Robert Morris University Employee Reviews

poor leadership
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
the chief academic officer was unwilling to support faculty and staff and avoided decision making. This caused a cultural disparity in work/life balance and many good workers were lost because of frustration.
A fine place to work part time
AIS Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
I only worked part time with admissions, but overall it was a fine experience. Pay was alright, overall the atmosphere is relaxed, management is pleasant.
Excellent experience
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
My direct supervisor is hands on! She is knowledgeable in the field and is always within a phone call away. The department is always available when needed, for any reason.
Productive start.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 4, 2018
This internship was very helpful to the beginning of my career. I perfected skills with various platforms online such as, Microsoft word and excel. Made outbound calls and organized files for students.
Preparation
Administrative Assistant/Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 19, 2018
This workstudy position prepares people to have some type of job experience for when they graduate to be able to put those skills to the test. This is a preparation job.
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Good Company, great benefits the tuition reimbursement is great for continuing education. The Work home life balance wasn't really there so it makes it hard to take advantage of that great benefit.
Benefits
Cons
Managment needs improvement
It was a great stepping stone
Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 2, 2018
I got to coach football, recruit young talent and do what I love more than anything in the world coaching football and recruiting my own offense. It was a great experience.
Nice school
Library Assistant - Work Study (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
The work-study jobs can be fairly easy so i recommend getting one if your near campus. It can be pretty fun at times since you get to meet alot of people.
Productive and fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I was also a student and this job worked perfect around my class hours. It was a fun and interesting experience. Everyone worked great as a team as well
Work Study
Front Desk Receptionist (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAApril 4, 2018
This was a work study position in the career center, As a student this was a very beneficial job to have. I was able to meet a lot of people who could help me with career opportunities and get me prepared for my future.
great coworkers and students
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 4, 2018
great coworkers, professors,and students. Education is wonderful. Admissions is a fast paced world, but very rewarding. Graduating students and seeing them suceed in life is the most rewarding feeling.
Great culture and low salary
Associate Director of Bookstore Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2018
The work life balance was great and the culture was fantastic. I never felt that my job was on the chopping block. I had to leave because the pay was so low. It was comically low and in a city like Chicago it was difficult to make ends meet despite having a full time job in a management position. I was working there a very long time ago, hopefully things have changed.
Great enviorment
Library Circulation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moon, PAMarch 8, 2018
I love the job because I enjoy being around the younger and up to speed generation. The college atmosphere is pretty cool and you get to meet many different people from different back rounds. Plus you are constantly learning from other workers and students.
Pros
The Staff is friendly, stress free work place
Cons
its only part time, no benefits, or discounted classes.
College with a Twist
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoy working at RMU when the opportunity presents itself. Aggressive workload for the get-it-done student!
People who attend RMU know what they are up for. Teaching helps students know what the real work world is and are ready for anything once they graduate.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Sometimes short class periods
Productive and fun workplace
Game Day Statistician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Maintained statistical records for Robert Morris University sporting events, traveled with teams while university was shorthanded and helped create media guides for a variety of sports teams.
Fun place to learn
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2018
A good place to learn alot of the technologies used by a university. Can be a lot of work considering a lot of the staff, students and faculty depend on you for all IT related tasks.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!
Front Desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I love the flexible schedule. The management team were great and trained appropriately. Working there help me gain office experience. Coworkers were friendly and looked out for each other. Management couldn't be better.
Pros
Management, pay, friendly environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
Federal Work Study - Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Nice control, work culture to be around. good people to learn from also a face pasted work center. it teaches you to be flexible with the work at hand and gained experience along the way
Excellent employer for students
Front Lobby Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 29, 2017
Our director of education was outstanding. She was a pleasure to work with as well as a professor. She was genuine and all staff and faculty made coming to work easy.
Productive and conducive for education
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Moon, PADecember 16, 2017
slow-pace work day. Very intimate work environment. Work load depends is seasonal, toward finals it can be very fast-paced and hectic. Good study-work balance.