Robertson's Transport

• Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Okay place to start

Long hours,pay by load, no real lunches. Managers aren't supportive. Everything is usually your fault even if it isn't. Get your experience and get out after 2 year contract

Pros

Bbqs sometimes

Cons

Pay by load, long hours

Not a good company

My experience with this company has not been well. I have felt like I have been treated unfairly with the way the work was delegated and not paid well.

Pros

Cons

Overworked and underpaid

My coworkers are great people mangment needs to step up there game

Management is unrealistic with there expectations. The drivers an dispatchers are great people. You do not make what they tell you in recruiting. Turnover rate is extremely high. Would not recommend working here.

Pros

You get to enjoy one day off

Cons

Dont take breaks due to management

Horrible company

Good place to go to get your cdl and experience but then run like the wind. Management sucks and they will put blame on you when it’s not your fault.

Pros

Get your cdl and get paid locally

Cons

Everything.

Decent stater Company, but that’s about it

Robertsons is a decent place to come in with your CDL if you have no experience however you won’t be compensated fairly for the amount of work you perform. My advise for anyone coming here is put your time in to get your experience & look for better opportunities down the road.

Pros

Free monthly barbecue’s, good driving experience

Cons

Pay, schedule, long hours, no weekends off.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Long Hours when there is work.

Paid per load, long hours, paid training. Deliver powder cement from High Desert to Las Vegas, San Diego, L.A. and Inland Empire. Average 300 to 400 miles a day 6 days a week with Sundays off. Graveyard and Day Shifts. Will get written up and points for any accident.

Pros

Basic Benefits including 401k with Company Match.

Cons

Lack of management and Job growth.

Easy work no one bothers you ok pay

Manager pretended to be good with you but as soon as you turn your back it’s a different story Great first driving job for the experience and they pay for training but get out as soon as you get your experience specially if your other truck driver doesn’t like you they’ll make sure they find something wrong with the truck just to blame you and get you points make you look bad with the upper management And once upper management has a view about you they stick to it they won’t even ask you about it or try to get to know you and see if the comments your driver made are actually true or not don’t trust anybody there unless you work with the corona buddy’s there a great group of guys on a good day if Robertson doesn’t screw you we made between 250 300 a day night shift and day shift if they where lucky would probably hit 200

Pros

First good job to get your driving experience

Cons

Everything else

Powder driver

One of the best jobs I have ever had, A really great group of people from the trainers, HR all the way up to the general manager. The trucks are all in pretty decent shape And they don’t micro manage you. The only negative thing is maybe the 12hr days and you work 6 days a week but that’s trucking. I quit due to some hearing problems but wish I hadn’t. I would definitely recommend this company!

Pros

Great management, decent equipment

Cons

Long hrs, work on Saturdays

Repetitive work

Long hours (10-12 hours per day, 5-6 days per week), uncertain when will be off. Rules change and are not told about changes. Can be a cut throat environment. Coworkers were great though.

Security

Looking for stable pay and security this is the place. You work 6 days a wk so theres a lot of hrs but the pay off is what counts. Pretty much you get what you work for.

Great company

Great company to new people to get your driver license great experience you can change your position in future the pay good when you start at least $4000 a month in summer with zero experience and less at winter because of rain will champ in near future I have my friend they can make over $6000 a month.. I love Robertsons Thanks

Greedy Selfish Company

Im not recommending this company to anyone, drivers are not treated fairly, pay is ridiculous. You are paid by the loads. This company load pay rates are so low that you literally have to drive like a mad man and do 6 to 7 loads just to make $100 to 200 for the day. This company takes no responsibility for the environment it creates. If you already have a CDL don’t bother applying, they don’t really like hiring you. They want the no experience people, that way they can lock you in a 2 year contract.

Think twice or three times before working here<

Robertons transport side,3am-3pm or 3pm-3am shift,starting rate low wages + per load,inclement weather causes work to be slow or none,job security good if you show up and don't have accidents,no advancement,management treats you like your expendable,rushed work environment,high turnover rate,job culture fairly ok

Don’t work here

It’s the hardest way to get your Class A CDL. You learn more about how to the job then to drive the truck. First trainer I had was more worried about loads and going home then training an individual. Second trainer was awesome. I learned more from him in 2 weeks then I did from my first trainer in 4 weeks.

Decent starter company but that’s about it!

It’s a decent place to get some good driving experience under your belt however you’ll have to work 60 plus hours every week in order to bring in a decent paycheck. Pay is well below on what it should be for being a professional truck driver thus leading to a high turnover rate all the time. My advise to anyone coming here is stick it out here as long as you can to get your experience & look for better opportunities.

Robertson's life

Working for Robertson's has not been bad. It's hard to have find a balance between your work life and home life. Your gonna work 6 days a week. Pay is ok. But could definitely be better.

Pros

Benefits, 401K, Pay, Getting experience

Cons

Long hours, time off, no life outside of work

Job is tough minded, so if you can relate to things that are not always easy, you will do fine at this company.

The job is tough and its 6 days a week, also tough. They pay every week, and there are lots of jokes and laughing among employees, which makes things better.

Pros

People, pay, benefits

Cons

6 days a week does really suck but you can request Saturday off every week.

Didn't enjoy working there

Never felt they cared about their drivers. Hardly had any time off. I worked very hard for them, rarely took time off and it didn't seem to matter to them.

Pros

Decent pay after you've been working there a few years

Cons

Not much time off, very slow paced.

Close to the worst trucking job you can have

Like others have said, use this place for training and experience, then go get a real trucking job. It's very dangerous driving their trucks, they should use dual tires on the trailers, but they use singles, which make the trucks swerve all over the road, really hard to keep them in the lane. Other bottom dump companies use dual tires on the trailers and they drive straight. As far as management, the dispatchers give you too many loads, which doesn't allow drivers to take breaks or lunches, The company has been sued several times over this and has lost each time. A super boring job, as you just do the same thing over and over, very monotonous job. The wages are the lowest in trucking, only way to make decent money is to work 20 hours OT. All in all, a very sad and depressing place to work.

Pros

Hey, it's a job I guess

Cons

Low pay, too many hours, dangerous equipment

Leave the bad and take the good.

Basic day is: Come in pre-trip truck, call dispatch for load, get loaded at your quarry (if u park at one) transport load to local ready mix plant, and repeat. Honestly the job is easy and reaptatuve, they use to have Sat’s Off but now are mandatory. They have a Saturday of list for every week and try to be fair and give u 2 a month. Come busy season (summer) good luck. They give you a 12hr shift schedule but if you finish your loads early you can call it a day. Be prepared to work the night shift when u start. First year is hard due to low percentage but it goes up every 6 months. Seniority is BIG here. Not work ethic. Their benefits are good, Good to rack up your exp to claim, But the pay could be better. Your paid by percentage of load and every route is different in rate. I’m in Palmdale and we have some of the highest rates only cause our runs are longer than normal so you we do 3-4 loads but u can expect to run 5-7 loads in the city area to make ends meet. Cool job if your young, single, veteran, or work alcoholic other wise it’s hard to get used to but you do. Management is the worst and are always in a bad mood which make you see how long and miserable they are from working here 10yrs+. Everywhere you go has its pros n cons you just have to weigh out what benefits or makes sense too u more and make a decision. Great job for starters but if your looking to make amazing money and better time off u might want to try something different. There’s advancement but it’s limited and expect to be here for a LONG time. Unfortunately the old timers or most seniority works here seem -

Pros

Benefits, stable company, paid every Friday, easy.

Cons

6 days on Sundays off, odd starts times 3am, management

Lots of work

Good work environment I worked on the transport side and really enjoyed it. Knowledgeable drivers that can help or answer most any question. Pay could be better. Mandatory 6 days a week. Slows down in winter rainy season.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Better pay/ mandatory saturdays

Common questions about Robertson's Transport

Answered by current and former employees at Robertson's Transport

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robertson's Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Robertson's Transport