Roberts Hawaii Employee Reviews

Alright
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 9, 2018
Its alright. The managnment could use some help. But other then that its an alright place to work. Its busy, fast paced. The company has good co workers.
Good work environent
Sped aide (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJuly 8, 2018
I enjoy working for Roberts they have medical benefits.The co workers are really nice and so is the management.they supply us with shirts.I love working with the special need children they are really awesome.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
No complaints
Work at minimal supervision, but on time and safely.
SPED Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 21, 2018
Was able to take school bus home and start and end work when you get home. Meeting the students and families. Our children are very special. We shall treat them with respect and show them we care about them, too.
Pros
discounts at boat cruises, night clubs
Cons
no holiday pay, not able to work more hours @ other departments.
They're the best company I've ever worked for!
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMay 27, 2018
You get what you give with Roberts. You give your time, they'll certainly give you the work. I've had some pretty crazy shifts. I've had my fair share of tantrums to my managers and countless times I've yelled the words "I quit" out of frustration. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it at all or even just a little bit. I became more than just an employee throughout my employment there. I've gained a family. I've never had managers care for me the way my managers did. It's an amazing feeling. If ever I move back to Hawai'i, I'd more than likely go back to Roberts. I LOVE YOU ROBERTS HAWAII. Even with all the drama coworkers.
Fun job
Ali'i Kai Catamaran - Hostess (Former Employee) –  Iwilei, HIMay 26, 2018
The hardest part was trying to keep the customers calm because of the seating arrangement. It was fun dispatching and meeting new people from different places. Dancing for them was the best thing ever.
Well Established Company with lots of opportunities for advancement.
Japanese speaking greeter and porter (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HawaiiMay 24, 2018
The company operates on each Hawaiian island and has been for decades. It is a great place to work as a career with lots of opportunities for upward mobility, 401k, and more.
Pros
Discounted tours, meet lots of people from around the world.
Cons
Lots of down time, irregular hours.
needs some work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 15, 2018
management needs some improvement also the way the employees are treated is not right. needs to improve on work equipment, definitely need pay raises.
Worthwhile to stick it out
Customer Relation Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 19, 2018
It's a lot of processes to learn but once you do and build a routine for yourself you will be fine. First 6 Months are the toughest the 3 before that is the worst but if you can get over that hump you'll be in a good spot to make some good money.
Pros
1 hour lunches, pad sick and vacation days, Good benefits and eventually a company owned by it's empolyee
Fast paced, driven schedule
Express Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 26, 2018
It was okay, but not paid for down time and no dental. I enjoyed transporting the customers but not loading 75-100 lb. metal suitcases. Seems they always wanted me to do one more run.
Pros
unsupervised
Cons
Heavy lifting
A positive work place atmosphere
Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 20, 2018
Typical day at work starts in the late afternoon leaving you space and time for a 2nd occupation. You will learn how to work and handle a larger room dining experience with management involved to maintain a smooth and helpful flow in and around the dining room. The family feel of your coworker being there to back each other up willing helps to get you though any rough path in the day. Theres really nothing to hard about it just show up for work. The interaction between the many cultures in and outside the work place brings days of enjoyment
Pros
health benefits 401 K and ESOP
Cons
would like more hours
A company with Aloha
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 8, 2018
With this particular company, you must be a team player. My manager really thinks about his employees and I am blessed to work under him. If you are not a team player, don't join here. That's about it.
Pros
Supervisors and manager ranks that treat you like family if you are a team-player.
Cons
If you are not a team-player chances are you won't stay for long.
Awesome Company and people
RTT - Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIFebruary 5, 2018
Roberts Hawaii Inc. Is a great company to work for. I just looking for a balance in a set pay. And not fluctuate my pay up and down. I feel if I can look for a 2nd job it can help make the difference when my pay go under my base pay.
Awesome people and place to work.
Pros
Work with your availability, fulltime benefits, Stock
Aloha
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work where they treat you like family
I would still be working here if I did not have to relocate . The company was also ESOP so you also owned part of the company basically
Pros
Fun
Cons
Breaks
My Review
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 9, 2017
I come to Work with a smile
I learn new things everyday
My Management is Good.
Workplace culture well they treat everyone like Family.
Airport Shuttle is easy it's just gotta deal with traffic.
I enjoy talking to the Passengers
Pros
Good place to Work
Cons
You get your days
good times
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 28, 2017
it was such a good learning experience from being deck crew to becoming one of their management team. I had such blast time with the most helpful HR team.
tourist tours and transportation
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIOctober 6, 2017
I loved the people and the company is very compassionate and loyal to their employees. I worked for this company 10 years and could have stayed longer if they did not fold the sister arm to the company (Captain Beans Cruises)
Pros
very nice family oriented company
Cons
layoff
Roberts Hawaii
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2017
Love working with Roberts, I was a Lei greeter there and they taught me so much things, I would recommend if you need help finding a job this is a job that you'll love to do and it's a great business with all different atmosphere and if you are a people friendly person this is the job.
Management gets all the benefits
Accounts Payable Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 26, 2017
If your not in management your at the bottom of the business. no discounts on flights or rooms just management could. They want you to work over time but not pay you.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay for your parking
You work you get paid
School Bus and Tour Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 21, 2017
Will train for CDL, and then you are set to work. Many will fulfill contract the move on to better compensating companies. Roberts does have majority of the School Bus contracts in the state of HI.
Pros
There is work
Cons
Compensation is the lowest in Transportation industry
Don't work here
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIAugust 17, 2017
Blood, sweat and tears spent working for this company to get shafted after many years of service. Managers are incompetent and never follow through from island to corporate, severely lacks any disciplinary action and and great supporters of favoritism.
Pros
Cons
poor management, communication, raises, favoritism