidays unless you work a certain number of hours continuously.
Somewhat Helpful
Paralegal, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
It was difficult to get in with Robert Half when I first graduated paralegal school. I went there and interviewed and heard nothing back. I actually got a job referral from a friend and interviewed with a company but they had a contract with Robert Half to fill the position temp to perm so that was how I started working with them.

After I had 3 to 4 years experience they actively sought me out to try and fill open positions. There has been some turnover though so I've worked with multiple people, sometimes even when applying/interviewing for the same position.

I recently interviewed with a company that wanted a second interview with me but RH told me the position was filled. Then called me back to tell me they had confused law firms and that the firm I interviewed with did still want to do the second interview.

They are somewhat disorganized but they do send job opportunities that I don't see on job posting forums and they are an advocate for me, considering my travel/time, and salary requirements.
Productive Company in helping others find legal employment
Contracted Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Typical work day was valued with the hours worked and the pay per hour. You are given long-term assignments and others after one assignment has ended.
A professional document review service
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
My experience was highly professional and collegial, and provided useful litigation training that has benefited my current legal work as welll as my understanding of civil litigation.
Law Clerk
incoming and outgoing mail
customer service
switchboard
filing
Very nice people at the actual Legal firm, but, not paid well enough or with room for advancement.
Ford, Walker, Haggerty & Behar, Legal Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2018
Great place to land and start to learn and get my food in the door in Las Vegas, NV, but, not enough full time hours or room for growth or payment, no benefits.
Pros
Great people, an hour lunch.
Cons
unpaid holidays and lunches and no benefits, not 40 hrs.
Paralegal
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
Facilitate law firms with paralegal oriented tasks. However, the pay for contract positions is insufficient equivalent to $13.00 at 2018 dollars. Therefore, I would not recommend this position.
Good company for temp work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2018
Good company for temp assignments the stability is the bigger problem you never know when you are working but they are a good company that pays wel and is pretty flexible
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Stability
Cafeteria and a Starbucks in the building
Medical Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 5, 2018
I could only say that its a Temp staffing agency and I was able to work for them for sometime If I ever need a temp assignment I will go back to them the only thing they need to work on is the follow ups
Classical Culture and Company Hierarchy Structure
Legal Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
Robert Half International's classical structure and hierarchical culture produces both the company's strengths and weaknesses. They exemplify longevity by promoting from within, but they don't provide millennial-oriented office perks that tend to be standard within startup, technology, and innovative companies.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No budget for perks
great company!
Administrative Assistant/ Legal Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2018
I would highly recommend anyone to work with this agency. Very responsive managers and excellent law firms. Thank you --------------------------------------------
Pros
Great
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half Legal. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.1InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight