Robert W. Baird Employee Reviews

independant working environment
On-Site Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2018
Robert W. Baird was a great opportunity to grow as a recruiter and Human Resource Manager. Being by myself on-site allowed me to make my own decisions and be my on boss.
Most enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2018
Baird was by far the most enjoyable work environment I've had. All management levels were easy to communicate with and accessible. Benefits were great and overall staff was positive and motivated.
14 Years in Top 20 Fortunes 100 Top Companies
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 28, 2018
Employee owned. Continue to grow each year. No two days are alike. Lots of growth opportunities. Seasonal staff and family environment. Clean offices.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
Day can seem long when the market goes down.
Very Productive, always a task that needs completion
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2017
Working at Robert W. Baird a typical day start with me making sure everything is stocked in the copying room as well as the kitchen. When the morning task is complete I report to one of my co-workers for more work in which I must complete. This may consist of filing, copying, scanning, shredding, etc. when that task is complete I often ask for more work in which I cannot disclose.The management at Baird is very interactive and respectful. The workplace is quiet and steady. The most enjoyable part of working at Baird would be the amount of movement I achieve throughout the day, also interacting with my coworkers as well.
Pros
Its a great opportunity. its allowed me to develop people skills also efficiency.
Cons
N/a
Client Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WINovember 22, 2017
The people are wonderful, and management is willing to help in whatever you may need. Having a good work life balance is very important to mamagement. Would definately recommend working for this company.
Fun Workplace and Positive Atmosphere
Senior Advisory Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WINovember 21, 2017
Working in the Operations department can be a bit stressful at times, but overall a very positive environment to work in. The associates are willing to help and every pitches in. Would recommend this company.
productive and overall nice quiet atmosphere and space to work
Equity Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Baird for the most part, worked in a small department and was left alone for the most part working with a couple of different teams. That being said, there were times when it could be difficult and lack of communication was evident.
Pros
some free lunches, paid holiday and vacation, 401K
Cons
could be made to feel inferior, tight deadlines and the blame game
Great Culture/Many Hours/Mediocre Pay
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
Great culture here, but they will work you to the bone... in a very kind manner. Benefits are pretty good. 401K has a decently high match. If you can become a stock holder, then you are good to go.
You can feel the sadness and negativity as soon as you enter the work place.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2017
Very unhealthy place to work. People are pressured to do what goes angainst their believes. A lot of bulling from management. This is the worst environment I have worked at and am a seasoned employee. Your sitting arrangements are like sardines in a can. Bathroom conditions are 6 stalls for over 200 men. Same for woman.

It is a mighty white dominated place to work at. No diversity.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
No diversity
PWM Intern
Intern - Private Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2017
Incredible experience, great people, learned a lot. Wish there were more entry level jobs from this internship. Overall great culture and loved my bosses.
No training on how to do job
Advisory Operations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2017
Compensation was not good but understandable as I started as a temporary employee. I applied to get hired on full time and interviewed and got the position, but they pay did not increase at all from being a temp employee. The culture is not as cool as what people say
Cons
No training, compensation is poor
Strong Culture
Registered Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Integrity is irreplaceable. It's true. The culture at the corporate office is fantastic and supportive. It is highly encouraged to take care of each other and the client. No one hides behind company policy or their job description to make excuses.
Pros
Back office support. Integrity.
Great culture and development opportunities
Equity Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2017
Demanding job but intellectually stimulating and very nice place to work. Really help you develop professionally. Great place to develop and learn from other people.
A typical day at work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Each day brings new adventure and challenge. If you are interested in learning and growing then this is the place for you.
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work but it is a flat company so there's not a lot of room for advancement. Pay is competitive and number of vacation days as well. Good work/life balance.
Corporate culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2016
Baird lives up to its cultural commitment to the associates and clients. Top executives are committed to the firms cultural principles. There are a lot of opportunities for associates to participate in firm wide projects.
Good job culture, ok pay.
Human Capital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2016
Managers have an open door policy. Parking is limited and expensive. Good work life balance. Pay is ok. Good place for college students to start career due to elaborate internship program.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expensive parking downtown
Great Environment
Client Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2016
Great environment. Enjoyed leadership and co-workers. Everyone was aways extremely nice and capable to help if you had any questions. Corporate office did a great job with position training and creating a great atmosphere.
Baird is a great place to work. It offered many opportunities to advance my career and allowed me to pursue my interests outside of the office.
AVP, Corporate Actions Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 30, 2016
New challenges every day.

I was able to advance my skills in SQL, project management and people management.

Management was very supportive.
Investment banking
Investment Banking Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2016
Good deal flow, mostly private middle market. Good PE exposure, solid Industrials platform. Small deal teams, almost all live deals. Very little pitching. Analysts build models, associates write books.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert W. Baird. Our community is ready to answer.