Robinhood

Working at Robinhood: 43 Reviews

United States43 reviews

managementjobworkgreatlunchemployeemanagerlot

The good and the Bad

The work environment was very welcoming and diverse. They also had fun workshops you could sign up for to bond with other employees which were great! As for my internship experience itself the team I worked with we're all supportive and welcoming. Unfortunately I didn't feel supported by the mentor assigned to me. I felt I was held back a lot from great opportunities and had to seek help from others to gain the knowledge I needed to help me succeed at my internship. Although my mentor made my internship experience negative, Robinhood itself was really great.

Pros

Diverse and Welcoming

What is the best part of working at the company?Friendly environment with seemingly a lot of opportunity to positively affect change in the organization early on.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Company doesn’t realize it’s a brokerage or appreciate how brokerages are supposed to run. Everything is driven by the tech side. Service and support are an after thought. As such, it’s hard get needed changes prioritized, there’s constant restructuring, and poor senior leadership (enabled by poor hirings from the broader business that never bothered to understand service) on the brokerage side leads to a dysfunctional group and terrible customer service.Westlake and Tempe site leads are/were particularly incompetent and largely surrounded themselves with self-serving sycophants.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s like an adult summer camp. Many people who don’t realize or care that it’s supposed to be a functioning business and that’s why it bleeds unnecessary overhead costs and still performs so poorly.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Hard to stay motivated. So much needs fixed there is always plenty to do. But there’s no real oversight and extra effort often doesn’t end up getting implemented anyway. You can make yourself as busy as you want or just good around all day and it usually doesn’t get noticed either way.

Robinhood insights

• Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Young company

Lots of change and uncertainty. But it's a great product. I think it just takes time to get their growth managed properly. Lot of turnover and board members leaving after a short stint which leaves the company without direction. Founders are great leaders, but they need operations managers who can get to the nitty gritty detail of everyday work.

Easy

Easy job with good pay. Good culture. Great benefits. The only thing that you need to worry about is if you’ll be laid off with no notice.

Good Place to Work, but Unstable

You will fill many different roles, and the company is still trying to figure out most things from corporate structure to compensation. I would work there again, but keep in mind that you could be let go at any time.

Good benefits; very misleading expectations

First of all my role that I was hired for no longer exists. At first it was a pretty cool role; but after about 6 months the excitement wears off once realizing a lot of things that were advertised are really just unfulfilled promises. It’s a glorified customer service job where you’re baited into working harder than your role under the guise of moving up but you stay at the same rate you’ve been at for years.

Great job

Great job, obtained my finance licenses here & had the best benefits. I loved working at Robinhood, however our entire office was laid off. I hope they do great and maybe I can return one day!

Reaching for the stars and settling for the middle.

Robinhood started as a great idea with a terrific culture and some of the best employees you could ever hope for. Upon being hired on, people often said "this is the best place I've ever worked and I'm so glad I'm here" and opportunities for upward mobility were numerous. Around mid 2021, the tower began to fall. Upper management would tell us to voice our opinions, but ultimately didn't care what we thought and weren't honest enough to tell us what was happening. Even when threads had to be shut down because the feedback was so negative, management would proceed anyway and talk about how great everything was. They unironically said "we do things differently here, but other firms aren't doing that, so we won't either" and poorly communicated massive changes to the point that All Hands was effectively a long corporate empathy statement with the message of "sorry you're mad but we don't care." Upward mobility became non-existent and you sat and watched your friends hate their jobs and the organization more everyday.

Pros

Great pay and benefits, lots of exceptional people and the best managers you could ask for, still remote

Cons

Management doesn't care about feedback, no upward mobility, horrific security systems, customers hate you, constantly going downhill quick, micromanaging your schedule, frequent layoffs

Amazing benefits and balance

The compensation was top notch, benefits the best I've had in 10 years. The opportunities to grow and learn were great. I was able to really join many groups and projects really provided the ability to be part of the community.

Pros

benefits, pay, work life balance

Cons

unstable future in the area I was hired in.

Good Place to work

I was a contractor, so while I got lunch and *so many* snacks and beverages for free, I didn’t have the benefits that the actual FTEs got. I was paid $16 per hour, which was fine in 2019 but in 2022 I hope they have raised salaries for people in this position. Great culture, but there is an unspoken gap between contractors and FTEs.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Contractor Benefits (or lack thereof)

Best corporate culture, worst upper management

The work environment was excellent. My co-workers and immediate management were amazing, supportive and a joy to be around. The C-suite, however, seems like they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. They kept frequently changing the company's focus and transparency all but disappeared. The company never took the proper steps to recovery from the GameStop fiasco. Because of this, along with other missteps, Robinhood was forced to reduce headcount by 32% this year.

Great culture and benefits

The benefits are amazing. Everyone is willing to help others succeed. And Managers don't micromanage. It has great work/life balance. They are also very into diversity.

Room for growth

Robinhood is a good company and they care about their employees. There is always room for growth and training opportunities. The benefits are very good as well.

Remote Customer Service Representative, 9% layoff :(

I enjoyed my time working with Robinhood as a customer service representative. I worked remotely, so my work/life balance was great. I got to spend time with my dog, take him on walks, etc. This is the most encouraging and welcoming workplace I've ever worked in! Everyone is incredibly kind and eager to assist if you ever have a question or are stuck on a case.I gained experience in Salesforce, Major Oak, and Jira, which I never thought I would. However, one of the issues I faced was the career advancement in this position. I felt like there was favoritism and they would just advance anyone they were friends/close with⋆·All in all, I was sad to be part of the 9% that got laid off. This job was my only security while finishing school. And as someone who had an injury just a few months back that limited my work. I wish they had given a warning, and instead, all of sudden, I couldn't log into my employee log-in.

Pros

Remote work, co-workers

Cons

Mass Layoff

It sucks

Worked here for over a year, when I was hired I was told it would be permanent work from home. Then they told us they were moving us to site but wouldn't give us a date but advised us to be ready whenever they decided to do it. I live 3 hours away from their projected site location, when I told them I couldn't make that drive they said if i can't then they will have to let me go. I work really hard for this company and my stats are amazing. My AHT, my adherence are great, but last month I had a rough month and wasn't pulling a bunch of surveys. They threatened to fire me if I didn't get 2 perfect surveys within 4 days. It's just ridiculous. There's no job security here. So if you wanna make garbage pay and constantly fear losing your job then sign right up!

Overall good company to work for

Overall the work is rewarding with a clear sense of purpose. Managers always supportive and company feels very inclusive with generous benefits and fair pay.

Pros

Supportive management, free lunches in office, hybrid/remote model, wellness stipend.

Cons

Angry often misinformed customers, uncertain future of company

Fun events, but lack of sense of belonging & advancement

This place expects so much work from one single individual, one person is basically doing a job for 2-3 people. They always express "Run Lean" and it really puts pressure on employees to work more than a 40 hr work week. Working from home is nice, but where they lack is management. A person can work their tail off for years and still not see a promotion and the managers come up with random/inaccurate feedback stating that "you need to do more" but overlook what you have already done beyond your job description. They don't really value as an individual, but rather just need you to be a worker bee. I also feel they keep you in these lower positions so they don't have to pay you more, but expect a level of work that you'd except from a person in a higher position. Also the fact that they tell us to not wear RH gear in public b/c people were harassed, makes you really feel like their mission is not aligning with their actions and makes you feel ashamed to work here.

Pros

Virtual events, wellness stipend, Wfh

Cons

Management, No ability to move up, Lack of communication

Bad

I was laid off, they did not give a care in the world about anyone. Terrible company to work for, growth outlook is grim. Glad I was let go. Good luck.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good pay. Good people.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lack of training What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is goodWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Emails and phone calls for the entire shift

Permanently WFH Opportunity

Good working environment (meaning permanently WFH) Good WLBCompany too much focusing on top-line growth and lack development resources to build mid-office / internal control.

Cons

Unstable. Too much focus on top line growth

Poor management without a sense of direction

The entire c team of this company is out of their depth. The company has moved too slow to push out product to keep customers engaged despite having a hiring spree which has resulted in a firing spree to appease shareholders. The company had a golden opportunity to build on the success of 2021 and completely failed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robinhood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.6
InHerSight Score
4.6Personal Development
4.9Career Opportunities
4.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight