Robert W. Baird Employee Reviews

Rewards employees
Supervision Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 28, 2018
There are a lot of diverse work groups within Baird, therefore there are many things to learn. Management were not helpful in helping you grow your career within the department. The workplace culture was filled with a ton of people who never worked with diverse people.
Pros
Investment opportunities and employee appreciation events
Cons
Privileged employees
Family environment, adaptive
Client Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2018
Baird provides many opportunities to advance your career through educational opportunities and taking on projects at work to develop new skills. The culture is very family oriented. Typically this is a good thing but can allow associates who are not a good fit to stick around.
Long tradition of excellence and continuing to emerge across the globe with solutions
SVP,Senior Talent Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2018
Exceptional culture, wildly successful and forward-looking position among peer firms.
+ CEO transition well planned and executed
+ New learning platforms adding value
Pros
Flexibility in what your projects become and priorities that fit your interests.
Cons
Sometimes a meeting culture with over collaboration
N/a
Cash Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53202August 1, 2018
Great place too work. Good benefits, culture and flexibility. Management is very supportive of those attending school and wanting to expand education.
independant working environment
On-Site Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2018
Robert W. Baird was a great opportunity to grow as a recruiter and Human Resource Manager. Being by myself on-site allowed me to make my own decisions and be my on boss.
Most enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2018
Baird was by far the most enjoyable work environment I've had. All management levels were easy to communicate with and accessible. Benefits were great and overall staff was positive and motivated.
Investment Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 20, 2018
I worked as a receptionist, answering phones, scanning, opening mail and distributing to the correct person. I learned that the financial advisor's employment number was required on all documentation before scanning. My manager was excellent in explaining the job responsibilities. The company was a good place to work at. I enjoyed working with all the people.
14 Years in Top 20 Fortunes 100 Top Companies
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 28, 2018
Employee owned. Continue to grow each year. No two days are alike. Lots of growth opportunities. Seasonal staff and family environment. Clean offices.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
Day can seem long when the market goes down.
n/a
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
Calendar management, meeting coordination, data entry, travel planning, expense reporting.
Benefits, limited and expensive.
Manage meetings, book space, secure catering, prepare meeting materials.
Very Productive, always a task that needs completion
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2017
Working at Robert W. Baird a typical day start with me making sure everything is stocked in the copying room as well as the kitchen. When the morning task is complete I report to one of my co-workers for more work in which I must complete. This may consist of filing, copying, scanning, shredding, etc. when that task is complete I often ask for more work in which I cannot disclose.The management at Baird is very interactive and respectful. The workplace is quiet and steady. The most enjoyable part of working at Baird would be the amount of movement I achieve throughout the day, also interacting with my coworkers as well.
Pros
Its a great opportunity. its allowed me to develop people skills also efficiency.
Cons
N/a
Client Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WINovember 22, 2017
The people are wonderful, and management is willing to help in whatever you may need. Having a good work life balance is very important to mamagement. Would definately recommend working for this company.
Fun Workplace and Positive Atmosphere
Senior Advisory Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WINovember 21, 2017
Working in the Operations department can be a bit stressful at times, but overall a very positive environment to work in. The associates are willing to help and every pitches in. Would recommend this company.
productive and overall nice quiet atmosphere and space to work
Equity Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Baird for the most part, worked in a small department and was left alone for the most part working with a couple of different teams. That being said, there were times when it could be difficult and lack of communication was evident.
Pros
some free lunches, paid holiday and vacation, 401K
Cons
could be made to feel inferior, tight deadlines and the blame game
Great Culture/Many Hours/Mediocre Pay
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
Great culture here, but they will work you to the bone... in a very kind manner. Benefits are pretty good. 401K has a decently high match. If you can become a stock holder, then you are good to go.
customer service
Receptionist/ Call Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2017
It was a fun place to work. The people are very friendly and caring. In my department , my co-workers were fair and helpful to each other. I noticed how everyone kept each other informed on changes and events.
You can feel the sadness and negativity as soon as you enter the work place.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2017
Very unhealthy place to work. People are pressured to do what goes angainst their believes. A lot of bulling from management. This is the worst environment I have worked at and am a seasoned employee. Your sitting arrangements are like sardines in a can. Bathroom conditions are 6 stalls for over 200 men. Same for woman.

It is a mighty white dominated place to work at. No diversity.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
No diversity
PWM Intern
Intern - Private Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2017
Incredible experience, great people, learned a lot. Wish there were more entry level jobs from this internship. Overall great culture and loved my bosses.
No training on how to do job
Advisory Operations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2017
Compensation was not good but understandable as I started as a temporary employee. I applied to get hired on full time and interviewed and got the position, but they pay did not increase at all from being a temp employee. The culture is not as cool as what people say
Cons
No training, compensation is poor
Strong Culture
Registered Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Integrity is irreplaceable. It's true. The culture at the corporate office is fantastic and supportive. It is highly encouraged to take care of each other and the client. No one hides behind company policy or their job description to make excuses.
Pros
Back office support. Integrity.
calm and peacefull
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 6, 2017
It's a good place to work, who has just started their career as a software engineer. I loved this place because it is located in the center of downtown of Milwaukee city on the shore of Michigan lake.
Pros
weekend party

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert W. Baird. Our community is ready to answer.