Robert Half

United States12,160 reviews

Found 12,160 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,825 reviews
assignmentaccountempshalftemptemporaryagencyplacementrecruiter

Temporary Job

Robert Half is a staffing agency, this is a great company to work for if seeking experience/entry level position outside of current field. They offer temporary, temp to hire and some permanent positions.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

no vacation, personal, sick time

Great opportunities to get hired

Great job selection. They match people really well with jobs their interested in. I loved all the assignments they put me on and their agents were always communicative

Robert Half insights

Based on 2,875 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things

Management cares

I worked with Robert Half recently and they placed me in a temp to hire role. It was great and I was hired FT. Management listened half way through my assignment and encouraged me along the way. The only con I have is I wish there was some PTO like a day after two months you could earn. You get burned out working as a temp. No work no pay and you may have an appointment or something. Overall love this company and recommend to anyone looking for a change or just out of college.

Wasn't with them long enough to answer some of these conclusively

This is what I CAN say for sure. ALL of my direct and indirect managers were amazing. The only issues I had were the benefits themselves through HR. I think I asked a lot of questions they would have to take time researching. They were very good with the basics, but I also have a 25 year background between being a primary contact for benefits, am a CCHW, as well as a medical background in electroneurodiagnostic technology, EKG, HR, and sleep medicine. I did the last position for multiple reasons. ALL the managers were amazing. I was able to help on difficult cases.

Pros

Super nice, listen really well and very patient and understanding

Cons

They are missing an element. They have all

Bad communication

Robert half is a company I will never work for again. They have a lack of communication and terrible leadership. You can be terminated by a third party client.

I had an excellent account rep

My account rep was excellent at communication and providing me prompt feedback.Management at my assignment was in flux so my assignment changed slightly, nonetheless a delightful experience.

Different

This agency that does not provide the amount you’re willing to work for. Somehow I always get lower when I work for them. Hours and distance are provided that is requested.

Pros

Hours request to work and distance

Cons

Low salaries

Productivity and friendly

I enjoyed working with the team. I recently accurate 💁‍♀️ about my assignment . If I needed to seek employment I would would choose Robert Half. I am a Patient Account Specific. The job is stress free and have been great

Great Richmond office

The people in the Richmond office were great. Awesome place to start your career and even know so many years after leaving working for Robert Half pays dividends as anywhere I interview there’s someone there who was also a Halfer.

Pros and Cons with Robert Half

Wonderful company to work with. They offer a very thorough training course to prepare all their new hires and set them up for success.. They do however seem to decide pretty quickly if you’re picking things up fast enough. If they feel your not as knowledgeable as they want you to be after about 6 months. They quickly decide if your worth keeping it not

Compensation was great! Assignment expectations very high

This turned out to be a very good transition job for me as I moved across many states to my new home and I was able to remote in the beginning. I did not feel it was a great fit for me but compensation is top notch.

Contract work

Very quick, easy onboarding. Weekly paychecks. Lots of opportunities for future contracts. Would recommend if looking to get into contract work. Deduct 1 star for little interaction/follow up during the contract.

Hard Working Staff & Great Jobs!

I truly enjoy working with the Long Beach, CA Robert Half team! They have always come through with amazing opportunities and have helped me advance my career in ways I never imagined!

Great job but the benefits lack

I absolutely love working for Robert Half. However, the benefits they offer new hires is the absolute worst when it comes to what’s actually covered and the benefits groups costumers service. At the same time, I am grateful to even have benefits at a temp agency.

Pros

Connected with great companies & great pay

Cons

Healthcare coverage

Wonderful team

What can I say? Work from home, solid pay and a really good work culture. I will say the insurance situation is a bit messy but it’s been the most stable job of my career.

Good place to gain experience

The staff at Robert Half was easy to work with. Benefits were average. Moving from client to client was a good way to gain experience and get some perspective on different industries.

no instructions or directions by supervisor and no training at all

Good pay but management provided no support whatsoever. Really obnoxious and not helpful at all. Supposedly had a 2 week training but provided no clear instructions to complete a task and when asking questions, they dont want to hear it. Very disappointing.

Time off

When given time off to Robert Half they are very accommodating in advance. Funerals as for myself. It was still unpaid and this was very upsetting. Being a temp I can understand all the other times but a funeral for immediate family I do not agree with. Other than that I loved working with Robert Half and their Staff. Everyone was very polite understanding etc.

Pros

Staff was polite

Cons

Funeral pay denied for immediate family.

I felt like I was just another placement

The interview process was simple enough but once I was placed I felt like that was it. It was like that didn't care how the placement was going. In the almost 4 months with their company I got 1, maybe 2 emails asking how my placement was going, and both of those happened during the first month. And the email wasn't even from my contact, it was from another rep. Which was weird. I worked with another agency that would check on me weekly-biweekly so this was a change of pace that I didn't care for. They never checked in with other opportunities thatay have been a better match for me that paid closer to what I said I desired.

Pros

Quick placement

Cons

Lack of interest in yout progress, not many high paying roles available

Productive Staffing Agency

I’ve been with Robert Half for over a year now. The best staffing agency I’ve ever worked with. I’ve never gone longer than a week in between assignments.

Good training thats it

pay is below market, training is good. Use as stepping stone to get foot in door for recuriting. Its a slaes job dont expect anything else. KPIs drive everthing

Common questions about Robert Half

Answered by current and former employees at Robert Half

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Robert Half with

• Robert Half
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?